Violin Wine Pinot noir and Chardonnay Offers

Happy Berserker Day 12! Thanks so much for including Violin for the second year–we sincerely appreciate the support as a Newbie last year and had fun participating.

I have two offers for BD 12 (6 or 12 option) and the third would be a combo of both. Shipping is available to most US States and is included in pricing. If you live in one of the areas that I can’t ship to, please inquire directly as we have third party options.

The easiest way to place an order is to reply to this listing, email me personally: will@violinwine.com, or call me: 971-241-7316

SALINE CITY: Vineyard Designate Chardonnay Mix

2018 Coast Range Vineyard Chardonnay: From the foothills West of McMinnville, our inaugural Chardonnay. Four Clones pressed together, barrel fermented and aged on lees for 12 months, followed by four months in Stainless and bottled one year ago this week. This wine is electricity and grace. I have around 75 bottles of this wine left and will fill these mixes until it runs out. (12.8% alcohol, Malo Complete, dry as a bone, 55 cases produced).

2019 Sojeau Vineyard Chardonnay: The star of our Pinot lineup, Sojeau Vineyard also includes three acres of Chardonnay that Walter Scott Wines generously shared with me staring in 2019. This will be the first Chardonnay from Sojeau on the market (along with their own version). Taught, flinty, and full of energy. The concentration in the 19 vintage is compelling and brings structure and power to this bottling. Bottled one week ago after twelve months in barrel and four months in stainless. This will require some time to unwind. (12.9% alcohol, Malo Complete, dry as a bone, 70 cases produced).

2019 Black Walnut Vineyard Chardonnay: Another inaugural bottling for Violin, the detailed and precise Organic farming of our Aussie friend Ryan Hannaford brings this high elevation Dundee Hills site to life. Elegantly balanced. Exotic fruits and generous mid palate, but salty to the core. Haunting length in this bottling from one and half barrels, mix of clones 76 and 95. A few extra months on lees, but also bottled last week. (12.9% alcohol, Malo complete, dry as a bone, 40 cases produced).

Saline City Sixer (two of each)

Saline City Twelver (four of each)

MONOPOLE PINOT and POLK COUNTY CUVÉE

“First Man” is the playful name I use to describe the incredible and dedicated effort of my longtime friend and colleague Adam Radtke. His 1900 vine vineyard totals just under one acre in two distinct blocks surrounded by a mature apple orchard and forest above, benefitting from organic farming inputs since day one—-applied personally and minimally by Adam, who also gathered the plant material, grafted by hand to rootstock, and slowly planted over the course of four years beginning in 2006. To say this is personal project would be understatement, but each year since 2013 we have produced distinctive Pinot Noirs from this Coast Range site West of Gaston in the North Willamette. 2018 is only the second year we have gone commercial with this new label, having previously blended the several barrels into the Willamette Valley Pinot Noir (while bottling a barrels worth for ourselves and posterity).

–2017 First Man Pinot noir: The first year we labeled these wines for commercial use, and the first time we included the young block in the mix as all whole cluster, making the vat around 45% WC by weight. I really liked the extra fruit pop it brought this bottling. This aged in twice-filled barrels for 16 months before bottling two years ago this month. This has the classic feel and weight of “old schooler/older school” Pinot, and is still crying for age, very likely to appease the AFWE. (12.8% alcohol, 45 cases produced). (Only 48 bottles of this remain so when it runs out the Pinot mix will be over)

–2018 First Man Pinot noir: I personally consider this the best version we have done in the first seven years. Incredible natural balance and purity of fruit. More exuberant than the 17 but still well framed by the tannins that mark most of my 18s. Aged for 16 months in twice fill barrels, the picture of this Coast Range site is becoming clearer and clearer with each year. (13.2% alcohol, 45 cases produced).

–2018 Polk County Pinot: As I introduced the Berserkers to Violin with the 2017 version, I thought I would include this with First Man to round out the mix. The same vineyards were included, with Sojeau (40%), Justice (35%), and the young Prophet (25%) forming a lithe and supple partnership in this six barrel blend. The expression of the Southern Eola Hills is quite distinctive in my experience, and I hope very much that this bottling captures the verve and perfume not found elsewhere in the Valley. “Regionally specific wines”. This one is awfully young but shows a subtlety and precision that I favor in Pinot, and hope you will as well. (13.3% alcohol, 145 cases produced).

Pinot Sixer (two of each)

Pinot Twelver (four of each)

Big Mix (2 of all wines, Chardonnay and Pinot noir)

Thanks so much for checking in on our offers. Please let me know if I can assist in answering any questions about the wines or fulfillment!

Happy Hunting and big thanks to Todd and the crew for all their work and efforts!

Cheers

Will

1 Like

Late to the game, but with f-holes on the label, this one has my eye, for sure!~!!!

Maybe your need large format offerings, and call them Cello! flirtysmile

Thanks Todd!

Awesome wines! Stoked to see 3 Chards.

Bill

Berserkers, this guy and his wines are the real deal. Will is a thoughtful and thorough winemaker who makes pure, beautiful and balanced wines from some incredible sites. Get these!! :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Really, really excited about the 19 Chards Bill. The 18 is starting to hit a spot now that it’s basically gone. Do not serve these wines cold! Hope you’re well.

Just when I thought BD XII couldn’t get better. This is a killer offer!

Great wines Will! Was worried you weren’t participating this year! And thanks Erica for recommending him when we visited in 2019!

With Erica’s blessing…I go in

a 6-er and a case (for my employees, as how can I NOT get that for my employees who work for my freakin’ violin company?)

It’s a great point–but hopefully they will like the wines too. Many thanks!

These the smallest scale production designates I’ve produced…and I think for good reason!
Hope you are well Jeff!

Was late to the party this year as last week was the biggest bottling in Violin history…but really happy to be back.

Thanks for all your support Diana!

1 Like

I’m sure they will - I’ve discovered how gorgeous well-made Burgundy varietals are from Oregon, and they don’t get to enjoy these amazing wines where they are - will be a wonderful discovery all around, I’m sure!

Hi Will,
Just sent an email for a 6 pack of each!

Guess I missed this at the bottom of your offer - Big Mix (2 of all wines, Chardonnay and Pinot noir): $480

Thanks Diana!

Order in via email! Can’t wait to get my hands on these Chards. Keep up the good work Will.

1 Like

Yeah, great offer per Jeff W. Missed visiting Oregon last year, so how about a Big Mix? Hope all is well.

James

Been meaning to try these. Email sent!

1 Like

Hi James, we miss seeing you in Oregon! Hope all is well. I will email you over an invoice. Any details changed on shipping?
Thanks so much!