BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

Warm up your credit cards and come on in, as here is where you will find all the BerserkerDay offers - open to EVERYONE who loves wine. Apologize to your spouse or significant other ahead of time. #BD12
Forum rules
Forum rules
Not 'Rules', necessarily, but here's how BerserkerDay goes:

I'll be launching offers in groups of 8-10, in increments of 30 minutes. Sponsors will stay pegged at the top of the forum all day, each new group of offers will come in at the top with them for their launch grouping, cycling into the 'normal' thread after their launch time has passed, with a new launch group posted atop the thread thereafter. Discussion is encouraged, as posting replies moves the thread up to the top of the grouping, whether that is during launch time group or the 'regular' forum.

Keep checking in every 30 minutes for new offers being posted, and keep scrolling down to see everything that has been launched throughout the timeframe in which you've been on the forum, which hopefully is ALL DAY
Message
Author
User avatar
Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion
Posts: 4867
Joined: November 29th, 2010, 1:13 pm
Location: Back in the Burgh
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#101 Post by Dave McIsaac »

Dan_Fusco wrote: January 5th, 2021, 4:48 am Last year was my 1st BD. I had no idea what to expect and was completely overwhelmed. Glad I signed up for GCC so I can at least have a heads up and put together some type of game plan for the 27th.

I also agree with what Michael said above. A few of the producers I purchased from during BD11 have become staples in my cellar.
Dan,

If you think you will use the 26th for the development of a strategy for the 27th, you will look back at this statement and [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

You will instead go on a wanton spending spree, and rationalize that hey, I won't buy anything on the 27th (must buy this before it sells out).

When the 27th comes, you will buy "just one more", and you will repeat this exercise, and then the auctions will open up.

grouphug grouphug
You're the man Dave! I think i speak for all of us when i say that..😎 - John Cabot, BDXI

User avatar
Jeff_M.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1020
Joined: July 18th, 2019, 7:39 am
Location: SoCal
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#102 Post by Jeff_M. »

BD was wild last year. Think I ended up with a couple cases. I don't remember the damage. I will be cherry picking this year with my storage close to full again. I have no game plan except to pick out the best for me.
Jeff M 0 l l

2020 WOTY Candidates
2007 Yangarra Estate High Sands Grenache
1986 Spottswoode Cabernet
2012 Hartford Court Arrendell Vineyard Pinot Noir

User avatar
Nola Palomar
BerserkerDay MVP
BerserkerDay MVP
Posts: 4849
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 2:34 am
Location: Ugijar (GRANADA) Spain and Dayton, Ohio
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#103 Post by Nola Palomar »

I am Dream Smelling something that's being grilled and NEW to BerserkerDay 12... [wink.gif] [wink.gif] [wink.gif]
Nola
ITB

Veleta
Bodega Dominio Buenavista
D.O.P. Granada, Spain


Juan Manuel Palomar MD - 1948-2018 Husband, Father, Surgeon, Mentor, Winery owner & Winemaker, my everything...RIP
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

User avatar
Dan Hammer
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5911
Joined: June 3rd, 2009, 11:05 am
Location: flight Level 3 seven thousand. NYC Metro
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#104 Post by Dan Hammer »

Dave McIsaac wrote: January 7th, 2021, 7:43 am
Dan_Fusco wrote: January 5th, 2021, 4:48 am Last year was my 1st BD. I had no idea what to expect and was completely overwhelmed. Glad I signed up for GCC so I can at least have a heads up and put together some type of game plan for the 27th.

I also agree with what Michael said above. A few of the producers I purchased from during BD11 have become staples in my cellar.
Dan,

If you think you will use the 26th for the development of a strategy for the 27th, you will look back at this statement and [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

You will instead go on a wanton spending spree, and rationalize that hey, I won't buy anything on the 27th (must buy this before it sells out).

