Silas Wines **Berserker Day Deals** - Please Stay Seated

Willamette Valley Pinots * Southern Oregon Malbec Blends * Dry, Aromatic Whites and Rosés * Fun, Funky Bubbles
Hello again Berserkers! Greetings from Amity, Oregon. We are excited to be back for another Berserker Day, the day with deals so good it takes a full year for our dopamine levels to regulate. True to form, we’ve put together some deals that I strongly suggest you consider while sitting down, in a safe space, and wearing your Amazing Wine Deal Anti-Drool Bib. Because of the interest and support from Berserkers, we are very happy to offer deals that I can honestly say nobody else gets from Silas. Not friends, not Family, not Nobody. So Thank You all for the support and interest-we love hearing from you, and I am usually available in Amity, at the tasting room or the winery, if you find yourself wandering up and down Rt. 99.

General Details:

First off, to order wine: Shop Silas Wines. All Berserker Deals are up on our website-and will disappear at the end of Berserker Day.

Shipping: I ship to the following states through the website:
AK AZ CO DC FL GA HI IA ID IL IN KS LA MA MD ME MN MO NC
ND NE NH NM NV NY OH OK OR PA SC TN TX VA VT WA WI WV WY
CA Berserkers: I ship to you! NJ Berserkers: I ship to you! Post in the forum, PM me, or email me alex@silaswines.com.
Don’t see your state? No problem, I can almost certainly get you wine! Post in the forum, PM me, or email me alex@silaswines.com. We will sort it out.

FLAT RATE SHIPPING Just $15/box in the contiguous 48. Buying a 3-Pack? Buying a case? If it fits into a box, it costs $15. Combine deals and you save more on shipping. Wine Ships UPS Ground, once the weather looks good. AK and HI ship Next Day Air. NOTE: No need for a code for any of the Berserker Offers-the $15 Shipping is already built in and will show up at checkout.

THE DEALS

Silas Wines has some eye-watering offers for you this Berserker Day, STARTING at 30% off retail and flat-rate shipping, including some library wines, unreleased Pinots, and a SIX-YEAR PINOT VERTICAL (Supply limited as it contains some Library Wine)! The offers are below, and more information about Silas wines is at the bottom of the page. Sneaky Deal for those of you that read the fine print: I’ll give you Free Range on my site, so you can put together your own paks, should you want to delve deep. Use the code BDXII at checkout for 25% off and flat rate shipping on any bottles you want!

I have SIX ridiculous offers for you, Berserkers:

Offer #1
WARM VINTAGE Oregon Pinot – 3 bottles

• 2014 The Pearl Pinot Noir
  • 2015 Ladd’s Addition Pinot Noir
  • 2016 The Pearl Pinot Noir

Our Pinots show a mix of power and exceptional restraint during hot years, partly due to our higher elevation vineyards. Dark, jammy, and musky but with fresh purple and black fruit and spice.

Retail $128 vs. BDXII DEAL TODAY $89 (30% SAVINGS)! Order Here

Offer #2
COOL VINTAGE Oregon Pinot – 3 bottles

• 2011 Calliope Cuvée Pinot Noir
  • 2013 PDX Pinot Noir
  • 2013 The Pearl Pinot Noir

The cooler vintages in Oregon produce some of the classiest, feminine, most complex wines. Delicate yet structured, these wines are blossoming right now.

Retail $109 vs. BDXII DEAL TODAY $76 (30% SAVINGS) Yes, Please

Offer #3
ROSÉ, WHITE & BUBBLES! – 3 bottles

• 2014 Beckenridge Pinot Gris Extended Skin Contact Rosé
  • 2016 Enna Hay Pinot Blanc
  • 2019 Pet-Nat Viognier/Riesling

We take pride in creating a small batch of unique rosé every year, displaying structure and complexity like the reds, and meant to be aged. The Pinot Blanc is dry, aromatic, beeswax-y, and one of the best expressions of this grape (IMHO) around. The Brave Combo Pét-Nat is special: a blend of Sauvignon Blanc, skin contact Pinot Gris and Gamay (what?!) dry, 14% alcohol and a combination of the natural pét-nat process and the traditional champagne process. (Less Nat then Pet-Nat, less pain than Champagne) Secondary Fermentation Dosage of frozen juice from the press, disgorged, beautiful bubbles and very aromatic. Strong Grapefruit peel aromas. Last year’s was a huge hit, and I make a small batch every year for the Wine Club, Berserkers, and the tasting room.

