Savannah and Charleston - retail and BYO inquiry

The wife and I are taking a somewhat impromptu trip next week, with two nights in each city. Already have quite a few dining spots lined up (FIG, Husk, Lowcountry Bistro to name a few). The wine list at FIG looks to have a few selections that are right up my alley, and it seems from browsing other threads that most restaurants we are interested in are BYO friendly. I’ll probably bring a few bottles from home, but wouldn’t mind doing some local retail shopping if there are any recommended stores??

In Savannah, two restaurants I like are Elizabeth’s on 37th and the Pink House. I have not been there, but there is a lot of buzz about a restaurant called Grey. http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/31/travel/restaurant-report-the-grey-in-savannah-georgia.html?_r=0

Bull Street Gourmet and Goat. Sheep. Cow. both had small but interesting selections. Nothing old though. Didn’t notice any wine-only stores. One thing I noticed though was that the selection at the stores was pretty similar to the selection at restaurants, I’m sure they all get from the same sources.

Agreed. We also liked a more casual Local 11Ten. Both are a short cab ride away from the tourist area hotels. FYI, Elizabeth is an old elegant house, with great food and service.

we BYO’d on a trip last year at Husk, McCrady’s and the Ordinary. Corkage was reasonable at all places.
Slim pickings in Charleston for wine purchasing.

In Charleston we usually end up at O’Hara & Flynn Wine Bar (Meeting Street) at least once. Decent selection, friendly owner, excellent charcuterie.

I had fears that The Pink House was more institution than fine dining, but it was actually really solid.

Thanks for all the recs! I guess I should’ve been a bit more to the point in my OP, mostly looking for good retail spot(s) in either/both as our dining plans are basically set, but that sounds like it might be a long shot? Will definitely plan to stop by O’Hara and Flynn and Bull St to see what they have to offer.

Le Chai is a nice small wine store in Savannah. All European wines when I was in there a couple of years ago. Nothing from the US.