When the 27th comes, you will buy "just one more", and you will repeat this exercise, and then the auctions will open up.

grouphug grouphug
One more thing. You'll read a thread where everyone is raving about a particular wine/winemaker/olive oil company. [wink.gif]
It will be a company that wasn't even on your radar. Group mentality will take over, and you'll buy something you didn't consider the day before. [whistle.gif]
This space for rent.

User avatar
Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 15498
Joined: June 19th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Jersey City
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 59 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#105 Post by Jay Miller »

TGigante wrote: January 5th, 2021, 4:07 pm
Adam Mintz wrote: January 5th, 2021, 9:54 am Thank you Nola and Nate for answering my questions! Now I see why there is talk about having a "strategy" on BD and doing some initial planning. [cheers.gif]
And not just wine
Nola always puts together a great package of top quality EVOO, Sherry Vinegar, tuna, sardine and other fish tins. I had a tin of sardines last night with some pasta. Definitely upper echelon product
And I had a tin of the tuna for lunch. With BDay coming up I don't feel the need to hoard my supply any longer.

I still need to be careful with the olive oil as I'm down to my last bottle.
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

Anthony C
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 201
Joined: January 30th, 2020, 5:39 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#106 Post by Anthony C »

I'm excited. My first BD. Just need to control myself so I don't have to sleep in the doghouse.
C u r t a s

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food." -- W. C. Fields

User avatar
Nola Palomar
BerserkerDay MVP
BerserkerDay MVP
Posts: 4849
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 2:34 am
Location: Ugijar (GRANADA) Spain and Dayton, Ohio
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#107 Post by Nola Palomar »

Anthony C wrote: January 8th, 2021, 12:10 pm I'm excited. My first BD. Just need to control myself so I don't have to sleep in the doghouse.
Invest in a good pillow and blankets,,, NOW!! [pillow-fight.gif] champagne.gif champagne.gif
Nola
ITB

Veleta
Bodega Dominio Buenavista
D.O.P. Granada, Spain


Juan Manuel Palomar MD - 1948-2018 Husband, Father, Surgeon, Mentor, Winery owner & Winemaker, my everything...RIP
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

User avatar
Bob W
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 57
Joined: December 25th, 2020, 3:49 pm
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#108 Post by Bob W »

Nola Palomar wrote: January 8th, 2021, 3:06 pm
Anthony C wrote: January 8th, 2021, 12:10 pm I'm excited. My first BD. Just need to control myself so I don't have to sleep in the doghouse.
Invest in a good pillow and blankets,,, NOW!! [pillow-fight.gif] champagne.gif champagne.gif
Mental note: set office as shipping address. set office as shipping address. set office as shipping address...
W i n d e l

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 40472
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#109 Post by Todd F r e n c h »

Bob W wrote: January 8th, 2021, 5:17 pm
Nola Palomar wrote: January 8th, 2021, 3:06 pm
Anthony C wrote: January 8th, 2021, 12:10 pm I'm excited. My first BD. Just need to control myself so I don't have to sleep in the doghouse.
Invest in a good pillow and blankets,,, NOW!! [pillow-fight.gif] champagne.gif champagne.gif
Mental note: set office as shipping address. set office as shipping address. set office as shipping address...
good call...except when your office is at your home, like me!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Bob W
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 57
Joined: December 25th, 2020, 3:49 pm
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#110 Post by Bob W »

Todd F r e n c h wrote: January 8th, 2021, 5:19 pm
Bob W wrote: January 8th, 2021, 5:17 pm
Nola Palomar wrote: January 8th, 2021, 3:06 pm

Invest in a good pillow and blankets,,, NOW!! [pillow-fight.gif] champagne.gif champagne.gif
Mental note: set office as shipping address. set office as shipping address. set office as shipping address...
good call...except when your office is at your home, like me!
Trustworthy neighbors then? 😁 I haven't been into the office since March, but this seems a worthy reason to make a visit.
W i n d e l

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 40472
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#111 Post by Todd F r e n c h »

