2018 Bien Nacido & Solomon Hills Estate + LOTS OF PERKS (TWO WINES SOLD OUT)

Bien Nacido proudly claims to be the United States’ most influential single-vineyard source, with more than 160 producers over 44 years having used “Bien Nacido” on their labels. Only vineyards in Burgundy have been designated more, and I am certain that has something to do with their 700-year history. Having been inspired by this, Steve Miller’s youngest son, Nicholas (Below LEFT, now the fifth generation) decided to make some of their own small-production wines starting in the late 2000s
In the mid-1850s, the Ontiveros family was granted a deed to a parcel originally called Rancho Tepusquet, near Santa Barbara in California. This was a land grant offered by the then-Governor of Mexico as a homestead for his daughter and new son-in-law to create a future and family. From the first days of their time at Rancho Tepusquet, the Ontiveros family had raised cows, horses, and other livestock next to a small tributary of the Santa Maria River. With a crystalline water source and nearly 2,000 acres of pasture land, the family started building their home. Then came Bob and Steve Miller (Below CENTER), members of their own fourth-generation farming family, both of whom found this pristine property in 1969 when they were offered two contiguous parcels of land that were part of the original Rancho Tepusquet. With the chance to continue a tradition of farming sustainably and focusing on the highest quality, the two original parcels were reunited and rechristened “Bien Nacido.” Directly (and appropriately) translated as “well-born,” Bien Nacido is about as purebred as vineyards come.

Bob and Steve saw this land as a perfect home for wine grapes. Santa Maria Valley is technically classified as a “Winkler Region 1b.” This is as cold, in terms of average temperature, as Champagne; the Mosel Valley in Germany; Kremstal in Austria; and Burgundy’s Cote d’Or. Understanding this, the Millers planted the vineyard with the first certified virus-free clones of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir from UC Davis in 1973—the “X Block” Syrah followed in 1987.

Bien Nacido & Solomon Hills Estate wines are made to showcase this sustainably farmed terroir by limiting the factors in the winery that would take away from that. All of the Estate wines from both Solomon Hills and Bien Nacido Estate are as traditional as one can get. All of the grapes hail from low intervention, organically farmed grapes, and are brought into a winery with the same model in mind. No yeast inoculations, no filtering or fining, only minimal Sulfur additions. All focused on bringing out the balance of carefully farmed fruit, with passionate winemaking.

****RECENT PRESS

THIS YEAR’S OFFERS ~ ALL PRICED AT WINE CLUB MEMBER PRICING
(30% off of retail & $.01 Shipping on 6 Bottles or More)
USE CODE “BD12” for Discounts
PERKS!!! PERKS!!! PERKS!!! PERKS!!! PERKS!!! PERKS!!! PERKS!!! PERKS!!! PERKS!!!For every full 12 Bottle Case Purchased, The Miller Family is going to include a night stay at their 2000 acre Bien Nacido Estate property in Santa Maria Valley, CA. This is about 1 Hour north of the heart of Santa Barbara, 1 Hour south of Paso Robles.
This is not a house you can generally rent to stay…this is a family and friends only home that sleeps 4. Full kitchen with Sundeck.
You can see the Milky Way clearly most nights of the year, hear the coyotes howl, and watch the red tails hunt for weasels and gophers. Its truly a heaven on earth.

For Every 6 Bottles Purchased, we will throw in a tour for 4 with our winemaker, Anthony Avila with a full tasting and tour of the property and wines. $600 value.

For every 3 bottles purchased, we will include a tasting for 2 at our tasting room for you or any friends. $40 Value.

HIGHEST SCORES LISTEDhttps://shop.biennacidoestate.com/Purchase/Current-Releases

• 2018 Bien Nacido Estate Chardonnay ~~~~ $31.50 - - - 95 Points Wine Enthusiast
  • 2018 Solomon Hills Estate Chardonnay ~~~~ SOLD OUT - - - 94 Points Wine Enthusiast
  • 2018 Bien Nacido Estate Pinot Noir ~~~~ $42.00 - - - 95 Points Jeb Dunnuck, Wine Enthusiast
  • 2018 Solomon Hills Estate Pinot Noir ~~~~ $42.00 - - -96 Points Wine Enthusiast
  • 2018 Bien Nacido Estate Syrah ~~~~ $42.00 - - - 94 Points Vinous Media

• 2016 Bien Nacido Estate “The Captain” Pinot Noir ~~~~ SOLD OUT - - - 96 Points Wine Enthusiast
  • 2016 Bien Nacido Estate “THE XO” Syrah ~~~~ $70.00 - - - 97 Points Wine Enthusiast

Shipping is currently available to the following 33 states:
AK, AZ, CA, CO, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, IN, KS, MA, MD, ME, MI, MO, MN, MT, NC, NE, NH, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA,WI

That estate syrah is no joke. Really enjoyed the last release!

1 Like

I’ve been recently LOVING the 2015 Solomon Hills Santa Maria Valley Pinot Noir

Can anyone share a comparison between the 2015 and 2018 vintage?
Similar… Different - anything helps :slight_smile:

Looking forward to TOMORROW !!

1 Like

Count me in! Thanks for the perks!!!

1 Like

Hey Richard, We used a little less stem in 2018 than 2015, but just slightly. The vintage was a frost vintage in 2018 for us, so we had some restricted yields…which means more concentrated juice. I would say though that 2018 is a more lean vintage than 2015 for what its worth!!

Hope I can see you out at the winery…being stuck at my home in Vegas isnt as glamourous as it sounds. Let me know when you plan to come with some of the perks, and I will put it on my calendar.

Also…for those who are interested, we just got back word yesterday on the Bien Nacido Chard 2018 from Decanter Magazine. I know points don’t matter than much…so I will skip the 95 points they gave us champagne.gif ; and just focus on the drinking window.

DRINK 2021 - 2041

I can appreciate that. I have some 2011 still hanging in the cellar with no open window in mind.

Guys, the Chards are really great. It’s lean and mean if you like that style. No oak. Just pure and clean. Gorgeous wine.

1 Like

Thanks for the update on the 2018 SH.
Seeing the comments about the Chard, it’s going to be DARN DIFFICULT to avoid a case buy.

1 Like

OFFER LIVE!!! LETS DO THIS!!!

1 Like

Already seeing orders come in. Thank you. I will send over a PM for the PERKS.

Order in for a mixed half case (Chard, Syrah, PN). Great offer!

1 Like

In for a case.
My wife’s family live in SB… would be nice to to align that guest house with a night away from them :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you Basil, and I saw we are both in Las Vegas. If youre interested, we can try to get together sometime and I will bring one of the 2011 Chardonnay and we can give it a test run.

Thanks NEstor, When I see the order come through I will have your email. I will send you a PM here and direct email to figure out the dates.

-Will

Last night we opened a 2017 Bien Nacido chardonnay. Really well balanced wine and much to my surprise, there was a decent amount of very well integrated oak on this wine, but it wasn’t offensive and really helped to balance out all of the bright citrus fruit. It’s a winner!

We already have one guest night at the house. And some more on the way. You can enjoy the time on your own, but generally our vineyard manager and his family will want to share some bottles with you!!! Thanks for the orders!

share bottles… Bonus. Me and wife looking forward to it!!!

I think you just found your new BFFs

Wanted this, but no shipping to NJ

We can ship to NY??!! My bad. We generally add states by business, so if you email me, I can see if we are able to do a new state setup an make it happen. wcostello@biennacidoestate.com