Walter Scott Wines - Free Shipping of Spring Release Wines

Since its inception, Wine Berserkers has championed the small producer in the wine industry, as well as other small businesses related to wine (gourmet foods, wine accessories, etc) and now our friends in the wine industry who own small businesses have been presented with a great burden during the mandatory closures of wineries and bars. In the spirit of Wine Berserkers, and the shadow of BerserkerDay, let's show our support and help our friends in this industry, supporting them with our business.

This forum will be open to all small businesses in the wine industry. Tentatively we'll close it in 2 weeks, but let's see how things go...
Andy Steinman
GCC Member
GCC Member

Walter Scott Wines - Free Shipping of Spring Release Wines

#1 Post by Andy Steinman » March 16th, 2020, 5:04 pm

Thank you for all the interest and orders we have received so far!

We are sold out of both the Rock Salt and 12 East 12 Chardonnays. Thank you!

If you need some wine, we're still here to help!. Our recent Spring Release Wines are available with complimentary ground shipping on all orders of 6 bottles or more for as long as necessary to ride out the Quarantine efforts in style.

Visit Walter Scott’s Website:

https://walterscottwines.orderport.net/ ... T-RELEASES

We can also be reached by phone.

Again, thank you for your support in these challenging days.

We can't wait to see you on the other side of this and share wine and laughs and catch up on life. We are sending you all lots of love, hoping we all come out as unscathed as possible.

Erica Landon
General Manager & Partner

971.209.7786 - winery
503.522.0789 - cell
erica@walterscottwines.com
Last edited by Andy Steinman on March 27th, 2020, 8:26 am, edited 8 times in total.
ITB: Partner, Walter Scott Wines, Le Pigeon, Little Bird Bistro, Canard, and DigitalPour; Managing Director Metis NW

Chris Johnson
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Walter Scott Wines - exclusive Berserker Chardonnay offers plus Free Shipping of Spring Release Wines

#2 Post by Chris Johnson » March 16th, 2020, 6:31 pm

Order in for a Rock Salt. Looking forward to it! Thank you!

Marshall Manning
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Walter Scott Wines - exclusive Berserker Chardonnay offers plus Free Shipping of Spring Release Wines

#3 Post by Marshall Manning » March 17th, 2020, 9:26 am

Was going to order a 6 pack of the Rock Salt, but it's not appearing on the site, so I'm guessing it's sold out?

Andy Steinman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#4 Post by Andy Steinman » March 17th, 2020, 9:34 am

Hi Marshall,

We have a seperate area covering the 2 Berserker-only offers. Please follow this link:

https://www.walterscottwine.com/futures-offerings

All other bottlings can be accessed via:

Sorry this was confusing and thanks for your interest.

Best,

Andy
ITB: Partner, Walter Scott Wines, Le Pigeon, Little Bird Bistro, Canard, and DigitalPour; Managing Director Metis NW

Marshall Manning
GCC Member
GCC Member

#5 Post by Marshall Manning » March 17th, 2020, 9:45 am

Thanks, Andy...hadn't finished my coffee yet! Order in.

Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#6 Post by Sean_S » March 17th, 2020, 11:11 am

Marshall Manning wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 9:26 am
Was going to order a 6 pack of the Rock Salt, but it's not appearing on the site, so I'm guessing it's sold out?

I saw that too with the website and then started over again and it came back. Talked with Ken and Erica this morning and both these wines sound exceptional but Ken talking about the Rock Salt has me drooling. Order in for both

Sean
CT: Seanwsmithm3
Summit Rd, Redwood Estates, CA

MikeVenezia
GCC Member
GCC Member

#7 Post by MikeVenezia » March 17th, 2020, 1:59 pm

Ordered some of the Rock Salt! Cheers!

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

#8 Post by Dave McIsaac » March 17th, 2020, 2:11 pm

In for some Rock Salt as well.

I was charged $44.10 for shipping.

Is that correct?
You're the man Dave! I think i speak for all of us when i say that..😎 - John Cabot, BDXI

Chris Seiber
GCC Member
GCC Member

#9 Post by Chris Seiber » March 17th, 2020, 2:40 pm

Went to buy the Rock Salt, but I guess I had pondered too long, as they're all sold out. Anyway, good for Walter Scott that they're getting the sales.

Andy Steinman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#10 Post by Andy Steinman » March 17th, 2020, 3:01 pm

Dave McIsaac wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 2:11 pm

Is that correct?
The two Berserker exclusive bottlings are priced at Wholesale and our offer for these two bottlings did not include shipping. While we stated that in the offer, in retrospect, we should have noted it in bold to avoid confusion.

Sorry we didn't communicate better.

I have updated the offer to clarify this point as well as noting that the Rock Salt Cuvee is sold out.

The 12 East 12 Cuvee remains available.

Likewise our Spring Release is open with free shipping on 6 bottles or more.

Thank you for all the interest!

B Rottinghaus
GCC Member
GCC Member

#11 Post by B Rottinghaus » March 17th, 2020, 3:42 pm

Very excited to get the Rock Salt!
I have a pretty good idea who the friend is that you made it with and all those wines have been fantastic!
Amazing price even with shipping!
Brian Rottinghaus

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

#12 Post by Dave McIsaac » March 17th, 2020, 3:46 pm

Andy Steinman wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 3:01 pm
Dave McIsaac wrote:
March 17th, 2020, 2:11 pm

Is that correct?
The two Berserker exclusive bottlings are priced at Wholesale and our offer for these two bottlings did not include shipping. While we stated that in the offer, in retrospect, we should have noted it in bold to avoid confusion.

Sorry we didn't communicate better.

I have updated the offer to clarify this point as well as noting that the Rock Salt Cuvee is sold out.

The 12 East 12 Cuvee remains available.

Likewise our Spring Release is open with free shipping on 6 bottles or more.

Thank you for all the interest!
No worries Andy, was just double-checking.

I am looking forward to finally trying some of your wines!!
You're the man Dave! I think i speak for all of us when i say that..😎 - John Cabot, BDXI

Andy Steinman
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Walter Scott Wines - exclusive Berserker Chardonnay offer plus Free Shipping of Spring Release Wines - Updated

#13 Post by Andy Steinman » March 19th, 2020, 2:16 pm

We appreciate all the support we've received from this community and are getting orders together for shipment shortly.

I've updated the original post with availability information on the 12 East 12 Cuvee.

Hoping everyone is staying safe, healthy and making the best of the situation.

[cheers.gif]

Troy Stark

Re: Walter Scott Wines - exclusive Berserker Chardonnay offer plus Free Shipping of Spring Release Wines - Updated

#14 Post by Troy Stark » March 19th, 2020, 6:44 pm

Any tasting notes for this wine? 100% Malo and 40% new oak might not be our style, but we do love Walter Scott wines.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#15 Post by Sean_S » March 19th, 2020, 7:29 pm

Troy Stark wrote:
March 19th, 2020, 6:44 pm
Any tasting notes for this wine? 100% Malo and 40% new oak might not be our style, but we do love Walter Scott wines.
Not other than what they provided. correct me if I'm wrong but pretty much all WS Chardonnays are 100% Malo and typically ~40% new oak.

Example(s):

Vineyards: 100% X Novo Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills AVA, Willamette Valley
Ingredients: 100% Chardonnay grapes, SO2
Malolactic conversion: 100%
Yeast: Ambient, minimal bâtonnage
Fining: Casein & Bentonite, filtered for clarity
French Oak: Fermented and aged in 500 & 350-liter barrels for 12 months & finished for 3 months in stainless steel tank. 40% New Oak
ABV: 13%
Residual Sugar: 0 g/l

Vineyards: 100% Seven Springs Vineyard, Eola-Amity Hills AVA, Willamette Valley
Ingredients: 100% Chardonnay grapes, SO2
Malolactic conversion: 100%
Yeast: Ambient, minimal bâtonnage
Fining: Casein & Bentonite, filtered for clarity
French Oak: Fermented and aged in 500 & 350-liter barrels for 12 months & finished for 3 months in stainless steel tank. 40% New Oak
ABV: 13%
Residual Sugar: 0 g/l

From what I see all the SVD's are 40% new oak and 100% malo. La Combe Vert is 30% new oak and 100% malo.

Andy Steinman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#16 Post by Andy Steinman » March 19th, 2020, 10:12 pm

Thanks Scott and Troy,

The wine had elevage in 40% new wood and went completely through Malo, as is generally our norm.

The barrels are primarily Puncheons so there is less wood surface contact per Liter than standard cooperage and we tend to use barrels with modest toast. The Oak influence is so restrained that people who try our Chards for the first time sometimes assume elevage was in stainless.

