Tuscany Trip Update

My post early in the planning stage for this trip generated some fantastic advice. Thanks to all.
Here is the itinerary so far:

Friday Oct 2: Arrive Rome late afternoon. Rent car, drive to Orvieto for evening
Sat: Explore Orvieto, drive to Siena in PM. Dinner @ La Taverna di San Giuseppe in Siena
Sun: Explore San Gimignano, other hill towns. No dinner plans yet
Mon: Drive to Montalcino. Wine Tasting @ Le Macioche in AM. Lunch in Montalcino and explore the town. Afternnon tour/tasting @ Pian Dell’orino. Dinner @ Tre Cristi Siena
Tues: Leave Siena, drive to Villa Bordoni near Greve. Afternoon/evening no plans
Wed: Explore Greve, relax. ? dinner @ Villa Bordoni
Thurs: Bus to Florence. Spend day in city. Late lunch/wine tasting @ Enoteca Pitti Wine Bar in Florence. Back to Villa Bordoni. Dinner @ hotel or in Greve
Fri: Explore Chianti, ? winery visit
Sat: No plans. Last night @ Villa Bordoni
Sun: Check out. Drive to Rome. ? sight-seeing along the way. Return rental car. Stay @ QC Termeroma spa/hotel.
Monday: Return home

I’m looking for advice for wineries near Greve and restaurants in the Greve area. Also, still need to set up a dinner for one night in Siena.
Any recommendations on quick sites to visit/lunch between Siena and FCO

thanks in advance,
jan

You’re packing a lot in. Lots of driving time. I would spend a little more time chill’n in Siena and the small towns in Chianti. Hit Lucca up if you can fit it into the schedule. Italians have their own schedule so keep in mind every holy day is celebrated (shops may close) and siesta may also interrupt your plans. Go with it and relax.

As far as wineries, Brolio near Gaiole in Chianti I was told is the originator of the Chianti recipe. We visited there and enjoyed the wines and the castle.

It’s been a while but Ristoro Lamole was a favorite restaurant on multiple trips. depending on where your villa is it is around 10-20 minutes drive from Greve.
http://ristorodilamole.it/en/

i’ve enjoyed visits and tastings at Badia Coltibuono, Vignavecchia, Livernano, Villa Cafaggio, fontodi, vignamaggio, and others.

in Greve there’s a good butcher shop antica macelleria falorni. The most famous butcher is in Panzano, Dario Cecchini.

regards,
Brian

Jan,

You might get some ideas from this: Toscana (Tuscany) | Wine Travel Around The World

Marilyn

Thanks for the tips and advice. Getting excited, as we are leaving tomorrow.