SHIPPING UPDATE! !** SOLD OUT*** ** SALT VINE WINES - Mike Smith led wines - 2018 debut and library offers + more **

Warm up your credit cards and come on in, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers - open to EVERYONE who loves wine. Apologize to your spouse or significant other ahead of time. #BD12
Forum rules
Forum rules
Not 'Rules', necessarily, but here's how BerserkerDay goes:

I'll be launching offers in groups of 8-10, in increments of 30 minutes. Sponsors will stay pegged at the top of the forum all day, each new group of offers will come in at the top with them for their launch grouping, cycling into the 'normal' thread after their launch time has passed, with a new launch group posted atop the thread thereafter. Discussion is encouraged, as posting replies moves the thread up to the top of the grouping, whether that is during launch time group or the 'regular' forum.

Keep checking in every 30 minutes for new offers being posted, and keep scrolling down to see everything that has been launched throughout the timeframe in which you've been on the forum, which hopefully is ALL DAY
c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

SHIPPING UPDATE! !** SOLD OUT*** ** SALT VINE WINES - Mike Smith led wines - 2018 debut and library offers + more **

#1 Post by c fu »

Our last offer for Salt Vine Wines was a sold out success so we are happy to offer it again, but with even more options!

The demand on Berserkerday Preview day surpassed what we expected, we have quite the backlog to work through for the orders taken over PM/Email due to exhausting website stock early on in the day. If you emailed us or PM'd us, PLEASE DO NOT WORRY - your order will be filled.

We have refilled all of the stock on the website

We'll try and refill as much as we can during Berserkerday but at some point it'll sell out like it did last year. So be quick on the trigger

Salt Vine wines is a small scale producer of Napa Valley Cabernet Sauvignon crafted by Mike Smith. The idea behind Salt Vine is to take advantage short term contracts to access incredible Cabernet Sauvignon fruit that isn't available for multiple years at a time. While the vineyards vary from vintage to vintage, what is consistent is that Mike is crafting beautiful wines from the absolute best fruit available to us.

The wines started with the 2014 Cabernet vintage and we’ve been lucky to have Mike guide these wines since then.

The wines are aged in 80% new oak and all exude that classic Mike Smith texture
OFFER #1 – From the library – our Inagural vintage – 2014 Salt Vine Cabernet 3 pack OWC. Move quickly on these as we sold through the allocated orders preview day very quickly.

The wine’s aroma displays a mix of intense ripe berries, blackberry tea, sweet tobacco, cacao nib, and cassis. As the wine unfolds in the glass, caramel and sage emerge along with notes or freshly picked raspberry and blackberry. The palette entry is dominated by dark berries and chocolate shavings, then expands to include vanilla, warm baking spices, and macerated blackberries. The texture is plush and seamless while underpinned well integrated, finely knit tannins. This is an exceedingly pure and elegant expression of Cabernet Sauvignon.
Salt OWC.JPG

Retail price - $900/OWC

Berserker Day Price - $400/OWC

https://www.golden8wines.com/product-p/14salt3pack.htm

OFFER #2 – 2016 vintage cabernet plus the 2018 debut release WITH A **BONUS**

salt cab.jpg
*** please note - the cabernet wines will ship in March as we custom print our labels and they will not be ready until then ***

We are releasing the 2018 vintage today on Wine Berserkers. Probably the best wine we’ve ever made. From GIII vineyard it is a wine packed densely with material with structure that will allow that material to age. It gives pleasure now with generous fruit and plush acid. If I had to use a hand symbol to describe this wine, it’d just be the hand motion for a bomb exploding. GIII is a huge vineyard but this one is one of the best, northern section of the vineyard that abuts the Caymus Estate property.

Retail - $289
Berserkerday price 2018 Release - $115 a bottle – the cheapest 2018 GIII Cabernet anywhere.

https://www.golden8wines.com/product-p/18saltvinecs.htm

Also reaching into the library to re-offer the 2016 we sold at the last Berserkerday – we sold out of all the public bottles, but had some saved up, releasing some to the wild at the same price as last year. 2016 was a more classic vintage. Weather at the end of the season was moderate and the grapes enjoyed long hang times. The wine is a seamless expression of dark berries, cassis, cedar of cocoa. It has a lovely texture which for me is the signature of all Mike's great wines.

Retail - $289
Berserkerday price2016 Release - $99 a bottle.

https://www.golden8wines.com/product-p/16saltcs.htm

BUT THAT’S NOT ALL!

For every 5 bottles of 2016/2018 Cabernet you purchase, you receive one bottle of the 2018 Salt Vine Rose for a penny (thank the ABC for that) No need to add to cart, will be added to all orders when shipped

OFFER #3 – 2018 Salt Vine Rose 6-Pack Blowout

Our rose was wildly popular for on premise consumption at restaurants, but due to Covid-19 and the shut down of dining in California, we have extra stock of the roseand we are blowing it out for berserkers. It’s 100% pinot noir from Sangiacomo vineyard.

Retail is $35/btl

Berserkerday price 2018 Rose 6-pack for $125

https://www.golden8wines.com/product-p/ ... d6pack.htm

If you have any questions please ask here but also feel free to PM me or email me.

If you do not see your state in the drop down menu please PM me directly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/clayfu.wine

Mark Maddox
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

Re: ** SALT VINE WINES - Mike Smith led wines - 2018 debut and library offers + more **

#2 Post by Mark Maddox »

Well this got expensive fast....love these wines.

Jason K.
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: ** SALT VINE WINES - Mike Smith led wines - 2018 debut and library offers + more **

#3 Post by Jason K. »

I sent a PM, but do y'all ship to TN? I don't see an option in the shipping address dropdown :(
Jason K i n g

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#4 Post by c fu »

Jason K. wrote: January 26th, 2021, 8:14 am I sent a PM, but do y'all ship to TN? I don't see an option in the shipping address dropdown :(
Hi Jason!

Please check your PM. If you don’t see your state in the drop down menu please PM me
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Ian H
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Ian H »

2014s too good to pass up. Looking forward to that!
@@S

Phil M
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by Phil M »

Charlie,
Is there a coupon code that needs to be entered or will the discounts and bonus bottles be applied automatically? Also, I did not see a shipping option for Pennsylvania...
Ph!l M@rx

Anton D
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#7 Post by Anton D »

In for a six pack, thank you, Charlie!!!
Anton Dotson

What is man, when you come to think upon him, but a minutely set, ingenious machine for turning, with infinite artfulness, the fine red wine of Shiraz into urine?

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#8 Post by Andrew Kotowski »

In for an order of rose. Need to have some hope of summer coming, up here in WA state... Thanks!
Instagram at @akgrill

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#9 Post by c fu »

Phil M wrote: January 26th, 2021, 8:35 am Charlie,
Is there a coupon code that needs to be entered or will the discounts and bonus bottles be applied automatically? Also, I did not see a shipping option for Pennsylvania...
Hi Phil

All discounts and bonus bottles are applied automatically

Please check your pm
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Aleks V
GCC Member
GCC Member

#10 Post by Aleks V »

Charlie- website seems to be freezing when I check out. Specifically when I’m asked to create a password. Has happened several times now.
Oy-V3y

Eric White
GCC Member
GCC Member

#11 Post by Eric White »

There was an error processing your payment.
Gateway Response: An error occurred while trying to process this transaction. Please try again. If this error persists, please contact us.
There was an error response communicating to the payment gateway server. Please try again in a few moments.

Eric White
GCC Member
GCC Member

#12 Post by Eric White »

huh, it worked when I tried again (with a Visa instead of an AmEx, wonder if that made a diff?). Anyhow, in for a 3-pack fo the 2018!

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#13 Post by c fu »

Aleks V wrote: January 26th, 2021, 8:46 am Charlie- website seems to be freezing when I check out. Specifically when I’m asked to create a password. Has happened several times now.
Should be working now. Please let me know if there are still issues. Demand has been overwhelming!
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Travis Fantz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#14 Post by Travis Fantz »

Can you add on other wines from them to ship with the order?
HS Math Teacher (old ITB)

Aleks V
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15 Post by Aleks V »

c fu wrote: January 26th, 2021, 8:59 am
Aleks V wrote: January 26th, 2021, 8:46 am Charlie- website seems to be freezing when I check out. Specifically when I’m asked to create a password. Has happened several times now.
Should be working now. Please let me know if there are still issues. Demand has been overwhelming!
Still not working for me unfortunately. I’m using my phone and an iPad, maybe laptop would work? I won’t get to one for a couple of hours.
Oy-V3y

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#16 Post by c fu »

Aleks V wrote: January 26th, 2021, 9:07 am
c fu wrote: January 26th, 2021, 8:59 am
Still not working for me unfortunately. I’m using my phone and an iPad, maybe laptop would work? I won’t get to one for a couple of hours.
Pm sent!
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#17 Post by c fu »

Travis Fantz wrote: January 26th, 2021, 9:01 am Can you add on other wines from them to ship with the order?
Yes sir!
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

jeffmcw33
GCC Member
GCC Member

#18 Post by jeffmcw33 »

Done, really excited to try them out. Picked up some 2014, 2016, and 2018.
Last edited by jeffmcw33 on January 26th, 2021, 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
M c W i l l i a m s

DerekB
GCC Member
GCC Member

#19 Post by DerekB »

Order in. Looking forward to it!

Jeremy Charmak
GCC Member
GCC Member

#20 Post by Jeremy Charmak »

Website shows sold out of the 2014 3 pack.

Greg Smith
GCC Member
GCC Member

#21 Post by Greg Smith »

In for a 2018 and 2016. Looking forward to trying them.

James Todd
GCC Member
GCC Member

#22 Post by James Todd »

Order in for 16s, 18s, and rose pack. Was hoping for 14s also but a little slow.

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#23 Post by c fu »

Jeremy Charmak wrote: January 26th, 2021, 10:01 am Website shows sold out of the 2014 3 pack.
James Todd wrote: January 26th, 2021, 10:20 am Order in for 16s, 18s, and rose pack. Was hoping for 14s also but a little slow.
Please shoot me a PM with your email address if you want a 2014 and we'll invoice you tonight. Don't have access to a computer at the moment to update quantity. Will update later tonight but can take orders via PM
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Frank Z
GCC Member
GCC Member

#24 Post by Frank Z »

In for a 16 and 18. Really liked the 15s that I picked up last year! Thanks Charlie and Ryan!
Frank Zhang

lauhill

#25 Post by lauhill »

No south carolina shipping?

JenniferCC
GCC Member
GCC Member

#26 Post by JenniferCC »

Long time lurker here and my first berserker day! I love Salt wines. I was buying these at retail! I went in on 24 2016s and 6 2018s. This is my first purchase of the day and there are a 100 more wineries! My budget already flew out the door, however my hubs is being very supportive. 🤣

J. Rock
GCC Member
GCC Member

#27 Post by J. Rock »

I'm surprised there's a 2018 because the website seems like it hasn't been touched in years, but I'm in for a 2016 and 2018. Missing the free shipping from last year, but still an attractive offer. Thanks!
J o r d a n

WOTY 2020: 1982 Cakebread Cellars Sauvignon Blanc Late Harvest Rutherford Gold

Demian Saenz
GCC Member
GCC Member

#28 Post by Demian Saenz »

Order in for 2 of the ‘16s, missed out on the 2014s.

Olivia H
GCC Member
GCC Member

#29 Post by Olivia H »

So excited about this! Glad we can pre-snag this phenomenal deal.

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#30 Post by c fu »

J. Rock wrote: January 26th, 2021, 10:53 am I'm surprised there's a 2018 because the website seems like it hasn't been touched in years, but I'm in for a 2016 and 2018. Missing the free shipping from last year, but still an attractive offer. Thanks!
Thanks! financially free shipping was not the smartest idea for us as we were offering it with 2 pack purchases. Ha.

Yeah.. the website hasn't been updated in eons. We've been working almost exclusively DTC and restaurant.
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

PatrickW
GCC Member
GCC Member

#31 Post by PatrickW »

Order in - super excited to try these!
W e n g e r

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#32 Post by c fu »

JenniferCC wrote: January 26th, 2021, 10:53 am Long time lurker here and my first berserker day! I love Salt wines. I was buying these at retail! I went in on 24 2016s and 6 2018s. This is my first purchase of the day and there are a 100 more wineries! My budget already flew out the door, however my hubs is being very supportive. 🤣
What a first post!!
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Curtis Chen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#33 Post by Curtis Chen »

JenniferCC wrote: January 26th, 2021, 10:53 am Long time lurker here and my first berserker day! I love Salt wines. I was buying these at retail! I went in on 24 2016s and 6 2018s. This is my first purchase of the day and there are a 100 more wineries! My budget already flew out the door, however my hubs is being very supportive. 🤣
Woah! This wins. :rocket::rocket::rocket:

Alex C
GCC Member
GCC Member

#34 Post by Alex C »

And just like that the 18' is gone

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#35 Post by c fu »

The demand on Berserkerday Preview day surpassed what we expected, we have quite the backlog to work through for the orders taken over PM/Email due to exhausting website stock early on in the day. If you emailed us or PM'd us, PLEASE DO NOT WORRY - your order will be filled.

We have refilled all of the stock on the website

We'll try and refill as much as we can during Berserkerday but at some point it'll sell out like it did last year. So be quick on the trigger
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

AD Northup
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#36 Post by AD Northup »

Easy decision, family loves the wines. Excited to add the rose to our summer rotation!
A n d r e w N o r t h u p

2021 WOTY Candidates:
1995 Charles Heidsieck Champagne Blanc des Millénaires

2020 WOTY:
2015 Roses de Jeanne / Cédric Bouchard Champagne Blanc de Noirs La Presle (first RdJ)

2019 WOTY:
2005 Faja dos Padres Malvasia

Viet Ly
GCC Member
GCC Member

#37 Post by Viet Ly »

Rose is a no brainer at the price. Looking forward to sharing with friends and family once everyone gets their vaccine in the spring/summer. Friend shared a sample vial of the 2016 cab: nice Napa fruit with plush texture. Thanks guys!

Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#38 Post by Mark Y »

Viet Ly wrote: January 27th, 2021, 8:45 am Rose is a no brainer at the price. Looking forward to sharing with friends and family once everyone gets their vaccine in the spring/summer. Friend shared a sample vial of the 2016 cab: nice Napa fruit with plush texture. Thanks guys!
What would you say is a Comparable rose in terms of style?

Need to try!
Y.e.

Curtis Chen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#39 Post by Curtis Chen »

Mark Y wrote: January 27th, 2021, 8:55 am
Viet Ly wrote: January 27th, 2021, 8:45 am Rose is a no brainer at the price. Looking forward to sharing with friends and family once everyone gets their vaccine in the spring/summer. Friend shared a sample vial of the 2016 cab: nice Napa fruit with plush texture. Thanks guys!

Need to try!
It's my all-around favorite Rose. Took me by surprise! It reminds me of the old Commanderie de Peyrassol bottles I used to love, but with a touch more richness and density. Extremely aromatic with a purity to it where it's never cloyingly sweet (one of my pet peeves). Pairs perfectly with food and delicious by itself.

Also, what a nice friend 😭😭

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#40 Post by c fu »

Need to try!
I find the rose to be more structured than most due to the pinot noir inclusion - i feel it has the ability to age. You can taste the meatiness on it.
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Mark Y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#41 Post by Mark Y »

Curtis Chen wrote: January 27th, 2021, 9:21 am

Need to try!
It's my all-around favorite Rose. Took me by surprise! It reminds me of the old Commanderie de Peyrassol bottles I used to love, but with a touch more richness and density. Extremely aromatic with a purity to it where it's never cloyingly sweet (one of my pet peeves). Pairs perfectly with food and delicious by itself.

I found out you're the friend giving out free samples.. PM Curtis for samples I guess
PM coming. ;)

But thank you for the note on the Rose.. gotta try one to find out!
Y.e.

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#42 Post by c fu »

AD Northup wrote: January 27th, 2021, 8:41 am Easy decision, family loves the wines. Excited to add the rose to our summer rotation!
Thanks!! appreciate the order

huge amount of orders just came in - thanks to everyone that's purchased so far!!!
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Curtis Chen
GCC Member
GCC Member

#43 Post by Curtis Chen »

Mark Y wrote: January 27th, 2021, 9:34 am

Need to try!

I found out you're the friend giving out free samples.. PM Curtis for samples I guess
PM coming. ;)

Dude, anything for you! Especially after giving my *friend* and me such sexy bottles of Floodlands! 💛

bret siciliano
GCC Member
GCC Member

#44 Post by bret siciliano »

I’m in for the ‘14 and ‘18. Thank you!

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#45 Post by c fu »

Curtis Chen wrote: January 27th, 2021, 10:14 am
Mark Y wrote: January 27th, 2021, 9:34 am

PM coming. ;)

Dude, anything for you! Especially after giving my *friend* and me such sexy bottles of Floodlands! 💛
Will trade salt vine for floodlands!
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#46 Post by c fu »

Hi all

if you do not see your state in the drop down - please PM me with your order + shipping address + email address

thank you!!
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#47 Post by c fu »

Hi all

we are sold out - thanks for the interest!!!

We might have a couple stranglers so feel free to PM me with a potential order + shipping address + email and we'll try and fulfill it
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Curtis Chen
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: ** SOLD OUT*** ** SALT VINE WINES - Mike Smith led wines - 2018 debut and library offers + more **

#48 Post by Curtis Chen »

Beast!!!

Chuck J o r d a n
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: ** SOLD OUT*** ** SALT VINE WINES - Mike Smith led wines - 2018 debut and library offers + more **

#49 Post by Chuck J o r d a n »

the 2015 was my favorite wine of 2020. Looking forward to trying the 2016's and 2018's.

c fu
<dfn>Moderator</dfn>

#50 Post by c fu »

Hi all

Lots of messages re shipping status.

As noted in the post. These are shipping in March.
Ch@rlie F|_|
"Roulot is Roulot"©

ITB -Salt Vine Wines

Return to “BerserkerDay 12 (Jan 27, 2021) "The Black Friday of Wine Commerce" - Forbes”