Vegas: Chada vs Lotus or Japanese options (off-the-strip)

Looking to go off the strip one night this year for what is traditionally our Japanese night. I have been to Lotus before but just as a couple and determined that to be a much better place with a larger group (more sharing and tasting possible). We should be 6 or 8 this year so considering a return there. Also looking at Chada. Chada has a better corkage policy and it looks like maybe a little more ambience. The other option would be Japanese. Needs to have kick ass sushi AND also do cooked stuff for 2 troublemakers in the group. Anyone have any experience at a place called Soho? Great Yelp reviews, FRRE corkage and what looks like an awesome Japanese mix for my group.

I don’t know what the corkage is but I would recommend Raku. And, not to be a broken record in every Vegas thread, but I would recommend Chada over Lotus, especially if wine is a focus. Bank and his staff will take better care of you.

Do they serve sushi at Raku? I was looking at it but I don’t think I can get my wife to Japanese without sushi.

Kabuto is my go to sushi place off the strip. It is in the same strip mall as Raku. Very small place though so I don’t know if they do parties of 8. I also don’t know if they have a corkage policy. They have a decent sake list so I usually just do that.

Kabuto is also excellent. Yes, Raku has sushi, though you will have to order it a la carte.

We ate at Raku on Tuesday. Some amazing dishes. No BYOB. That’s a drawback. But really, really good. It’s a very small place, so reservations are necessary.

I usually do Raku one night and Kabuto another night.

my favorite sushi in the city is WAY off the strip…Sushi Tower.

4145 South Grand Canyon Drive, Las Vegas, NV 89147

i used to live down the street from it and was always very pleased with their food. incredibly nice team there, too. figure about a 20 minute drive from the strip if you use the 215, if you take surface roads it’ll be closer to 30 minutes with all the lights/traffic.

Thank you WB.
Last week was my first time in Las Vegas and I went to both Chada and Kabuto.
Chada was excellent and my group of 5 allowed us to sample and explore a variety of dishes.
Kabuto was wonderful. Some of the best sashimi/sushi I have ever had.

Thank you.
If not for this Forum, I doubt I would have ever heard of these places.
Thanks.

what are the can’t miss dishes at Chada?

pork larb
beef jerky
homemade spicy crab curry with noodles
any of the rib eye dishes
drunken noodles (pick your protein)
any of the softshell crab dishes
braised pork rib
duck panang
charbroiled pork with chili mint

those would be a good start