Niagara-on-the Lake, Twenty Valley, Escarpment

Planning a few days in and around NOTL. Looking for some winery and restaurant (lunch and dinner) recs in the area. We are staying in NOTL, but will venture out toward Beamsville. I saw older posts and wonder if there are any additions. We prefer dry reds and whites, not a fan of icewine. On our list is Ravine, Tawse, Foreign Affair, Colaneri Stratus and Southbrook. Thanks in advance!

Where are you staying in NOTL? Prince of Wales has Escabeche which used to be good. Otherwise Treadwell’s is your best bet. Father/son team run it well.
Not really up on the Niagara wine scene any longer as I’ve stopped visiting for various reasons. Agree with Tawse. Consistently very good to great. *Redstone" is a sister property owned by Moray with a great resto/patio/ lunch spot. Wines are slightly down market from Tawse. Lots of local love for Pearl Morissette (which I think are more often than not faulty), but if you lean that way, it may be worth a call beforehand. Never considered Ravine a must stop. I’m friends with JP Colas who makes wine at 13th Street. He’s a chablissienne by birth (used to be winemaker at Larcoche), so his whites are focused if you like that. Maybe add Creekside in NOTL as they have very good reds. Lowrey as well if you can get in.

other wineries-Lalley-good reds, Konzelmann, Pondview, and Five Rows

Thanks for the great suggestions. I’ll do some homework and see what we can fit in. We are staying at a B&B in NOTL, and one night is dinner at Hob Nob.

Just noticed my mistake, Stewart mentions Five Rows. Those are the Lowrey’s. I used the family name, not the winery.

Cheese Secrets next to the Olde Angel Inn has a great selection of cheeses. If you have nice weather, I’d start there, hit a bakery for bread, a wine shop for a local riesling and head down to the park by the Niagara River.

Thanks for the correction!

This is a great idea! Something we always do when visiting Napa/Sonoma. Thank you!