Tips, stories, and questions about travel-related topics
mark rudner
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Cabo San Lucas: Recs?

#51 Post by mark rudner » July 10th, 2019, 12:21 pm

sorry neal didn't see that
and yes jordan is correct
not just the rips/tides /currents but lots of submerged giant rocks all over the place

would be nice if they could figure a way to fill a pool with seawater

Neal.Mollen

#52 Post by Neal.Mollen » July 10th, 2019, 12:38 pm

Thanks to you both. Not sure I would dig going to a beach and not being able to get in the water.
I don't have to speak; she defends me

A drunkard's dream if I ever did see one

jordan whitehead

#53 Post by jordan whitehead » July 10th, 2019, 2:37 pm

Neal.Mollen wrote:
July 10th, 2019, 12:38 pm
Thanks to you both. Not sure I would dig going to a beach and not being able to get in the water.
Medano Beach is wonderful. Been multiple times. Rented a condo 300 yrds away this past new years
www.annaswish.org

SeanHarding
GCC Member
GCC Member

#54 Post by SeanHarding » July 10th, 2019, 4:56 pm

You can get in the water at Montage.

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#55 Post by Andrew Kotowski » August 15th, 2019, 7:38 am

Thanks again for this thread - enjoying our 25th anniversary at Esperanza as I type. Prices were pretty crazy, but I had an ungodly amount of Chase Ultimate points and wasn’t afraid to get a crappy ROI on them.

Service has been great - concierge scheduled everything for us in advance, champagne and strawberries when we arrived, found rose petals in the shape of a heart on the bed when we got back from dinner, etc. Full moon dinner at Cocina del Mar was as "picturesque" as you're going to find, with good (but not great) food. Much like some of the other comments above, we were largely content to stay at the resort and mentally check-out, with the exception of a sunset sail around the Arch

Restaurant rec - if you like grilling, Carbon Cabron was FANTASTIC. https://www.carboncabron.com/#reservations Decor was awesome (dark, asador-themed place, with stacks of "firewood" separating the communal tables), food was sincerely fantastic from the corn starter to glazed short rib. Closer to San Jose side, in a strip mall, which is a bit weird, but once you're inside it's a great experience. Note: if you're sensitive to smoke, this is a skip - see: asador-themed place.
You can find me at the grill! Https://www.facebook.com/akgrill

Return to “Travel Forum”