Biggio Hamina Cellars BD 12 Library Styled Offers - closed, thanks so much!

I have two library styled offers for you this Berserkers Day!

Offer #1 is a magnum of 2010 Caroline Pinot noir. $200, no charge for shipping.

What does “Caroline” mean? Well, Caroline is my wife’s name. Simply put, the wine needs to be made with 100% whole clusters and must be beautiful. 2010 was the first year (2012 and 2017 were the only other years made) that we created this lovely wine. It’s beautiful now and should continue to age well to the end of the decade. Who else has eleven year old magnums today…?

Offer #2 The Mixed Medley Sixer is all about what you might get… two white/pink/orange and four reds, all single vineyard selections. $185, no charge for shipping.

They could be Melon de Bourgogne, Pinot blanc, Pinot gris, pink Pinot noir, Riesling and Gewürztraminer (which is really orange) for the whites. The red selection is mainly Pinot noir (2007-2017) from Claygate, Lia, Holmes Gap, Deux Vert, Johnson Ridge, Momtazi, Ana, Youngberg Hill, Zenith, Noel and Hill Road (this is the “Upside Down” label), but there is also a Sangiovese, and there might be some of our latest creation which is a Port style dessert wine we named Ruby Riserva.

Thank you!

To place an order please send an email to todd@biggiohamina.com, or message me here. I ask that you include your email and shipping addresses as well as your phone number. You will receive a Square invoice in your inbox. After that we wait on weather, and we use a third party shipper and can go to most states in the continental US.

Here’s a Cellar Tracker link: https://www.cellartracker.com/list.asp?fInStock=0&Table=List&iUserOverride=0&szSearch=biggio+hamina#selected%3DW3104069_1_K246a7a4af57681fe7abed4187040da61

1 Like

20180723_153726.jpg
Something kind of like this…

Email sent for The Mixed Medley Sixer.

Thanks, you are set!

Todd,

Now wait just a cotton-pickin’ moment here…

Your pic seems to have two bottles of Riesling that appear…gasp!..red??? [wow.gif]

Inquiring minds want to know!!! [cheers.gif]

Ha!

Yes, those bottles appear dark. But rest assured that those pale yellow wines are not red at all!

I realize that some of you may not know the skinny about BHC, so here’s a bit of history lifted right off my website. But know this too, my wife was doing James Beard dinners thirty years ago and I make wine that will fit that food. I have been fortunate enough to have sommeliers from Gary Danko, Charlie Trotter, Alain Ducasse and Daniel Boulud (among others) select wines that I’ve made to pair with their food. Power and elegance is a fine game to play.

Here’s the skinny:

Biggio Hamina Cellars is the result of pure luck. In June of 1996 Caroline Biggio moved from Aspen, Colorado where she worked as a line cook at The Little Nell to open a restaurant in McMinnville, Oregon. In September of 1996 I moved from Denver to McMinnville for a vineyard job. I had been working for a distributor, and they all assured me a low paying job in the vineyard, so I loaded up my old Volvo and moved out. In the first four hours I’d found a job, a place to live, and met my Bride.

I have specific ideas about how I want the wines to be providing the vintage can supply the raw material to make a plan work. So it is always subject to change. In a perfect world there would be massive amounts of whole cluster and no new wood. However, the weather does not always cooperate and we destem sometimes, and then use no new wood. I see little reason to predicate a style which is based upon a tree that’s grown on another continent.

The plan is usually to do a single vineyard with a single type of grape. The vast majority of wines are spontaneously fermented. This means that I don’t open a bag of commercial yeast strain to get things going. Perhaps I should say “native” or “natural”, but because we don’t ever put the yeast strain under a microscope to define exactly where it came from… we use the term spontaneous.

We make wines in a very bare bones style. We work with our growers, they farm well and we ask them to pick on our schedule, then the fruit comes to our co-op. I make the wines for Biggio Hamina, Claygate, Noel, Schönetal Cellars, Gypsy Dancer, Primavera and a couple blends for Longplay. There is no temperature control or glycol system, but we do have our own bottling line as well as a Delta E2 destemmer, a baby Bucher XPro8 and a sorting line. I do not own a filter, and of the 20,000+ cases that I have made for myself and others since 2007 perhaps 200 have had a polishing filter for clarity reasons, but nothing has been sterile filtered whether through a plate and frame or a crossflow. I like to make a wine that is still living.

Our wines will have sediment and they will throw tartrates if you get them cold as we don’t cold stabilize either. In a world of modernity we are a throw back to more basic times, and I don’t see any reason to change.

Work experience: I have gotten paychecks from Archery Summit, Beaux Freres, Chateau Benoit, Elk Cove, Maysara and Patton Valley. I have always made wine, but also have been the vineyard manager and national sales guy. I know how to do what I think needs to get done.

Crazy good story and wines by Todd Hamina. Another teeny tiny winery of Oregon that has awesome ratings from Vinous.

In for a sixer, thanks, thanks

Thank you!!!

I’m in for a mixed medley as well!

Thank you very much!!

Mixed medley Sixer for me this year, you should have my info. [thankyou.gif] [highfive.gif]

Thanks Dennis, I make delivery in Portland a week from Friday…

Psyched for more Mags!

Thanks Todd!

Hi Todd, do we pick the bottles in the Mixed Medley Sixer or is it just a random assortment?

Thanks Bill!! You’re the best!

I pick. You have to trust my judgement…

In for a mixed medley

Thanks. Send me your info please.