Retail $79 vs. BDXII DEAL TODAY $55 (30% SAVINGS) For Sure-count me in

Offer #4
The Offer that Made Neo say “Whoa” – 6 bottles

• 2013 PDX Pinot Noir
  • 2014 Beckenridge Extended Skin Contact Pinot Gris Rosé
  • 2014 The Optimist 60%Gamay/40%Malbec
  • 2016 The Optimist 80%Malbec/20%Viognier co-ferment
  • 2017 LEGAL LIMIT VA Viognier
  • 2018 Pet-Nat Viognier/Riesling

The artistic black sheep of the Silas Family, where we delve into experimental blends, natural winemaking and limit-pushing bottlings. The Malbecs are inspired by French winemaking regions or techniques, the Gamay/Malbec (think rustic french table wine) and Malbec/Viognier (like Cahors meets The Rhone) are one of a kind, and old-world focused. Think you don’t like VA? Think again! This super aromatic 1.1g/L VA dry Viognier is barely legal, and it’s blowing minds out here. The Pet-Nat is the bomb (figuratively-it will NOT blow up in your face upon opening) (described above)

Retail $190 vs. Grab These Unique Bottles for $124 (35% SAVINGS) Ummm…sign me up. Now.

Offer #5
OMG I LOVE PINOT! SIX YEAR VERTICAL! – 6 bottles

• 2011 Calliope Cuvée Pinot Noir
  • 2012 Calliope Cuvée Pinot Noir
  • 2013 PDX Pinot Noir
  • 2014 The Pearl Pinot Noir
  • 2015 Ladd’s Addition Pinot Noir
  • 2016 The Pearl Pinot Noir

It’s a vertical, people! You better believe it! Opening up the library and the Silas Way back machine to some of our first vintages, and they are drinking really well right now! This includes a bottle of WONDER YEAR 2012, “That Cold Vintage that is just now ready” 2011, as well as the Wine Club Only 2016 The Pearl Pinot. The only reason I haven’t released this is I’m not sure If I want to drink it all myself.

Retail $237 vs. BDX DEAL TODAY $150 (37% SAVINGS-thats $25 a bottle for killer OR Pinot!) Oh Come ON-OF COURSE I need that

Offer #6
DRINK LIKE A WINEMAKER, SPEND LIKE A SORORITY GIRL – 12 bottles

OK, this is where it gets real. I think we all should be drinking more Pinot, and at these prices you can afford to have a bottle of powerful, elegant wine on your table no matter what day of the week it is. These are wines that I am day-to-day drinking (and day drinking) the most at the moment. A warm vintage (2015), a hot vintage (2014) and a cooler wet vintage (2013). And so, so different. I am happy to give Berserkers the opportunity to pick up a case of these wines at ridiculously low (i.e. don’t tell my business partner until after BDXII) cost. And shipping is still only $15

4 bottles - 2013 PDX Pinot Noir
4 bottles - 2014 The Pearl Pinot Noir
4 bottles - 2015 Ladd’s Addition Pinot Noir

Retail $448 vs. TAKE A CASE HOME TODAY FOR $240 (45+% SAVINGS WHAT?!?) Limited number of cases available, as this is distributor pricing! Yep-that’s $20/bottle of elegant Willamette Valley Pinot Noir. yes. Yes. YES!

