Lyon

Tips, stories, and questions about travel-related topics
Sanjay Nandurkar

Lyon

#51 Post by Sanjay Nandurkar » July 24th, 2016, 3:18 am

Thanks Steve and others
The Orange Sim worked like a treat.

We had a great time in Lyon and Alsace and Avignon. Three full sunny weeks. Avignon was hot initially ~ 38 degrees Celsius but then the Mistral come and temp dropped to 28 C.

We were there during Euro Soccer with plenty of crowds. Fun atmosphere.

I had originally planned to exit out of Nice but changed plans. Otherwise we would have been Nice exactly during the terrorist attack.

Howard Davis
GCC Member
GCC Member

Lyon

#52 Post by Howard Davis » July 25th, 2016, 12:55 am

Thanks to Bernard and others for this thread. I had a couple of great days in Lyon. I ended up dining at the Burgundy Lounge, which was great, and Les Halles.

It's great fun to be in France during a big football tournament. Very peaceful and relaxed (not what's you see on TV), the different fans in my hotel interacting well, with people playing table soccer on the lawn.

Lyon is a captivating city!
CT HowardNZ

G Kramer

Lyon

#53 Post by G Kramer » August 17th, 2016, 4:59 am

Recent 2-day visit was no easy feat for dining options. Not only were most places closed for summer holiday but it was a weekend to boot. Pretty much a ghost city but we enjoyed nonetheless.

Had a nice meal at L'Ame Soeur. Bernard was right about the wine list. We had a super white Vacqueras and a 2008 Allemand Chaillots priced astoundingly well.

Thanks to Patrick for the steer to Le Supreme. Terrific Bresse chicken menu and a nice young Gonon.

Prior to Lyon we stopped in beautiful Annecy. Great morning market. Dinner was at Cafe Brunet. It is tumultuous and a laugh. Menus of food and wine are randomly posted on the walls and it's a sizable place. Only by wandering around did I discover they have a Mondeuse only list dating back decades. Food was seriously good.
Greg
ITB
VDLT Wine Community

SimonC

Re: Lyon

#54 Post by SimonC » September 17th, 2018, 1:33 pm

Bump!

Will be going to Lyon in mid-November (luckily at the same time as the celebration of Beaujolais Nouveau, yay!).
Any updates of recommendations? Looks like some of the places has closed down.
C h r i s t i e n s e n

vincentz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#55 Post by vincentz » September 17th, 2018, 2:25 pm

Enjoyed Lyon two June ago with friends. Our adventures through the city and dining were exceptional.
A find, at the time, for us and remains dear is Wee-An (wine bar, bistro). The address is 7 rue de la Part-Dieu 69003.
V. Z e r i n g u e

Ted Erfer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#56 Post by Ted Erfer » September 19th, 2018, 8:48 pm

The Resistance Museum is excellent for a few hours of history. It is very well done.

Return to “Travel Forum”