Bob W wrote: January 8th, 2021, 5:22 pm
Todd F r e n c h wrote: January 8th, 2021, 5:19 pm
Bob W wrote: January 8th, 2021, 5:17 pm

Mental note: set office as shipping address. set office as shipping address. set office as shipping address...
good call...except when your office is at your home, like me!
Trustworthy neighbors then? 😁 I haven't been into the office since March, but this seems a worthy reason to make a visit.
Definitely - but delivering to an actual office has its advantages, like not being last on the delivery route!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
Bob W
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 57
Joined: December 25th, 2020, 3:49 pm
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#112 Post by Bob W »

Todd F r e n c h wrote: January 8th, 2021, 5:24 pm
Bob W wrote: January 8th, 2021, 5:22 pm
Todd F r e n c h wrote: January 8th, 2021, 5:19 pm
good call...except when your office is at your home, like me!
Trustworthy neighbors then? 😁 I haven't been into the office since March, but this seems a worthy reason to make a visit.
Definitely - but delivering to an actual office has its advantages, like not being last on the delivery route!
Yeah there is that!
W i n d e l

User avatar
Paul Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 8740
Joined: April 28th, 2010, 2:56 pm
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 21 times
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#113 Post by Paul Miller »

So if BD is the 27th, that means I can't realistically drink any of the wine in January? So I can shop, but still meet the minimum requirement of Dryuary?

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2895
Joined: September 17th, 2009, 8:41 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#114 Post by Nate Simon »

Bob W wrote: January 8th, 2021, 5:17 pm
Nola Palomar wrote: January 8th, 2021, 3:06 pm
Anthony C wrote: January 8th, 2021, 12:10 pm I'm excited. My first BD. Just need to control myself so I don't have to sleep in the doghouse.
Invest in a good pillow and blankets,,, NOW!! [pillow-fight.gif] champagne.gif champagne.gif
Mental note: set office as shipping address. set office as shipping address. set office as shipping address...
This is a key B-Day pro move.

Nate Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2895
Joined: September 17th, 2009, 8:41 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#115 Post by Nate Simon »

Anthony C wrote: January 8th, 2021, 12:10 pm I'm excited. My first BD. Just need to control myself so I don't have to sleep in the doghouse.
Berserkers shop first, ask for forgiveness later.

Anthony C
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 201
Joined: January 30th, 2020, 5:39 am
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#116 Post by Anthony C »

Nate Simon wrote: January 9th, 2021, 8:34 am
Anthony C wrote: January 8th, 2021, 12:10 pm I'm excited. My first BD. Just need to control myself so I don't have to sleep in the doghouse.
Berserkers shop first, ask for forgiveness later.
Well, I blew our 2020 wine budget by more than double so there's a limit on the forgiveness . . .
C u r t a s

"I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food." -- W. C. Fields

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 666
Joined: March 16th, 2020, 3:01 pm
Location: Denver
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#117 Post by Max S. »

Anthony C wrote: January 9th, 2021, 9:39 am
Nate Simon wrote: January 9th, 2021, 8:34 am
Anthony C wrote: January 8th, 2021, 12:10 pm I'm excited. My first BD. Just need to control myself so I don't have to sleep in the doghouse.
Berserkers shop first, ask for forgiveness later.
Well, I blew our 2020 wine budget by more than double so there's a limit on the forgiveness . . .
I only blew ours by like 30% and I'm still in trouble. Of course I'm perpetually in the dog house so there's that.
5 w 0 m l 3 y

User avatar
Mark Maddox
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 154
Joined: January 8th, 2018, 10:14 am
Location: Houston, TX
Has thanked: 1 time

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#118 Post by Mark Maddox »

Budget....what is this strange word?

BD and budget are mutually exclusive.

