BEAU RIVAGE WINES - 6PK VERTICAL

Warm up your credit cards and come on in, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers - open to EVERYONE who loves wine. Apologize to your spouse or significant other ahead of time. #BD12
Forum rules
Forum rules
Not 'Rules', necessarily, but here's how BerserkerDay goes:

I'll be launching offers in groups of 8-10, in increments of 30 minutes. Sponsors will stay pegged at the top of the forum all day, each new group of offers will come in at the top with them for their launch grouping, cycling into the 'normal' thread after their launch time has passed, with a new launch group posted atop the thread thereafter. Discussion is encouraged, as posting replies moves the thread up to the top of the grouping, whether that is during launch time group or the 'regular' forum.

Keep checking in every 30 minutes for new offers being posted, and keep scrolling down to see everything that has been launched throughout the timeframe in which you've been on the forum, which hopefully is ALL DAY
Frank Ingriselli

Re: BEAU RIVAGE WINES - 6PK VERTICAL

#101 Post by Frank Ingriselli »

Sorry everyone I realize now I should have clarified that we had requested the wine not to ship to the cold states but unfortunately that was not done by our shipping company. I left that out yesterday evening so as not to seem that we were trying to shift the blame. Ultimately it is our responsibility if there are any issues and I hope my first post helps convey that. Thank you again for all your orders
Frank Ingriselli

Michael O'Brien
GCC Member
GCC Member

#102 Post by Michael O'Brien »

It happens. Mine are scheduled for delivery Monday when the high is forecasted to be 14 degrees and the low 1 degree. That follows Sunday forecast high of 24 and low of 8. Might have Chenin Blanc popsicles.
PlanoWino

Robert Ferguson
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#103 Post by Robert Ferguson »

I watched a TV segment years ago on challenging jobs. One was working in a rail yard when the temps are well below zero. The crew's job was to constantly connect different strings of rail cars to a locomotive and move them around. The movement would keep the content in the tankers from freezing.

So as long as the train keeps moving, we're good.

Luca Giupponi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#104 Post by Luca Giupponi »

Frank Ingriselli wrote: February 11th, 2021, 8:16 am Sorry everyone I realize now I should have clarified that we had requested the wine not to ship to the cold states but unfortunately that was not done by our shipping company. I left that out yesterday evening so as not to seem that we were trying to shift the blame. Ultimately it is our responsibility if there are any issues and I hope my first post helps convey that. Thank you again for all your orders
Frank, I sure hope they'll reimburse you for the damage?

William Kelley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#105 Post by William Kelley »

Luca Giupponi wrote: February 11th, 2021, 11:23 am
Frank Ingriselli wrote: February 11th, 2021, 8:16 am Sorry everyone I realize now I should have clarified that we had requested the wine not to ship to the cold states but unfortunately that was not done by our shipping company. I left that out yesterday evening so as not to seem that we were trying to shift the blame. Ultimately it is our responsibility if there are any issues and I hope my first post helps convey that. Thank you again for all your orders
Frank, I sure hope they'll reimburse you for the damage?
Let's hope there isn't any! But that's our problem, not yours, and I'm sure we'll be able to figure something out.
The Wine Advocate

Stephen Faulkner
GCC Member
GCC Member

#106 Post by Stephen Faulkner »

William, Frank - I really appreciate the effort you both have made reaching out to us on this issue. Speaks volumes and makes it easy to be your customer going forward.

A. So
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#107 Post by A. So »

Just received my bottles (literally a minute ago). I admit I was a little surprised at the time of shipping (great time to buy mail-order meat, perhaps), but the bottles look to be in fine shape. Hope to open a vertical of them in the next few weeks.
エaイdドrリiアaンn (93 pts.)