Grand Cru Crü Members: Here is your special, today-only dealRaindrops on Roses, Whiskers on kittens, Brown paper packages tied up with String, Here’s a RIDICULOUS case of My Favorite Things, 2021 Edition.****SOLD OUT / OFFER EXPIREDInterested? Become a Grand Cru Crü and get access to early BD buying, and a few exclusive dealsGrand Cru Crü Members: End of Transmission**

And now, a little about Silas

We have been crafting wine in Oregon since 2009, making last year our 11th vintage. We grow Pinot Noir (own-rooted, dry-farmed Wadenswil-clone) on our unique 35-year old, 1000 ft. elevation vineyard, tucked into some classic Oregon second-growth forest (hence the name Silas, from the Latin “Silvanus,” meaning “from the woods”). Today we still farm our little vineyard, and have added grapes from a number of other sites and growers that we have discovered, tested and worked into the Silas fold over the last decade.

We pride ourselves in creating elegant Oregon Pinots that showcase the complexity and variety of each year, from brooding, musky, jammy hot years to complex and graceful cooler vintages. All our grapes are picked by hand, fermented in small lots, aged in French oak (roughly 30% new), and blended with an (infuriating, at times) attention to balance and finesse. Additionally, every year we put together a unique Oregon Malbec blend called The Optimist, where we bring varietals together that don’t usually find their way into the same bottle, inspired by French regional winemaking (think Malbec-Viognier…)

We make our wine at the beautiful Keeler Estate Vineyard winery, situated on a biodynamic vineyard in the Eola-Amity Hills AVA, right outside Amity. Our tasting room/wine bar/meat-curing studio, called The Bramble, is located in downtown Amity—we would love to have you come visit!

We have named our Pinots after three Portland neighborhoods (PDX, Ladd’s Addition, The Pearl) with unique character traits (PM me to talk more about my love of blending Pinot barrels). We age in bottle until the wine is ready to be released, which differs wine to wine. Our current release vintages are a mix of 2013s to 2015s.

Ok we are live-enjoy everyone!

In for the “Silas Wines Desert Island Case”. Alex is great to work with and responds quickly.

Thanks for the order Mark! Looking forward to getting that wine rolling out to you.

1 Like

I’ve got to “SPEND LIKE A SORORITY GIRL”.

Had this last year but I think it was a bit different which is great.

Ha yes-today is the day for everyone to release their inner Sorority Girl…at least when it comes to win spending vs value.

This year it is a little different-4 bottles each of 3 different wines, and none of them repeats from last year. Glad you liked them!

[cheers.gif]

Order in for a case of your Favorite Things GCC desert island special! First time trying your wines. Looking forward to it. Cheers.

Just came through on the ol’ wire-thanks Colin! I think you’ll like it, and for a first-time Silas drinker that is a really great snapshot of the wine I make. Cheers! champagne.gif

Ordered the PN vertical 6-pack. Looking forward to checking these out. Thanks Alex!

You got it Rodrigo! 6 VERY different years to chose from in that time span-you’ll like it!

In for a case of the desert island special and a case of the sorority girl. Really excited to try these!

In for #5 6-yr vertical, thanks!

1 Like

Thanks Andrew-excellent choices! Enough of one vintage in the Sorority Girl to see how these evolve, and the Desert Island/My Favorite Things is going to take you on a pretty wild journey. Will get that pointed in your direction soon!
champagne.gif

1 Like

Woohoo so excited. My third purchase of the day. Went in on a warm and cool offer!

Thanks Rick! You won’t be disappointed-that 6 year span produced some wildly different Pinot vintages here in the Willamette Valley. Can’t wait to hear your thoughts. Something for everyone (even if that everyone its just one pinot-loving person)

Alex
[cheers.gif]

Woohoo! Those two Offers go together so well, it’s like pairing a glass of Pinot in one hand with another glass of Pinot in your other hand!

Will get that sorted and work on the shipping!

Alex
[wow.gif]

Order in for Desert Island!

Here’s a pic of my wife and the Silas guys. I think we had just met but everyone had a glass of wine in hand already! Good times
AFB2E93C-B46D-431C-8585-7FE03497D924.jpeg

Hi Chris-Sounds great, and thanks for the support. You’re going to get a pretty wild case of wine-I’m looking forward to showing you what we do!

Alex

That was a great day–looks like a photo from some sort of Wine Caper film.

I must object, however, to Tony and I being in the same photo as Al. When taken on our own we don’t look nearly as bad.

See you tomorrow!