User avatar
Bob W
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 57
Joined: December 25th, 2020, 3:49 pm
Location: Santa Cruz, CA
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#119 Post by Bob W »

We have a very simple equation in our household which keep me from overspending too much. Whatever I spend on booze and cigars, the wife gets to spend on home decor and furniture. Keeps my ass in check because the bank account dips fast when I go crazy. Still, it happens. :)
W i n d e l

User avatar
Scott Brunson
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 10992
Joined: November 15th, 2011, 2:55 am
Location: in between coastal SC and south FL
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 9 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#120 Post by Scott Brunson »

Jay Miller wrote: January 7th, 2021, 12:39 pm
TGigante wrote: January 5th, 2021, 4:07 pm
Adam Mintz wrote: January 5th, 2021, 9:54 am Thank you Nola and Nate for answering my questions! Now I see why there is talk about having a "strategy" on BD and doing some initial planning. [cheers.gif]
And not just wine
Nola always puts together a great package of top quality EVOO, Sherry Vinegar, tuna, sardine and other fish tins. I had a tin of sardines last night with some pasta. Definitely upper echelon product
And I had a tin of the tuna for lunch. With BDay coming up I don't feel the need to hoard my supply any longer.

I still need to be careful with the olive oil as I'm down to my last bottle.
Lol—us too.
And we’re having tuna for a snack this aft.
Tous les chemins mènent à la Bourgogne!
On CT, I'm S1

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 40472
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#121 Post by Todd F r e n c h »

Mark Maddox wrote: January 9th, 2021, 10:00 am Budget....what is this strange word?
It's a rental car company
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
matthewgoldman
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 68
Joined: November 20th, 2019, 4:37 pm
Location: Pasadena, CA
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 16 times
Contact:

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#122 Post by matthewgoldman »

Michael O'Brien wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 9:25 am Too bad wine purchases don't qualify for multiples on any card I have - 3x or 4x would be nice.
There is a credit card for this: https://grandreservecard.com

3x at all wine merchants every day

5x at our partner wineries every day

redeem points for wine, wine accessories, or wine experiences

(disclosure: i'm the ceo)
Grand Reserve Card
Matthew Goldman

User avatar
Brian DesPlaines
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 28
Joined: July 16th, 2019, 7:16 am
Location: Milwaukee, WI

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#123 Post by Brian DesPlaines »

Last year was my first BD and I wound up around with around 9 cases. My advice is to read all you can on the 26th and try to map out a strategy of must-haves. Some of them (Kelley Fox) sell out in minutes. Also, one of my favorite parts of BD is the availability of the winemakers in the threads. There are few places where you can read about an offer from wineries like Scherrer or Goodfellow & actually discuss with guys like Fred & Marcus (I like to think we’re on a first-name basis😉).

The calendar works against us this year. Last year, preview day was on a Sunday. That was perfect for playoff football & wine planning.

Also, take you budget, then double it. Then set it on fire.
Last edited by Brian DesPlaines on January 10th, 2021, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Everyone’s a critic and most people are DJs.

User avatar
larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 8636
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 9:26 am
Location: Santa Ynez Valley, CA
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#124 Post by larry schaffer »

Brian DesPlaines wrote: January 9th, 2021, 4:52 pm Last year was my first BD and I wound up around with around 9 cases. My advice is to read all you can on the 26th and try to map out a stately of must-haves. Some of them (Kelley Fox) sell out in minutes. Also, one of my favorite parts of BD is the availability of the winemakers in the threads. There are few places where you can read about an offer from wineries like Scherrer or Goodfellow & actually discuss with guys like Fred & Marcus (I like to think we’re on a first-name basis😉).

The calendar works against us this year. Last year, preview day was on a Sunday. That was perfect for playoff football & wine planning.

