**EXTENDED** VIRAGE NAPA VALLEY - Cool Climate Right Bank Reds

Hi Everyone! Welcome to a cooler corner of Napa Valley. Grateful to support BerserkerDayXII, I believe my tenth! Easy bundles at 21%-45% discounts.

About us: Virage–a turn in the road–exists to show the beauty of Bordeaux tradition adapted to the soils and climate of Napa Valley. We produce blends from cabernet franc and merlot grapes ripened slowly in cooler climate. In Napa Valley, one could go about this two ways: head up to higher altitude (delicious, and expensive to farm mountain fruit) or come closer to the marine influence of San Pablo Bay in the southwestern foothills of Napa Valley, aka Carneros.

Tne primary vineyard sits above Carneros Hwy, in the foothills of Mt. Veeder, on East-facing slope of volcanic Forward soils–just the right spot to enjoy cooling breezes flowing up from the bay, yet protected from colder Western winds that sweep across lower Carneros.

Our goal is a smooth, rich, engaging wine, aromatic and age-worthy, reminiscent of the great blends of Right Bank Bordeaux. The longer, gentler ripening season in more temperate climate allows the full depth of varietal character to shine, layering earthy, mineral character we crave. The absence of extreme summer heat retains natural acidity in that optimally-ripened fruit, adding freshness and vibrancy to the wines. And if all goes well, abv’s that don’t hit you upside the head.

Here is a nice thread from fellow wineberserkers discussing the 2012 Virage and below is a tasting note from David

• 2012 Virage Vineyards - USA, California, Napa Valley (12/3/2020)
    How did I not know about these wines before now? What a lovely combination of classic stature and Napa fruit. Deep red berry and black currant, warm, brown spice and a measured tannic underpinning (it really felt like a foundation, rather than something that was reaching up to bite me) makes for a (too) easily drinkable wine. I kept sipping and sipping, and suddenly it was gone. Whoops!

BDXII OFFERS: → Shop Here Virage Napa Valley or One-Click Ordering below

→ Use COUPON CODE BD12 at Checkout for the BerserkerDay deal [cheers.gif]

Virage Library Vertical 3pak $191 Retail, 21% discount, your price $150.89
One each Virage 2010, 2011, 2012 --find your favorite BD3PKV

The 2010 opens shyly, then fleshes out to a big wine, bright on the finish, making you want more. I’m loving the dense, heavy silk texture and balance in 2011–and its 13.8% abv, and this 2012 is a little black dress, sleek and dark with one long finish. More tasting notes on the website.

Three Burros $42 each retail, 21% discount, your price $99.54 BD3BQ
In vintages when I have enough wine after blending the Virage, I produce this Bourriquot blend if it works. And it did in 2008, 2010, and this 2012 is tasty. Unfiltered, deep dark and sultry. The 2012 Cab Franc grew high up on Atlas Peak, a north-facing vineyard looking out over Stagecoach. In years before, we’d pull 1-3 tons off this block half of which would go to Rose’. But this year, nine tons, it just kept coming. All of Napa Valley was bursting at the seams, I scrambled to find a place to crush. Fermented in a fancy tank with the built-in punchdown feet, but following the same daily guide of tasting. A BOURRIQUOT is a stubborn burro. Well, wines tend to resemble their maker. Hard to say, but easy to drink: Bo-ree-ko.

Rose’ 3pak $27 each retail, last 9 cases closing out at 45% off your price $44.55 BD3RS
Am I nuts offering a 2016 Rose’ in 2021? Everyone is loving it… and this makes a solid Winter and Spring rose’. Produced in the Southern French style, all stainless fermented, but not a subtle ethereal rose’ - more fruit-forward, a crisp edge, bone dry. 13.4% abv. Think blood orange, good bitters. Like a Negroni in a bottle. Add soda and a twist of lemon, it might pass for an Aperol Spritzer. Grab some olives & prosciutto.

Favorite Red 6Pak $335 Retail At 25% discount, your price $251.25 BD6PKR
A perfect mix of the Virage and Bourriquot. (2) each of 2010, (1) each of 2011 and 2012, and (2) Bourriquot. This bundle was such a huge hit last year and they’re all still available and tasting even better.

Because I love carrying 38lb boxes to stay in shape, the killer deal:
Cellar Stocker Case for the Virage lovers. $699 Retail, a great case for $466 BD12PAK
Six of 2012 vintage, both Virage and Bourriquot, and three of the lovely aged 2010 and 2011 Virage. This is wholesale price, savings of $233 at 33.333% discount.

