Need advice for big Napa dinner with kids

I will be spending a weekend at the Silverado Resort in a month or so, with several other families, and need to plan a dinner for 20 people - almost half kids between the ages of 6 and 10. I’ve called several restaurants that either refuse a party that size flat out or refer me to their event planner. The event planners are proposing $55-$85 set menus. The other families are balking at paying that much for their little ones. The restaurants aren’t showing much flexibility. Does anyone have any suggestions?

You’ve probably already confirmed, but there’s no KIDS menu… they expect you to pay that for a 6 year old??

No confirmation yet - they all also want a deposit that I won’t put down until I get buy-in from the other families. The best option yet offered is a $55 menu for adults, and either smaller kid portions at $45/head or a basic kid menu (app/pasta/dessert) for $35. I’m hoping someone can report on a similar big family dinner that sent everyone of all ages home full and happy…

We did a dinner for 14 at Tra Vigne in St Helena a few months ago. It was the one restaurant I found that would let us order off the full menu and not be limited to a set menu with 2 or 3 choices. Everyone was very pleased with the food and the service was generally fine. They had no problem with some of us sharing main courses after overdoing it with the starters, so splitting dishes could be an alternative if they don’t have a separate kid’s menu.

If you haven’t already, I’d suggest calling Bistro Don Giovanni. I bet you could do a bunch of pizzas or pastas for the kids.