Also, take you budget, then double it. Then set it on fire.
I agree about the 'specialness' of winemakers being present that day. And folks like Fred and Marcus remain active year round. It's too bad most of the others don't . . .
larry schaffer
tercero wines

User avatar
Nola Palomar
BerserkerDay MVP
BerserkerDay MVP
Posts: 4849
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 2:34 am
Location: Ugijar (GRANADA) Spain and Dayton, Ohio
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#125 Post by Nola Palomar »

larry schaffer wrote: January 9th, 2021, 7:29 pm
Brian DesPlaines wrote: January 9th, 2021, 4:52 pm Last year was my first BD and I wound up around with around 9 cases. My advice is to read all you can on the 26th and try to map out a stately of must-haves. Some of them (Kelley Fox) sell out in minutes. Also, one of my favorite parts of BD is the availability of the winemakers in the threads. There are few places where you can read about an offer from wineries like Scherrer or Goodfellow & actually discuss with guys like Fred & Marcus (I like to think we’re on a first-name basis😉).

The calendar works against us this year. Last year, preview day was on a Sunday. That was perfect for playoff football & wine planning.

Also, take you budget, then double it. Then set it on fire.
I agree about the 'specialness' of winemakers being present that day. And folks like Fred and Marcus remain active year round. It's too bad most of the others don't . . .

+1
Nola
ITB

Veleta
Bodega Dominio Buenavista
D.O.P. Granada, Spain


Juan Manuel Palomar MD - 1948-2018 Husband, Father, Surgeon, Mentor, Winery owner & Winemaker, my everything...RIP
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

User avatar
larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 8636
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 9:26 am
Location: Santa Ynez Valley, CA
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#126 Post by larry schaffer »

Nola,

I'm sure you sense some of the same 'frustrations' that I do . . . [snort.gif] flirtysmile champagne.gif
larry schaffer
tercero wines

User avatar
Nola Palomar
BerserkerDay MVP
BerserkerDay MVP
Posts: 4849
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 2:34 am
Location: Ugijar (GRANADA) Spain and Dayton, Ohio
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 17 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#127 Post by Nola Palomar »

larry schaffer wrote: January 9th, 2021, 8:12 pm Nola,

I'm sure you sense some of the same 'frustrations' that I do . . . [snort.gif] flirtysmile champagne.gif
Indeed flirtysmile flirtysmile flirtysmile
Nola
ITB

Veleta
Bodega Dominio Buenavista
D.O.P. Granada, Spain


Juan Manuel Palomar MD - 1948-2018 Husband, Father, Surgeon, Mentor, Winery owner & Winemaker, my everything...RIP
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 40472
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#128 Post by Todd F r e n c h »

matthewgoldman wrote: January 9th, 2021, 2:32 pm
Michael O'Brien wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 9:25 am Too bad wine purchases don't qualify for multiples on any card I have - 3x or 4x would be nice.
There is a credit card for this: https://grandreservecard.com

3x at all wine merchants every day

5x at our partner wineries every day

redeem points for wine, wine accessories, or wine experiences

(disclosure: i'm the ceo)
(and we'll be announcing this formally soon, as it's part of BerserkerDay but has to be done PRIOR to BerserkerDay - forum-wide PM coming!)
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

User avatar
matthewgoldman
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 68
Joined: November 20th, 2019, 4:37 pm
Location: Pasadena, CA
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 16 times
Contact:

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#129 Post by matthewgoldman »

Todd F r e n c h wrote: January 10th, 2021, 9:50 am
matthewgoldman wrote: January 9th, 2021, 2:32 pm
Michael O'Brien wrote: January 3rd, 2021, 9:25 am Too bad wine purchases don't qualify for multiples on any card I have - 3x or 4x would be nice.
There is a credit card for this: https://grandreservecard.com

3x at all wine merchants every day

5x at our partner wineries every day

redeem points for wine, wine accessories, or wine experiences

(disclosure: i'm the ceo)
(and we'll be announcing this formally soon, as it's part of BerserkerDay but has to be done PRIOR to BerserkerDay - forum-wide PM coming!)
Without giving away all BD12 promo just yet... Grand Reserve is rolling out our best signup offer ever for our Grand Reserve World Mastercard, which is the credit card with exceptional rewards for wine enthusiasts. In addition, we will be giving all current (and new) Grand Reserve cardmembers extra, extra points on all spend on BerserkerDay. Looking forward to welcoming more Berserkers to the program. We're the only card we know of with 3, 5, and even up to 7x points (more on BD12!) for winery and wine store purchases!
Grand Reserve Card
Matthew Goldman

