Places to stay in Santa Barbara wine country?

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to stay in Santa Barbara wine country? We are planning our first trip to the area and am familiar with the wineries but clueless about the area in general. I am doing a run that starts in Santa Ynez and ends in Solvang (so would be great to be near the start or finish line, although not critical) but plan to also visit Buellton, Los Olivos and Lompoc during the trip. Not looking to break the bank on this trip, so not necessarily looking for a resort, but maybe a nice hotel or bed and breakfast. Oh, and this is our first “parent only” trip in a couple of years, so romantic might also be nice :slight_smile: Thanks in advance for any tips.

We stayed at Hadsten House in Solvang in 2011 and would do so again. Nothing fancy but it was a nice room and big enough that the stack of wine boxes did not get in the way. Solvang is easily walkable so no need to drive when going out for dinner or just checking out the town.

Thanks, Brian. I will definitely check that out. The location sounds ideal.

Hi. Ballard Inn in Ballard is the class of the Valley. The restaurant is always the #1 or #2 Zagat restaurant in the Valley. Fess Parker’s Wine Country Inn in Los Olivos is very good, as is the Santa Ynez Inn in Santa Ynez. Ayers has opened escrow for a hotel next to the Wine Ghetto in Lompoc. champagne.gif

Thanks so much, Stephen! Much appreciated.

PS - Clos Pepe is on our list of “must visit” wineries when we are in town :slight_smile:

Stephen is spot on. The Ballard Inn is amazing (as is Clos Pepe :slight_smile: ) and a perfect post run spot. Food kills it and quite the wine list.

Hope you PR your run and have a great vaca away!!

AirBnB has some wonderful listings throughout the Central Coast, I’d suggest looking into that.