NYC: restaurant recommendations from this list?

Hey you New Yorkers (and others in-the-know),

From this list of Manhattan restaurants, give me the top few for dinner for four. BYOB not necessary and in fact, the wine list is secondary [gasp!]. Thanks.

Marea
A Voce
Dovetail
Eighty One
SD-26
Corton
Gramercy Tavern
One Madison Park
Hearth
Mas
Blue Hill
Del Posto

Great list. I’d go with the following, but not necessarily in this order:

Marea
Corton
Blue Hill
EMP (assuming it didn’t move to One Madison Park)

Mas is amazing as well.

Del Posto is a great site seeing resturant that is HUGELY expensive and the food isnt as good as some of the others on the list but it is also not all about the food there.

Another vote for Mas, and Marea as well. I had dinner there a few weeks ago and it was great.

Randy,

The ones I left are my pick. I chose Gramercy, cause it really is a NYC institution, the room(s) are beautifully decorated and the food is quite good too, if not earth-shattering.

Thank you, everyone.

I’ve now had a chance to look at the menus from this list and I think 11 Madison is in the lead. My wife and I really don’t want Italian.

We love Asian Fusion cuisine but don’t see much of it on this list. The list, by the way, are suggestions from my Manhattan sister-in-law on where we can all eat when we visit NYC later in the month. The sister-in-law is not quite as adventurous as my wife and myself.

But this one goes to Eleven! [berserker.gif] Can’t go wrong with EMP.

If wine is less important, I am surprised that no one put Blue Hill in their top five.

A friend went to Marea and was not impressed. I’d love to hear from those of you who like it.

Why didn’t you say so?

Bar Bao (highly recommended)
Fatty Crab
Any of the Momofukus (but be forewarned, they are not made for comfort or ambiance)
Spice Market
Xie Xie

My wife and I were married at Blue Hill, and we have yet to have a bad meal. Nice cozy setting in the lower level of a brownstone. Very quiet and nice

When is this said trip Randy so an offline can be planned while you’re in town! [berserker.gif] -mJ

You should definitely check out Corton. It’s really worth going there.

Why don’t you stop down in Philly for a day or two while you’re here?

Had a fantastic dinner at Mas two weeks ago.

Guys, thanks so much. I really wish I could do an offline. It would probably be more fun the stuff I have to do but it’s a fairly whirl-wind trip back east chock full of family obligations.

Hi Randy,
Asiate in the Time Warner is Continental with a Asian Twist.The Food is amazing,service is excellent and the view is beautiful.The only negative is the price,They do allow BYO,You can find them on opentable.
Not Asian fusion but 11 Madison is excellent and everyone loves this place,81-very good but not n the same league as 11 Mad.
Mas-Good with a very casual atmosphere.
Another option Aureole in the main restaurant-Monday’s free BYO-Excellent food,Service
Gramcy is OK but the food has slipped IMHO.
Some Trendy Asian Fusion options below,They have good food but are not in the same class as the restaurants above
Megu-Uptown is less Trendy,Downtown restaurant is noisy and Trendy which could be fun if you like that.
Morimoto
Budakahn

Have Fun
Cindy