Jon H
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 56
Joined: November 16th, 2020, 4:14 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#130 Post by Jon H »

matthewgoldman wrote: January 10th, 2021, 5:20 pm
Todd F r e n c h wrote: January 10th, 2021, 9:50 am
matthewgoldman wrote: January 9th, 2021, 2:32 pm

There is a credit card for this: https://grandreservecard.com

3x at all wine merchants every day

5x at our partner wineries every day

redeem points for wine, wine accessories, or wine experiences

(disclosure: i'm the ceo)
(and we'll be announcing this formally soon, as it's part of BerserkerDay but has to be done PRIOR to BerserkerDay - forum-wide PM coming!)
Without giving away all BD12 promo just yet... Grand Reserve is rolling out our best signup offer ever for our Grand Reserve World Mastercard, which is the credit card with exceptional rewards for wine enthusiasts. In addition, we will be giving all current (and new) Grand Reserve cardmembers extra, extra points on all spend on BerserkerDay. Looking forward to welcoming more Berserkers to the program. We're the only card we know of with 3, 5, and even up to 7x points (more on BD12!) for winery and wine store purchases!
Just signed up! [Edit: deleted rest of message as I should have read thread a bit more closely]
IG: @jondrinkswine
CT: jondrinkswine

User avatar
JDVanHoose
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 37
Joined: January 3rd, 2021, 7:22 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#131 Post by JDVanHoose »

That sounds interesting, what are the points called?
Ultimate Wine Rewards?
Cheers from James [cheers.gif]

Pat K
Posts: 208
Joined: October 15th, 2017, 10:46 am
Been thanked: 15 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#132 Post by Pat K »

Having purchased wine from (several) Berserker Days, from 2020 Berserker Quarantine Relief, and to support a few other small vintners during 2020....

Hoping here for some new participants who offer items that would appeal to a wine geek, but aren't wine. Such as olive oils, balsamic vinegar, especially if vintner-produced. Foodie items that would have some shelf life without storing in the freezer. Non-wine items that would make good gifts. And, this might be a fantasy, but free ground shipping. One can hope.

[thumbs-up.gif]

User avatar
matthewgoldman
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 68
Joined: November 20th, 2019, 4:37 pm
Location: Pasadena, CA
Has thanked: 12 times
Been thanked: 16 times
Contact:

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#133 Post by matthewgoldman »

JDVanHoose wrote: January 10th, 2021, 9:08 pm That sounds interesting, what are the points called?
Ultimate Wine Rewards?
We just call them Grand Reserve Rewards, but we hope they are the ultimate wine rewards!

You can look at the whole GrandReserve catalog at https://grandreservecard.com/catalog
Grand Reserve Card
Matthew Goldman

User avatar
Patrick T a y l o r
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 397
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 6:59 am
Location: Indiana
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#134 Post by Patrick T a y l o r »

Nate Simon wrote: January 5th, 2021, 9:17 am
Rodrigo B wrote: January 4th, 2021, 4:49 pm Excited to be participating for the first time as a Berserker and not a lurker.

What’s at the top of everyone’s list of purchases for BD?
Princess & Peasant (awesome Carignan)
I'm not sure The Princess & The Peasant still exists. The winemakers (Dan and Stephanie Rivin) moved to Bordeaux to make French Blue rose', which was recently sold to Mondavi.

I have 2 remaining bottles of the Carignan and it is terrific.
The enemy of the good is the prefect.

User avatar
Patrick T a y l o r
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 397
Joined: January 27th, 2019, 6:59 am
Location: Indiana
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 74 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#135 Post by Patrick T a y l o r »

My game plan is to involve 2 or 3 wine buddies in some of the offers. That has worked very well. I get to try more wines, and it helps the budget a little.
The enemy of the good is the prefect.

