BEAU RIVAGE WINES - 6PK VERTICAL

Warm up your credit cards and come on in, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers - open to EVERYONE who loves wine. Apologize to your spouse or significant other ahead of time. #BD12
Forum rules
Forum rules
Not 'Rules', necessarily, but here's how BerserkerDay goes:

I'll be launching offers in groups of 8-10, in increments of 30 minutes. Sponsors will stay pegged at the top of the forum all day, each new group of offers will come in at the top with them for their launch grouping, cycling into the 'normal' thread after their launch time has passed, with a new launch group posted atop the thread thereafter. Discussion is encouraged, as posting replies moves the thread up to the top of the grouping, whether that is during launch time group or the 'regular' forum.

Keep checking in every 30 minutes for new offers being posted, and keep scrolling down to see everything that has been launched throughout the timeframe in which you've been on the forum, which hopefully is ALL DAY
Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

Re: BEAU RIVAGE WINES - 6PK VERTICAL

#151 Post by Dave McIsaac »

William Kelley wrote: February 17th, 2021, 4:08 pm So far, the stats are, out of 146 shipments, 131 have been delivered, of which, 8 have issues. So, given the extreme conditions, I would say we fared pretty well.
That is good to hear, William [cheers.gif]
You're the man Dave! I think i speak for all of us when i say that..😎 - John Cabot, BDXI

Kaushik B
GCC Member
GCC Member

#152 Post by Kaushik B »

I guess mine is one of those 15 shipments that are delayed. It was originally planned for Monday delivery and been getting pushed out every day since then for "severe weather conditions'. Considering the road conditions and the freezing weather in Plano, Tx for the past week, that makes total sense, but I am worried about the wines ...
B@nerjee K

Scott Jameson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#153 Post by Scott Jameson »

William Kelley wrote: February 17th, 2021, 4:08 pm So far, the stats are, out of 146 shipments, 131 have been delivered, of which, 8 have issues. So, given the extreme conditions, I would say we fared pretty well.
Can you see any more details about a shipment than we can ? I got an "exception" email Monday morning. Since then, tracking the shipment on the UPS site just says "Weather may cause delay" and "Check back tomorrow for an updated delivery date." Not very useful ...

DonnaM
GCC Member
GCC Member

#154 Post by DonnaM »

We had 2 completely popped corks - a 2018 and a 2019. We drank most of the 2018 on Tuesday (the day they arrived), finished it last night, and mighty tasty it was too! The 2019 is in the refrigerator, waiting its turn.
M u r 6 @ c h

Frank Ingriselli

#155 Post by Frank Ingriselli »

Scott Jameson wrote: February 18th, 2021, 4:27 am
Can you see any more details about a shipment than we can ? I got an "exception" email Monday morning. Since then, tracking the shipment on the UPS site just says "Weather may cause delay" and "Check back tomorrow for an updated delivery date." Not very useful ...
Hi Scott, Unfortunately we have the same view in UPS as you do into where the wine is/when it will be delivered. I am watching all the shipments with a close eye and will reach out to you as soon as your order delivers. Thank you for your patience!
Frank Ingriselli

William Kelley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#156 Post by William Kelley »

DonnaM wrote: February 18th, 2021, 7:28 am We had 2 completely popped corks - a 2018 and a 2019. We drank most of the 2018 on Tuesday (the day they arrived), finished it last night, and mighty tasty it was too! The 2019 is in the refrigerator, waiting its turn.
Interesting that the vintages under DIAM seem to be more prone to their corks popping!

Glad the 2018 showed well. I think it's the dark horse of the three vintages.
The Wine Advocate

William Kelley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#157 Post by William Kelley »

Kaushik B wrote: February 17th, 2021, 7:30 pm I guess mine is one of those 15 shipments that are delayed. It was originally planned for Monday delivery and been getting pushed out every day since then for "severe weather conditions'. Considering the road conditions and the freezing weather in Plano, Tx for the past week, that makes total sense, but I am worried about the wines ...
Bottles I've left on my porch here in San Antonio in the interests of science haven't frozen the last two nights (even totally uncovered, out of boxes). So fingers crossed. Most importantly, stay safe!
The Wine Advocate

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member

#158 Post by Tom G l a s g o w »

I liked the 2019 just fine over two hours. Next one will probably get a couple hour decant first. Opened this first because I’ll be able to reload easier.

Brian G r a f s t r o m
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#159 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m »

Dang ... I'd be pretty unhappy with my shipping company right about now if I were Frank and William --- sorry you guys got burned like this.

I only saw one person mention it, but it bears mentioning again: tartrate crystals. I avoid storing white wines (all wines, really, but I'd never consider it with a red) in my refrigerator for an extended period of time because it will cause tartaric acid to precipitate out of the solution (wine), which will have the effect of lowering the acidity in the wine. As an acid-freak, this is a situation I seek to avoid.
“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT: grafstrb

Michael O'Brien
GCC Member
GCC Member

#160 Post by Michael O'Brien »

Kaushik B wrote: February 17th, 2021, 7:30 pm I guess mine is one of those 15 shipments that are delayed. It was originally planned for Monday delivery and been getting pushed out every day since then for "severe weather conditions'. Considering the road conditions and the freezing weather in Plano, Tx for the past week, that makes total sense, but I am worried about the wines ...
I too live in Plano. My wine arrived on Friday (19th). It was extremely cold but bottles were intact. I set it out at room temperature overnight and opened a bottle on Saturday evening. I typically would let wine rest a while before opening but I wanted to know the condition. The wine was is fine condition. Aromas and flavors were there. The remainder is resting in my wine cabinet. No harm done.
PlanoWino

J.Vizuete
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#161 Post by J.Vizuete »

Same. My shipment arrived to San Antonio today in perfect condition, no tartrates, raised corks or seepage. And that was being diverted daily the entire week through weather down to 7*F. Haven't tried one out and I'm not in a hurry to based on how my last 2017 showed....
John
CT: jviz

Kaushik B
GCC Member
GCC Member

#162 Post by Kaushik B »

Thank you for William and Michael. My bottles arrived last Monday. They do look fine; although, I havent tried one yet <fingers crossed>.

On a different note, cool to find someone else from in Plano in Wineberserkers!
B@nerjee K

Michael O'Brien
GCC Member
GCC Member

#163 Post by Michael O'Brien »

Kaushik B wrote: February 24th, 2021, 9:49 pm Thank you for William and Michael. My bottles arrived last Monday. They do look fine; although, I havent tried one yet <fingers crossed>.

On a different note, cool to find someone else from in Plano in Wineberserkers!
There are several of us in and around Plano. When we get back to more normal times, we have a regular tasting group that typically meets once a month. I will send you a PM and you can send me your email address if you are interested.
PlanoWino

Kaushik B
GCC Member
GCC Member

#164 Post by Kaushik B »

Michael O'Brien wrote: February 25th, 2021, 9:28 am
Kaushik B wrote: February 24th, 2021, 9:49 pm
There are several of us in and around Plano. When we get back to more normal times, we have a regular tasting group that typically meets once a month. I will send you a PM and you can send me your email address if you are interested.
I would love join! Just sent you an email ...Thanks!
B@nerjee K

loren.grossman
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#165 Post by loren.grossman »

Mine arrived with no issues at all. Looking forward to trying one soon!

Return to “BerserkerDay 12 (Jan 27, 2021) "The Black Friday of Wine Commerce" - Forbes”