Park City, Utah

My wife and I are heading up to Park City, Utah to ski/snowboard at Park City/Canyons. We’re going at the end of the month and wanted to know if anyone has been there recently. If so, any good restaurants that we should check out? Also, any tips on lift tickets/rentals etc. would be very much appreciated. Thanks, Chris

Had a great meal at Handle about 6 weeks ago. I would highly recommend it. Corkage was $20, I think. Reservations are a must.

Corkage is allowed almost everywhere, but call first to be sure.

Yuki Yama sushi was very good also.

There’s a seafood buffet done in one of the lodges that everyone raves about. (Google it, I can’t remember the details. It’s well known and popular.) We generally loathe buffets, but for some reason my wife wanted to go. It was good by buffet standards (low hurdle to clear), but I wouldn’t make it a point to return.

We stayed and skied at Deer Valley, so can’t really help on the other questions. You might post your request in the travel forum also.

Thanks Chris! I’ll add Handle to our list.

anymore updates ? Heading out soon for a few days.

cheers

I’ve received recommendations for Purple Sage, Handle, High West, and No Name Saloon.
For lift tickets, most people say to purchase online, in advance. Hopefully we’ll get some additional input from those that have been recently :slight_smile: Enjoy your trip

I highly recommend Mariposa at Deer Valley if you are looking for upscale creative food that is very well executed.

http://www.deervalley.com/Dining/WhereToEat/Mariposa

The bonus is that waive corkage on one bottle of wine.

RiverHorse… hands down… Worth the airfare just to eat there.

Grappa. It’s doesn’t get very good reviews anymore, but I still find it awesome, albeit a little pricey but just fantastic food and service.

Just got back from a long weekend in PC. Stayed at the very top of Main Street.

Went to Grappa which was a 60 second walk- VERY tasty Italian but a bit overpriced. nice ambiance though.

For sushi we went to Flying Sumo at the bottom of Main Street- sat at bar and was treated to the executive chefs best dishes. For sure worth a visit if a massive steak meal isnt in the cards. Didn’t make it to Handle but heard from everyone that its THE spot right now. The Spur for drinks is solid- sit up top on the heated deck if its nice out.

Hope that helps!

Handle is great for food and wine - their list is wine geeky and not a rip off, especially considering where you are.

Park City has become lifestyles of the rich and famous. Even Deer Valley can’t compare to the new homes being built at the Canyons, truly ski in/ski out uber mansions. Some have their own chair lifts to their back doors.

Also really like High West for more casual fare, great cocktails and their separate whiskey bar is awesome.
No Name Saloon for a fun time, ok food, lively bar scene.

Also the outdoor bbq mid mountain at the Canyons is awesome - at the base of Tombstone Lift.

Buy lift tickets in advance, online. We paid $240 for a 3 day pass.

Do not miss Cloud Nine at the top of the DreamCatcher lift over at Canyons. The food is almost gourmet like (for a ski lodge for sure), grab a bite and a drink and head outside to the picnic tables. The views are EPIC

I was there last week and I noticed a distinct change in the level of “poshness” around town (not that it was ever somehow poor). I wonder if it a function of Vail moving in or just part of an upscale run on ski resort towns in general.

Ate at Riverhorse, which is kind of a tradition with my ski buddies when we meet in PC. Solid, well done dinner, BYOB, which was handled with aplomb.

So we returned this week and I wanted to report back some of our highlights…
We stayed at a wonderful B&B called Torchlight Inn, I would highly recommend as it’s super close to Main street and the slopes and the owners are great. We ended up eating at the following:
Friday night- High West. They have excellent cocktails and the burger was really, really good. There was a 2 hour wait so we had a couple of cocktails in the bar prior to getting seated.
Saturday night-Purple Sage- Really cute place with excellent food. We had the charcuterie which was a meal in itself, beet salad (kinda a throw away), and Filet (very good). We brought a bottle of Bedrock Cab which the owner and server were excited about because they have other Bedrocks on the wine list but had never tried an older Cab.
Sunday night -Montage in Deer Valley- we had a cocktail in the lobby bar and then went to the Yama Sushi. The fish was super fresh and tasted amazing. My wife got the Ramen which was average. The Saki list was impressive.
Monday night-Handle- the food was amazing. We got the Oysters, Biscuit, Scallops, and Pasta. Everything was prepared perfectly and I want to return just to have a redo of our dinner.

Park Valley and Canyons was super fun for Skiing/Snowboarding. The combined resorts make it HUGE. I’m looking forward to going back. Cheers!