Michael Martin
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7142
Joined: August 28th, 2010, 3:35 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 13 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#136 Post by Michael Martin »

Patrick T a y l o r wrote: January 11th, 2021, 3:58 pm
Nate Simon wrote: January 5th, 2021, 9:17 am
Rodrigo B wrote: January 4th, 2021, 4:49 pm Excited to be participating for the first time as a Berserker and not a lurker.

What’s at the top of everyone’s list of purchases for BD?
Princess & Peasant (awesome Carignan)
I'm not sure The Princess & The Peasant still exists. The winemakers (Dan and Stephanie Rivin) moved to Bordeaux to make French Blue rose', which was recently sold to Mondavi.

I have 2 remaining bottles of the Carignan and it is terrific.
Interesting news. The P and the P was one of my BD discoveries. Great Carignan.

User avatar
larry schaffer
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 8636
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 9:26 am
Location: Santa Ynez Valley, CA
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 58 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#137 Post by larry schaffer »

French Blue was sold to Vintage Wine Estates, not Mondavi, I believe . . .
larry schaffer
tercero wines

User avatar
Marc Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 179
Joined: May 14th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#138 Post by Marc Simon »

Where can I see last years offers so I can see what I did last year?
I may be just missing it....
Marc Simon

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 666
Joined: March 16th, 2020, 3:01 pm
Location: Denver
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#139 Post by Max S. »

Marc Simon wrote: January 12th, 2021, 10:19 am Where can I see last years offers so I can see what I did last year?
I may be just missing it....
Most of the previous BD offerings are in the BerserkerDay Archive at the bottom of the forum list. Here is BD XI specifically: viewforum.php?f=79
5 w 0 m l 3 y

User avatar
Marc Simon
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 179
Joined: May 14th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Location: Santa Barbara, CA
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#140 Post by Marc Simon »

Max S. wrote: January 12th, 2021, 10:41 am
Marc Simon wrote: January 12th, 2021, 10:19 am Where can I see last years offers so I can see what I did last year?
I may be just missing it....
Most of the previous BD offerings are in the BerserkerDay Archive at the bottom of the forum list. Here is BD XI specifically: viewforum.php?f=79
I knew I wasn't looking hard enough for it.

Thank you!
Marc Simon

Jeff Bloom
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 682
Joined: April 27th, 2009, 7:00 am
Location: Vienna, VA
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#141 Post by Jeff Bloom »

matthewgoldman wrote: January 10th, 2021, 5:20 pm
Without giving away all BD12 promo just yet... Grand Reserve is rolling out our best signup offer ever for our Grand Reserve World Mastercard, which is the credit card with exceptional rewards for wine enthusiasts. In addition, we will be giving all current (and new) Grand Reserve cardmembers extra, extra points on all spend on BerserkerDay. Looking forward to welcoming more Berserkers to the program. We're the only card we know of with 3, 5, and even up to 7x points (more on BD12!) for winery and wine store purchases!
Oops, signed up based on earlier posts and didn't see there will be a better signup offer for Berserker Day. Any way to back out and start again when the offer is announced?

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 40472
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#142 Post by Todd F r e n c h »

Jeff Bloom wrote: January 12th, 2021, 7:06 pm
matthewgoldman wrote: January 10th, 2021, 5:20 pm
Without giving away all BD12 promo just yet... Grand Reserve is rolling out our best signup offer ever for our Grand Reserve World Mastercard, which is the credit card with exceptional rewards for wine enthusiasts. In addition, we will be giving all current (and new) Grand Reserve cardmembers extra, extra points on all spend on BerserkerDay. Looking forward to welcoming more Berserkers to the program. We're the only card we know of with 3, 5, and even up to 7x points (more on BD12!) for winery and wine store purchases!
Oops, signed up based on earlier posts and didn't see there will be a better signup offer for Berserker Day. Any way to back out and start again when the offer is announced?
I've asked them not to post about it as it goes live VERY soon...you'll probably be grandfathered in, no biggie
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