Or make your own bundle, and use coupon code BD12 for 21% discount on reds and 45% on Rose’ (min 3 bottles)

SHIPPING: I ship by FedEx, I don’t up-charge their rates which will calculate live as you check out, nor do I charge for the shipping cartons or packing them. Your shipping cost is MY FedEx cost (includes my Wine Institute discount). Please please please ship to a business location if you can or hold at the local FedEx onsite. I know we’re all working at home, but I hate to see wines miss you and spend the afternoon on that local delivery truck. FAIR WARNING: I’m gonna TWIST YOUR ARM to ship HAL (Hold at Location) at your LOCAL FEDEX SITE (often Walgreens, Dollar General, etc). We save money and shipping time (and bunch of emails) if the shipment is set to HAL from the outset vs a re-direct by recipient. Please note in the order your preferred hold site if you have one.

To alleviate price stress, I’m adding a $36 flat rate shipping option, so your cost will not exceed $3/bottle on a full case.

EXCEPT FOR NH, UT, KY, if I can’t ship there, I have partners and friends in the valley. We will make it happen. For impossible states, do you have a business or friend in a neighboring state, or consider opening an account with a local CA wine storage biz that will take delivery for you, then organize for you to ship to yourself…

I’ll be glued to the screen all day, please ask any questions in the comments here! Or PM me. And HAVE FUN. I will!! [thankyou.gif]

Emily

In for 2 of the library verticals.

1 Like

If you have concerns about an aged rose, well, in this case, you have nothing to worry about. This one is a beauty, and I bought 4 cases of it last year, as well as a couple of cases in the years before. IMO, it keeps getting better.

Buy with confidence!!! [cheers.gif]

1 Like

In for some rosé, check in the mail soon!

1 Like

In for a library vertical. Went back for a 2nd.

1 Like

If you don’t know the story, Emily lost her home in the Napa fires this past year.

And here she is participating in BD12. [berserker.gif]

Buy without fear, great wines across the board and a better human being.

1 Like

Brig, you’re too kind, I tried not to explode in self pity here, like I did in 2017 when the tree fell on my house (that I had just finally restored before it burned). Thanks for all you do my friend. If you have a minute this morning, help me put a link to the recent nice Berserker TN’s on my 2012 Virage?

Done, I stuck this up in the offer for you. There’s some strong palates in that thread recommending your wine. You know I love your stuff, I feel like a discovered you at Falltacular! [worship.gif]

Here a nice thread from fellow wineberserkers discussing the 2012 Virage and below is a tasting note from David

• 2012 Virage Vineyards - USA, California, Napa Valley (12/3/2020)
    How did I not know about these wines before now? What a lovely combination of classic stature and Napa fruit. Deep red berry and black currant, warm, brown spice and a measured tannic underpinning (it really felt like a foundation, rather than something that was reaching up to bite me) makes for a (too) easily drinkable wine. I kept sipping and sipping, and suddenly it was gone. Whoops!
1 Like

Just got my order in!

Order in. Thanks Emily.

1 Like

Order in. Love that rose!

1 Like

It wouldn’t be a Berserker Day without ordering from Emily.

1 Like

Order in for rose 6 pack!

1 Like

In for a case of the Reds-couldn’t resist!

1 Like

In for a case of the rose. Thanks Emily!

1 Like

Thanks for this awesome-looking offer Emily. Never tried your wines before but they sound like exactly my kind of thing. I work in St Helena so I tried to select “Delivery to 55 Degrees” as the shipping option (is that currently an option?) but when I did the coupon codes disappeared and after that it said coupon code BD12 wasn’t valid. Any ideas?

1 Like

Hey Ben, I had to tweak the coupon code for the 12pak, should be working as of about half hour ago. What are you trying to order? Lemme help, sorry for the wrinkle… Delivery to 55 Degrees is fine, or your place, I’m in San Francisco now (my St. Helena place burned) but I’m up there about once a week.

Awwww. You rock. Thank you so much.

I wasn’t going to buy any wine this year. Yep, the whole year! Still have too much wine in the cellar.
But I’ve got a case from Veleta and now a case from Virage coming.
Can’t wait for these great sounding wines to arrive!

I’m so sorry to hear about your place - what a horrifying Fall it was. I work over at ETS but live in Santa Rosa - is the pickup at 55 Degrees available to anyone for pickup or is it only for people who have holdings/membership there?

I was planning to pick up one each of the 2010, 2011, and 2012, plus one bottle of the rose. The code just started working so I think we’re all set, just need to figure out delivery :slight_smile: