Riverain 2018 Tench Cabernet (CAB NOW SOLD OUT) and some very limited Library Syrah (Syrah sold out!)

A big thank you to Todd and the crew who make this happen. We have been at it several years now and have hosted many of you in Napa (cannot wait until that returns). Last year’s offer went so well we tried our best to mimic the format.

Riverain focuses on single vineyard wines from great sources. Oakville Tench Vineyard Cabernet, Cardiac Hill Syrah from Bennett Valley, Yountville Sauvignon Blanc from Gamble Family and Pinot Noir from Silver Eagle Vineyard in Occidental.

Our further thanks to Thomas Rivers Brown and his team as they are constantly pushing viticulture and attention to detail.

Our offer is for the yet unreleased flagship, 2018 Tench Vineyard Cabernet (three packs) and some very limited library Cardiac Hill Syrah (mixed six packs and a few mags). These are detailed below, but the essence is the Tench Cabernet is 21.5% off while the library Syrahs are 27% off. The additional enticement is all of the shipping is free!

The bummer this year is quantity. 2020 was brutal as we made no red wine and will have to stretch out our otherwise limited quantities over an extra year, leaving the amounts available here less than we would prefer.

The wines:

2018 Oakville Cabernet, Tench Vineyard: **SOLD OUT**With all of the craziness lately, it is nice to write my first note on our 2018 Tench Cabernet. 2018 was a mild, cool year, with heavy spring rains and a long cool stretch of weather right through harvest. No heat spikes, no fires and a balanced growing season. Can we get that every year? flirtysmile As the vines age, we seem to be getting that extra gear of depth and complexity. Extremely inky dark color, blackberry, graphite, cassis and hints of tar on the nose and in the glass. The cool season provided big velvety tannins and plenty of Eastern Oakville acid. The balance here is impeccable and reminds me a bit of our 2012, but this wine is much denser. Mostly Darnajou and Taransaud cooperage, this should age for many years. 3 packs.

2013 and 2014 Bennett Cardiac Hill Syrah -SOLD OUT 750S, JUST A FEW MAG SETS LEFT Last year we offered some small quantities of 2011 and 2012 Cardiac Hill Syrah and that went so well we thought we would dig deep and do the same this year with 2013 and 2014, two really excellent (albeit different) vintages. Please note the quantities are very limited. 6 packs (3 of the 2013 and 3 of the 2014). There is also just 12 two pack magnum sets (one each of the 2013 and 2014). SOLD OUT

The Syrah comes from single acre of North facing Estrella River Clone from Cardiac Hill (a site made great for me by several of Mike Officer’s Carlisle Syrahs from Cardiac Hill).

These two vintages are quite different. 2013 is the blackest, most backward Syrah we have ever made. It is still aging at a glacial pace. Yields were quite good that year, but that was due to a large quantity of very small clusters. Black fruits, tapenade, black pepper and big tannins, this was made in all older French oak, with 40% whole cluster. Like many 2013s, built to age. Hold for a few years or give it a good decant.

The 2014 Syrah is similar to the 2012, with blackberries, charcoal, licorice and white flowers. Again, all older French Oak and 40% whole cluster, the fruit is more forward here, but with time in the glass the black olive and whole cluster component shows through. Should develop for several years, but is deliciousness now.

The Offer

Please visit http://www.riverainvineyards.com If you have not signed up previously, you will need to do so so your information is captured by the system.

Please use the promo code Berserker when you order to get this pricing.

2018 Tench Cabernet three packs (normally $420) are now $330 with free shipping. Just 40 three packs available. SOLD OUT

The 2013 and 2014 Cardiac Hill Syrah six packs (three of each, retail $390) are now $285 per with free shipping. Just 24 six packs available. SOLD OUT
There are 12 Syrah magnum sets (one each of 2013 and 2014) for $215 with free shipping. JUST A FEW SETS LEFT SOLD OUT

Please do like us on Instagram or Facebook

Here are the links:

http://www.instagram.com/riverainvineyards/

We will ship these in February and March as the weather allows.

Thanks, as always, for your interest. If you have any questions feel free to email me at steve@riverainvineyards.com

Good to see you back Steve, I’m in!

Hi Steve. I’m in again. Your syrahis awesome

Thanks Steve. Having trouble finding the purchase section on the website. It keeps looping me back to the account page. Any ideas? Apologies if this is user error.

In for 2 three packs of the Cab - no brainer. Thank you!

In for a pack of the Syrah mags

In for a six pack of syrahs. Thank you so much!

Just made my first Berserker Day purchase ever with a 6 pack of Syrah! As a relatively new collector, couldn’t resist the ability to add library selections to the cellar!

Try this, need to register as a new user to get to the shopping cart, let me know if not. It’s under the heading “acquire”, that’s what fancy people call buying stuff.

https://www.riverainwines.com/shopping3/account/shopping_login.cfm

1 Like

in for the syrah and cab. The syrah with age is amazing.

Easy buy…love these wines and look forward to one day seeing you again in Houston Steve!

Thanks. I wasn’t using the code to log in. All set.

In for a three-pack of the Cabernet to extend my vertical starting with the 2012s. I’m not typically a fan of bigger Napa Cabernet, but I’m a sucker for the restrained oak and incredible purity of these wines.

Owen,

Looks like it went through.

Thanks!

Steve

You guys and gals are awesome. 75% of the offer is gone!

Thanks for the great offer Steve. In for a 3pk of the 2018 Cab. Cheers.

I can’t get your Website link to respond…you must be getting slammed!

in for a 3 Pack of Cab

In for a 3 pak! Thank you.

Hi Paul,

Free free to drop me a pm or email to steve@riverainvineyards.com and I can handle it directly.