JonathanG
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 769
Joined: August 7th, 2019, 10:45 pm
Location: SF Bay Area - Mid Peninsula
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 5 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#143 Post by JonathanG »

Anthony C wrote: January 8th, 2021, 12:10 pm I'm excited. My first BD. Just need to control myself so I don't have to sleep in the doghouse.
If the only consequence is sleeping in the doghouse, you should go crazy as non-buyers remorse will haunt you for YEARS.
J0|\|@+h@n Gr@h@m

User avatar
Stephen Faulkner
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 446
Joined: September 6th, 2010, 8:30 am
Location: WV Panhandle
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#144 Post by Stephen Faulkner »

Todd F r e n c h wrote: January 12th, 2021, 8:54 pm
I've asked them not to post about it as it goes live VERY soon...you'll probably be grandfathered in, no biggie
Todd, just to be clear, the offer will go live in time for us to sign up and use it during the GCC preview day? Thanks.

User avatar
John Glas
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 2597
Joined: January 14th, 2010, 9:54 am
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#145 Post by John Glas »

It's a good year to be a member of Grand Cru Crü, folks, as we're putting together GCC-only offers/discounts, plus one particular bonus (at least, thus far) from one of our participants. ONLY for GCC, baby :)
Good plan on the Grand Cru. I appreciate Todd what you do here and for $25.00 a year (price of an average priced bottle I would drink)it is well worth being a Grand Cru Member. [cheers.gif]

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 40472
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#146 Post by Todd F r e n c h »

Stephen Faulkner wrote: January 13th, 2021, 4:00 am
Todd F r e n c h wrote: January 12th, 2021, 8:54 pm
I've asked them not to post about it as it goes live VERY soon...you'll probably be grandfathered in, no biggie
Todd, just to be clear, the offer will go live in time for us to sign up and use it during the GCC preview day? Thanks.
It's live now, I sent a forum-wide PM

viewtopic.php?f=87&t=176577

Yes, you need to sign up ASAP so you can get it in time and use it for BerserkerDay, hence the strange 'early announcement' option I'm invoking this BerserkerDay :)
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Max S.
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 666
Joined: March 16th, 2020, 3:01 pm
Location: Denver
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 32 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#147 Post by Max S. »

Good lord that's a lot of points.
5 w 0 m l 3 y

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 40472
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#148 Post by Todd F r e n c h »

Max S. wrote: January 13th, 2021, 8:42 am Good lord that's a lot of points.
And you, as a GCC member, gets the extra bonus...you saw that link, right?
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

PatrickW
Posts: 1
Joined: October 1st, 2020, 9:57 pm
Has thanked: 2 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#149 Post by PatrickW »

My 1st Berserker Day & I'm getting really excited!!....I checked out some previous BD offers & the advice in this thread. I also made sure to get the day off work. Any other advice for a newbie?
W e n g e r

User avatar
Todd F r e n c h
Site Admin
<dfn>Site Admin</dfn>
Posts: 40472
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 8:46 am
Location: San Clemente, CA
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: BerserkerDay 12 Master Thread/FAQ

#150 Post by Todd F r e n c h »

PatrickW wrote: January 13th, 2021, 10:03 am My 1st Berserker Day & I'm getting really excited!!....I checked out some previous BD offers & the advice in this thread. I also made sure to get the day off work. Any other advice for a newbie?
Taking the day off work is next level! Good job, rookie!!!

All the tips and tricks are spelled out in this thread - do read every post, should help quite a bit!
Apparently I'm lazy, have a narrow agenda, and offer little in the way of content and substance (RMP) (and have a "penchant for gossip" -KBI)

Post Reply

Return to “BerserkerDay 12 (Jan 27, 2021) "The Black Friday of Wine Commerce" - Forbes”