Frank Ingriselli

#108 Post by Frank Ingriselli »

A. So wrote: February 12th, 2021, 8:48 am Just received my bottles (literally a minute ago). I admit I was a little surprised at the time of shipping (great time to buy mail-order meat, perhaps), but the bottles look to be in fine shape. Hope to open a vertical of them in the next few weeks.
Glad to hear it! Looking forward to hearing what you think of the lineup
Frank Ingriselli

Luca Giupponi
GCC Member
GCC Member

#109 Post by Luca Giupponi »

Just got mine too! Everything looks just fine. It ended up being a relatively fast shipment (less than 3 days to Michigan) and it beat the extreme temps we are expecting this weekend. Curious to see what will happen to those who are expecting their shipments on Monday or Tuesday.

Paul Miller
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#110 Post by Paul Miller »

Luca Giupponi wrote: February 12th, 2021, 10:05 am Just got mine too! Everything looks just fine. It ended up being a relatively fast shipment (less than 3 days to Michigan) and it beat the extreme temps we are expecting this weekend. Curious to see what will happen to those who are expecting their shipments on Monday or Tuesday.
Booo. Mine still says Monday for Chicago. How did Michigan get moved west of Illinois? neener

Frank Z
GCC Member
GCC Member

#111 Post by Frank Z »

Received my bottles this morning, and couldn't help myself so I popped open a bottle of the 2017 over lunch. Really enjoyed the clean, crisp mineral notes of saline and limestone chalk. Flavors of white peach and blossom, with a really nice balanced acidity. Really glad I got in on this offer. [thankyou.gif]
Frank Zhang

Greg Gardner
GCC Member
GCC Member

#112 Post by Greg Gardner »

Got mine in Seattle yesterday. Eyeing a 2017 for tonight or tomorrow...

MaxSemler39
GCC Member
GCC Member

#113 Post by MaxSemler39 »

Thanks for the heads up! Is it possible to get a tracking number for the shipments? Unfortunately I'm away from my place for the next 2+ weeks and it's single-digit temperatures back home... hoping I can get a Good Samaritan to grab them upon arrival.

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

#114 Post by Dave McIsaac »

MaxSemler39 wrote: February 12th, 2021, 5:05 pm Thanks for the heads up! Is it possible to get a tracking number for the shipments? Unfortunately I'm away from my place for the next 2+ weeks and it's single-digit temperatures back home... hoping I can get a Good Samaritan to grab them upon arrival.
If yours shipped, you should have received tracking info via email. Mine was from UPS.
You're the man Dave! I think i speak for all of us when i say that..😎 - John Cabot, BDXI

William Kelley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#115 Post by William Kelley »

Frank Z wrote: February 12th, 2021, 2:37 pm Received my bottles this morning, and couldn't help myself so I popped open a bottle of the 2017 over lunch. Really enjoyed the clean, crisp mineral notes of saline and limestone chalk. Flavors of white peach and blossom, with a really nice balanced acidity. Really glad I got in on this offer. [thankyou.gif]
Excellent! champagne.gif
The Wine Advocate

Abbie S.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#116 Post by Abbie S. »

Paul Miller wrote: February 12th, 2021, 10:21 am
Luca Giupponi wrote: February 12th, 2021, 10:05 am Just got mine too! Everything looks just fine. It ended up being a relatively fast shipment (less than 3 days to Michigan) and it beat the extreme temps we are expecting this weekend. Curious to see what will happen to those who are expecting their shipments on Monday or Tuesday.
Booo. Mine still says Monday for Chicago. How did Michigan get moved west of Illinois?
My delivery got delayed due to winter weather and is sitting in IL. Now ETA is Tuesday. Yikes.
IG abbieroads

salovon

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

#117 Post by Dave McIsaac »

Abbie S. wrote: February 13th, 2021, 8:47 am
Booo. Mine still says Monday for Chicago. How did Michigan get moved west of Illinois?
My delivery got delayed due to winter weather and is sitting in IL. Now ETA is Tuesday. Yikes.
+1
You're the man Dave! I think i speak for all of us when i say that..😎 - John Cabot, BDXI

Paul Miller
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#118 Post by Paul Miller »

Abbie S. wrote: February 13th, 2021, 8:47 am
Mine still says Monday, but is still in transit.

