Best Airline Business Class to Europe?

May need to travel to Vienna and Amsterdam in May. Who has the best Business Class cabin between US and Europe?

Thanks!

On a good day, Virgin. But I would generally take a worse direct flight over a better one with a change (especially switching terminals at LHR).

Most business class are pretty decent these days?

AAbiz class with the1-2-1 config is pretty awesome

Note that OP is based in Oregon, so options from that area are somewhat more limited. Are you willing to make connections on either/both ends to get to a “better” C product, or is a reasonably direct flight more important? Is the seat itself most important? How tall are you? Food? Storage? Flight Attendant service? Lots of variables here, and it’s pretty tough to find them all in the same package.

Into Vienna, Austrian has a pretty solid product, and will get you there from Portland in one stop. Seats are good, and catering is by Do&Co, which is widely considered to be the best in the business.

Into Amsterdam, it’ll be hard to beat the convenience of the nonstop from Portland on Delta. A decent seat, but service isn’t on par with the best.

Agreed. AA’s newer plane business class is great. Older plane, not so much.
BA always has excellent service.

Most are pretty good these days. Obviously find one with lie-flat seats. For me, it’s about what to avoid. I avoid narrow-body planes, especially the 757s that UA flies from IAD/EWR to Western Europe. I’d much rather take an A380/330, 777, 787, 747, etc. Just feels less clausterphobic. Newer planes often will have more updated interiors.

Well, I just flew an older plane (767) today from ORD to CDG. Had the 1-2-1 layout Charlie mentions. Kind of strange, since I chose a window seat, but ended up with the little table thing on the window, so not really a window. I can’t sleep on planes, no matter what, so couldn’t give you a very good opinion. I’d rather have the old fashioned big comfy business seats that just lean back pretty well to these thin, narrow, lie-down seats.

And the advice to forget about which is “best” and focus on non-stop is excellent. 6 hour delay going through Chicago because of mechanical and weather (because I had to fly AA to use miles). From Oregon you’ve got a stop somewhere no matter what, but better to have that stop where there aren’t common weather delays.

I flew the 777-200er Biz and it was pretty impressive. It looks similar to 767 but just a little more updated with additional space for your items.

Have switched to DL last year and enjoying 777 and 767. 330s not so much as seats as more narrow and less length at full flat (6’3 I am.)

SQ A380 JFK-FRA
EK A380 JFK-MXP

What do I win? [snort.gif]

That Emirates flight does rock

Air France BC pods from LAX-CDG was excellent last week. I liked that you didn’t have to get out of seat to convert to bed and monitor was excellent. A notch up from Virgin.

I’ll be taking the “Nike Flight” on Saturday and will report back. Delta PDX to AMS direct.