If you've enjoyed other Walter Scott Chard bottlings, you'll likely see a "family resemblance"! [cheers.gif]

Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#17 Post by Sean_S » March 23rd, 2020, 8:49 am

Super Fast shipping on these. Arrived Sunday. Will post some formal notes this evening but the 12 East 12 is a nice balanced chardonnay with nice fruit on pop on pour with great balancing acidity. Great to drink now but I think could still benefit from a few years of age. The Rock Salt is flinty/minerally/high acidity white burg goodness. Those who bought that one are in for a treat.

Andy Steinman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#18 Post by Andy Steinman » March 24th, 2020, 12:25 pm

Thank you Sean,

We appreciate the many Berserkers who have reached out.

We're trying to get orders out within a day or two.

The support from this community is amazing. We may be socially distancing but we remain socially engaged!

[cheers.gif]

Sean_S
GCC Member
GCC Member

#19 Post by Sean_S » March 24th, 2020, 9:55 pm

Tasting notes posted here in "Wine Talk"

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=168474

Andrew M

#20 Post by Andrew M » March 25th, 2020, 7:20 am

Any chance there will be a re-re of the rock salt?
M @ k $ ! m ø v ! ç h

Andy Steinman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#21 Post by Andy Steinman » March 25th, 2020, 9:06 am

Unfortunately the cupboard is bare for Rock Salt 2017.

Some 12 East 12 remains.

We have stock on most of our remaining 2018 Vineyard Designate and Cuvee bottlings which also come with a free shipping offer on 6+ bottles.

We are looking around the Cellar for other interesting "orphan bottlings" we may be able to offer in the future. The Berserker community will have first dibs on any unique micro-production opportunities!

Dave McIsaac
BerserkerDay Champion
BerserkerDay Champion

#22 Post by Dave McIsaac » March 25th, 2020, 11:42 am

Rock Salt in da' house! Looking forward to trying these, and love the "labeling"!! [cheers.gif]

Jeff Wilkinson
GCC Member
GCC Member

#23 Post by Jeff Wilkinson » March 25th, 2020, 11:52 am

Agreed! Mine landed today as well and the labeling is impressive! Can't wait to pop one open!

James Lyon
GCC Member
GCC Member

#24 Post by James Lyon » March 25th, 2020, 12:29 pm

Jeff Wilkinson wrote:
March 25th, 2020, 11:52 am
Agreed! Mine landed today as well and the labeling is impressive! Can't wait to pop one open!
I'll be over a little later...

James

Andy Steinman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#25 Post by Andy Steinman » March 25th, 2020, 1:55 pm

Regarding the Labeling:

[thankyou.gif] [thumbs-up.gif]

John J
GCC Member
GCC Member

#26 Post by John J » March 25th, 2020, 4:12 pm

Wish the weather wasn’t so hot in Florida already 😫
J. Johnson

Andy Steinman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#27 Post by Andy Steinman » March 25th, 2020, 5:13 pm

Thank you for the interest John!

We'd be happy to honor the Free Ground Shipping offer if you place an order now for future shipment.

If you call Erica she may have additional thoughts.

Best, Andy

M. Tam

#28 Post by M. Tam » March 26th, 2020, 4:35 pm

Received the Rock Salt + X Novo. Extremely fast shipping and love the labeling. Can't wait to crack em open.

Thanks for the notes Sean.

Love all the people at Walter Scott!
M i c h a e l

Andy Steinman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#29 Post by Andy Steinman » March 26th, 2020, 9:43 pm

Thank you for all the interest and orders we have received so far!

We are now sold out on both Berserker exclusive offers. We're humbled by your support.

If you still need some wine, we can still help! Our recent Spring Release Wines remain available with complimentary ground shipping on all orders of 6 bottles or more to help everyone ride out the Quarantine efforts in style.

Visit Walter Scott’s Website:

We can also be reached by phone:

Erica Landon
General Manager & Partner

971.209.7786 - winery
503.522.0789 - cell

Again, thank you for your support in these challenging days.

Our team is staying close to home. Ken, Erica and Lucy are enjoying the family time and getting creative with some entertaining Instagram posts.

We look forward to seeing you face to face once we are past the current challenges. It will be great to share wine and laughs, trade quarantine-perfected recipes and catch up on life!

Return to “Berserker Quarantine Relief”