Joshua Kates
GCC Member
GCC Member

#119 Post by Joshua Kates »

Waiting for mine, tomorrow, Tues 2/16. Supposed to be 8" of snow and 15 degrees.
Neils Bohr had a horseshoe over the door to his country house. A visiting student said to him: "you don't believe in that, do you?" Bohr replied, "of course not," and added, "but you don't have to believe in it for it to work."

Dan Kozarsky
GCC Member
GCC Member

#120 Post by Dan Kozarsky »

Mine is scheduled for delivery Wed. 2/17 (to MA). Concerned.

William Kelley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#121 Post by William Kelley »

Joshua Kates wrote: February 15th, 2021, 6:56 am Waiting for mine, tomorrow, Tues 2/16. Supposed to be 8" of snow and 15 degrees.
I actually did an experiment last night: left three bottles outside in styrofoam and cardboard, and three bottles totally uncovered, overnight. Hit a low of 7F and was 11F at midnight, so pretty cold (for Texas, anyway). Obviously the uncovered bottles froze, but the bottles in the styrofoam didn't and the wine temperature was 30F when I checked at 8am, in 4" of snow. So, horrible though it may be, styrofoam appears to be really quite effective! But let us know how your bottles fare!
The Wine Advocate

Joshua Kates
GCC Member
GCC Member

#122 Post by Joshua Kates »

William Kelley wrote: February 15th, 2021, 8:36 am
Joshua Kates wrote: February 15th, 2021, 6:56 am Waiting for mine, tomorrow, Tues 2/16. Supposed to be 8" of snow and 15 degrees.
I actually did an experiment last night: left three bottles outside in styrofoam and cardboard, and three bottles totally uncovered, overnight. Hit a low of 7F and was 11F at midnight, so pretty cold (for Texas, anyway). Obviously the uncovered bottles froze, but the bottles in the styrofoam didn't and the wine temperature was 30F when I checked at 8am, in 4" of snow. So, horrible though it may be, styrofoam appears to be really quite effective! But let us know how your bottles fare!
Will do, William,
Thanks--and good to see the experimental spirit lives on among you Brits (who more or less established it)!
Neils Bohr had a horseshoe over the door to his country house. A visiting student said to him: "you don't believe in that, do you?" Bohr replied, "of course not," and added, "but you don't have to believe in it for it to work."

Paul Miller
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#123 Post by Paul Miller »

Mine are now out for delivery. Supposed to hit 13 today, and it has started to snow again. I feel bad for the poor UPS driver today.

Michael O'Brien
GCC Member
GCC Member

#124 Post by Michael O'Brien »

It is 11 degrees here at my home in Plano, TX. I doubt that any delivery trucks are going to be delivering anything until tomorrow or probably Wednesday. The roads are not safe. There is ice underneath the snow. I am expecting Chenin Blanc popsicles.
PlanoWino

Paul Miller
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#125 Post by Paul Miller »

Paul Miller wrote: February 15th, 2021, 10:01 am Mine are now out for delivery. Supposed to hit 13 today, and it has started to snow again. I feel bad for the poor UPS driver today.
My wine arrived. Packed in styrofoam (that had NOT disintegrated [stirthepothal.gif] ). Was surprisingly NOT cold. Everything looks fine and in good shape - not frozen, no corks popped.

[Edit:] Already got an email from Frank. He must be tracking the shipments. His email was to ensure and check that everything arrived safely. Much appreciated.

Anthony C
GCC Member
GCC Member

#126 Post by Anthony C »

Half my order arrived today as well (Virginia). Bottles were fridge cold, not frozen cold. Box and styro in great shape and no sign of bulged corks.

Gonna impatiently open one tonight to check on it and will report back.

Oh, and the winery contacted me as the box arrived to check on it, so they are tracking all this.
C u r t a s

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food." -- W. C. Fields

Anthony C
GCC Member
GCC Member

#127 Post by Anthony C »

Okay, I'm really impatient. Just popped a 2017. It was very acidic and little fruit on open, but it was at around 45F. Let it warm up in the glass and the aromatics and fruit came out. Classic chenin profile. No sign of tartarate crystals and the cork was right where it should have been.

So I'm pretty confident my lot is fine but we are only flirting with freezing temps here. Best of luck to the rest of you with your orders.
C u r t a s

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food." -- W. C. Fields

Paul Miller
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#128 Post by Paul Miller »

Anthony C wrote: February 15th, 2021, 11:56 am Okay, I'm really impatient. Just popped a 2017. It was very acidic and little fruit on open, but it was at around 45F. Let it warm up in the glass and the aromatics and fruit came out. Classic chenin profile. No sign of tartarate crystals and the cork was right where it should have been.

So I'm pretty confident my lot is fine but we are only flirting with freezing temps here. Best of luck to the rest of you with your orders.
Daydrinker! champagne.gif

S teve R edenbaugh
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#129 Post by S teve R edenbaugh »

IMG_0412.jpeg
My Beau Rivage was just delivered in Chicago....along with another 4 to 8 inches.

William Kelley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#130 Post by William Kelley »

Anthony C wrote: February 15th, 2021, 11:56 am Okay, I'm really impatient. Just popped a 2017. It was very acidic and little fruit on open, but it was at around 45F. Let it warm up in the glass and the aromatics and fruit came out. Classic chenin profile. No sign of tartarate crystals and the cork was right where it should have been.

Glad it seems to have made it intact!
The Wine Advocate

Mich@el Ch@ng
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#131 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng »

Mine looked fine; they got to ups over the wknd and I picked up from the cc this AM

Jen M a s o n
GCC Member
GCC Member

#132 Post by Jen M a s o n »

Mine are due to arrive tomorrow. I’m not so worried about it living in Atlanta and I don’t worry so much about cold enroute. Heat is the real enemy!!

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member

#133 Post by Tom G l a s g o w »

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote: February 15th, 2021, 1:25 pm Mine looked fine; they got to ups over the wknd and I picked up from the cc this AM
Mine were delivered Saturday cold, but no tartrates or cork issues. Also got an email from Frank.

S teve R edenbaugh
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#134 Post by S teve R edenbaugh »

Even with all the snow and windchills below freezing, UPS did a great job. Bottles weren't even cold. And Frank's email was icing on the cake...customer service over and above expectations. Thanks William and Frank.

Stephen Faulkner
GCC Member
GCC Member

#135 Post by Stephen Faulkner »

Unfortunately, I was not as lucky as Steve. Just arrived, ice cold, with one cork popped, others apparently bulging to different degrees, others with no obvious outside signs. William, Frank - what is the protocol here? Replace all? Only ones that are obvious? Only ones that are obvious and suspect? Thank you.
Beau Rivage.cold damage2.JPG
Beau Rivage.cold damage1.JPG

Abbie S.
GCC Member
GCC Member

#136 Post by Abbie S. »

Mine just arrived, and there's frost on the bottles. Not sure how this will affect the wine.
IG abbieroads

salovon

William Kelley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#137 Post by William Kelley »

Stephen Faulkner wrote: February 16th, 2021, 8:34 am Unfortunately, I was not as lucky as Steve. Just arrived, ice cold, with one cork popped, others apparently bulging to different degrees, others with no obvious outside signs. William, Frank - what is the protocol here? Replace all? Only ones that are obvious? Only ones that are obvious and suspect? Thank you.
Personally, if it were wine I'd purchased, I'd keep everything that hasn't pushed its cork at all, expecting it to be just fine. But, it's your wine, that you purchased, and we want to make you happy, so it's really up to you.
The Wine Advocate

DonnaM
GCC Member
GCC Member

#138 Post by DonnaM »

I got mine today too, had 2 frozen bottles with completely popped corks and one slushy bottle with only a little bulge. And we’re in Georgia! It’s been cold here today, though, barely above freezing all day. Frank had emailed me as soon as he saw that the delivery was here, so I’ve responded and let him know already.

Edited to add: cold *for us*! Having lived in the upper Midwest and the northeast I realize that all y’all are going to be scoffing at my characterization of “cold,” which in some climes would be counted as a mild spring day.
M u r 6 @ c h

Jud Reis
GCC Member
GCC Member

#139 Post by Jud Reis »

Ironic that mine arrived in Mass. and were just fine, then again we were warmer than Houston today!

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

#140 Post by Dave McIsaac »

I got mine yesterday. Bottles were ice cold, but no pushed corks or tartrates.

Ken Strauss
GCC Member
GCC Member

#141 Post by Ken Strauss »

My bottles arrived safe and sound with no problems. The bottles were cool on touch.
Thanks
"Explaining is not supporting."

"Independence is a state of mind"

Joshua Kates
GCC Member
GCC Member

#142 Post by Joshua Kates »

William Kelley wrote: February 15th, 2021, 8:36 am
Hi,
I just received mine. They must have been sitting in warehouse or truck for a couple of days. In any case, three corks are totally out; the other three quite frosty but flat. It's my busy day, I can send a picture later if you wish. I guess my preference would be to just get a new six, if they are available and on offer?

Thanks,
Josh

BenCo
GCC Member
GCC Member

#143 Post by BenCo »

Received my shipment in Cleveland. 4 corks popped and ice floating in the other 2. If possible to get a new shipment I would appreciate it, but understand if all that is possible is a refund
beau rivage shipment.jpg
Ben Cohen

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

#144 Post by Dave McIsaac »

Sorry guys.....that is a bummer

Dan Kozarsky
GCC Member
GCC Member

#145 Post by Dan Kozarsky »

Mine were delivered today (in Mass.) and look fine. The wines were very cold but liquid, and no corks raised enough to disturb the capsule. Maybe crossing the middle of the country they were deep enough in the middle of the truck to avoid freezing?

brigcampbell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#146 Post by brigcampbell »

BenCo wrote: February 17th, 2021, 12:42 pm Received my shipment in Cleveland. 4 corks popped and ice floating in the other 2. If possible to get a new shipment I would appreciate it, but understand if all that is possible is a refund
beau rivage shipment.jpg

If the corks didn't pop all the way out then it'll be okay. freezing the wine won't hurt it. Might precipitate some tartaric crystals if they didn't cold stabilize the wine but those are flavorless anyways.

Don't dump them, I guess is the story.

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

#147 Post by Dave McIsaac »

brigcampbell wrote: February 17th, 2021, 2:22 pm
BenCo wrote: February 17th, 2021, 12:42 pm Received my shipment in Cleveland. 4 corks popped and ice floating in the other 2. If possible to get a new shipment I would appreciate it, but understand if all that is possible is a refund
beau rivage shipment.jpg

If the corks didn't pop all the way out then it'll be okay. freezing the wine won't hurt it. Might precipitate some tartaric crystals if they didn't cold stabilize the wine but those are flavorless anyways.

Brig,

Are you saying if the corks are halfway out, the wine is ok?

I would respectfully disagree........

brigcampbell
GCC Member
GCC Member

#148 Post by brigcampbell »

Dave McIsaac wrote: February 17th, 2021, 3:01 pm
beau rivage shipment.jpg

Brig,

I'm not saying that they shouldn't be replaced.

Just saying the wine isn't damaged and they'll drink perfectly fine right now. Don't pour them down the drain.

Long term storage? don't know.

William Kelley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#149 Post by William Kelley »

brigcampbell wrote: February 17th, 2021, 3:07 pm
Dave McIsaac wrote: February 17th, 2021, 3:01 pm

Brig,

I'm not saying that they shouldn't be replaced.

Just saying the wine isn't damaged and they'll drink perfectly fine right now. Don't pour them down the drain.

Long term storage? don't know.
Yes, please at least drink them! They'll be fine in the refrigerator for weeks. We'll replace anyway.
The Wine Advocate

William Kelley
GCC Member
GCC Member

#150 Post by William Kelley »

So far, the stats are, out of 146 shipments, 131 have been delivered, of which, 8 have issues. So, given the extreme conditions, I would say we fared pretty well.
The Wine Advocate

Return to “BerserkerDay 12 (Jan 27, 2021) "The Black Friday of Wine Commerce" - Forbes”