Chris James Cellars - Willamette Valley & Columbia Valley wines up to 40% off

Hi all,

Thank you for coming up with this idea to help offset some of the current slow down. Not only have less people been out tasting, but some of the largest wine events of the year have had to cancel. Let’s hope this is a short lived quarantine.

All of our offerings have shipping included; if you’re in the Oregon area and would like to pick up your wines from us, we will give you a bonus bottle of wine!

Order online at https://squareup.com/store/CJC-BD. The photos shown may not exactly match the offers…I will work on updating them.

We are excited to have all of you try our wines and post feedback. If you like what you try, come back and order some more! We will offer a 15% discount on all reorders for the next 6 months - watch for a discount code in your shipment. We will also ship case purchases for free.

And Great News if you want to save even more! You can sign up for our club and start enjoying your discount in addition to the discounts already listed! All of our club info is listed at
Chris James Cellars (Carlton, OR). Reach out to Beth@chrisjamescellars.com or 503-852-1135 to join and place an order for BD!

If you’re interested in learning more about us, check out our website at http://chrisjamescellars.com (you can read our story at Chris James Cellars (Carlton, OR))!

You can check out our website for tasting notes and more details - not all of the wines are listed yet because some are new releases!

Offer 1: Pinot Noir 12 pack $349 Shipped
Enjoy at least one bottle of each Pinot Noir we have made since our first vintage in 2015. Compare year over year and AVA to AVA in this diverse collection of distinctive Pinot Noirs.

1. 2016 Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley
  2. 2016 Pinot Noir Reserve, Willamette Valley
  3. 2017 Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley
  4. 2017 Pinot Noir, Eola-Amity Hills
  5. 2017 Pinot Noir, Yamhill-Carlton
  6. 2015 Pinot Noir, Yamhill-Carlton
  7. 2015 Pinot Noir, Eola-Amity Hills
  8. 2018 Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley
  9. 2018 Pinot Noir, Eola-Amity Hills
  10. 2018 Pinot Noir, Yamhill-Carlton
  11. 2016 Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley
  12. 2016 Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley

Offer 2: White 6 pack $129 Shipped
We are once again offering a select set of our many white wines. You will love the variety in flavors and aromas as you taste through each distinctly unique wine in this 6-pack.

1. 2017 Chardonnay, Columbia Gorge
  2. 2018 Cuvee Blanc, Yamhill-Carlton
  3. 2018 Pinot Blanc, Willamette Valley
  4. 2018 Riesling, Willamette Valley
  5. 2019 Albariño, Willamette Valley
  6. 2019 Pinot Noir Rosé, Willamette Valley

Offer 3: Red 6 pack $189 Shipped
Each of these reds is elegant, smooth, and full of flavor!

1. 2017 Claret, Columbia Valley
  2. 2017 Malbec, Columbia Valley
  3. 2017 Petit Verdot, Columbia Valley
  4. 2017 Zinfandel, Columbia Gorge
  5. 2017 Lagrein, Yamhill-Carlton
  6. 2017 Dolcetto, Eola-Amity Hills

Offer 4: Mixed 6 pack $159 Shipped
If you are looking for a mixed pack with something for every occasion - and non-occasion - look no further! The wines in this mixed 6-pack are both elegant and distinctive.

1. 2016 WV Pinot Noir, Willamette Valley
  2. 2017 Claret, Columbia Valley
  3. 2017 Malbec, Columbia Valley
  4. 2019 Albariño, Willamette Valley
  5. 2017 Chardonnay, Columbia Gorge
  6. 2018 Riesling, Willamette Valley

Offer 5: Bubbles! (2 of each wine) 6 pack $159 Shipped
These Rosés are our newest wines! We typically do not offer any discounts on our sparkling wines, but we are giving you a chance to get them pre-release and at a discount.
1 2017 Prost (dry white blend of Apple wine and Gewurztraminer), , Willamette Valley
2 2019 Sparkling Pinot Noir Rosé, Willamette Valley
3 2019 Sparkling Dolcetto Rosé, Yamhill-Carlton

[thankyou.gif] Thanks everyone! Please contact us if you have any questions. beth@chrisjamescellars.com or 503-852-1135

Just received my white sampler pack from Berserker day, I ll have to crack one next couple of nights.

Yes, do and let us know what you think! The offers include different wines than last time, so you might need to get another 6-pack to try even more of our wines :slight_smile:

Today another huge wine event in Oregon was cancelled - the 2020 Astoria Warrenton Crab, Seafood & Wine Festival. This is one of the biggest, if not the biggest, sales event for the participating wineries. This year our 2018 Gewurztraminer won Best of Show for Whites. Consider ordering yourself a case to enjoy - all cases ship for free.

champagne.gif

2018 Gewürztraminer

This wine was made in the spirit of our 2016 Gewürztraminer: extended skin contact (~5 hours) with a cool and extended fermentation. A portion of the wine was fermented in a neutral barrel to create a round mouthfeel in the wine. The remainder of the wine was fermented in stainless steel. The wine is extremely aromatic and fruit forward with a good acid structure. This tastes amazing now, and will age into something really special.

Tasting Notes

Aromas of lychee fruit, lemon grass, Bergamont orange and sandalwood. Flavors of mandarin orange, honey and Chinese five spice.

Food Pairings

Bahn mi, pad kee moa, chicken fajitas, szechuan chicken

The Oregon Governor has decided that bars, restaurants, and other entertainment establishments should not serve dine-in customers. With that news, we are now closing our tasting room for the next 4 weeks. We are also postponing our upcoming Winemaker’s Dinner until it is safe to gather once again. We welcome customers that want to simply pickup wine by appointment and we are offer the following:

• Local deliver 6 or more bottles for free
  • Free shipping on 12 bottles or more

Reach out to beth@chrisjamescellars to take advantage of these offers.

Stay safe!

Just an update on timing. We plan to keep out deals going until we are able to once again open our tasting room.

Cracked a sav Blanc this afternoon not best day, dreary, rainy, chilly but damn if drinking this doesn’t make me feel like I’m on a warm beach stuffing my face with tropical fruit. The fruit forward nature would have you thinking residual sugar but it’s a bone dry finish. My wife was like…oh yeah this is good. Trying to think if we have had any Oregon Sav Blanc before :thinking:
We will be in touch with a re order of some kind.
Another Berserker find.

Funny side note my given name is Chris James. My wife was like…“that’s why you ordered it”. Honestly I never even put 2 and 2 together. Ignorance is bliss!

Glad to hear that you are enjoying the 2018 Sauv Blanc. That was one of the first 2 things we planted, along with the traditional Pinot Noir. Each vintage has been unique, but it is always one of our favorites! As you try more of our wines, you will find consistently surprising aromatics and fruitiness with well balanced residual sugar and acid. Enjoy!

Hey all. We have been doing new weekly specials offered on our email list. Join today to see what we have to offer: Chris James Cellars

Looking for Italian Varietals? Check out our weekly specials for a mixed 6 pack or case.

https://cjc-bd.square.site/

You are welcome to stop by and pickup wine by appointment or choose between the shopping options below:

1. Free delivery on 6 bottles or more to our local area (less than 1.5 hours from Carlton) - We will be doing deliveries about every two weeks.

2. Free shipping on 12 bottles or more

newhere I purchased a case during BDX and we have just gotten around to opening bottles. So far, we have tried the Pinot Noir Blanc (slightly effervescent, white peach/white pluot). My husband asked when I was going to repurchase it [snort.gif] . We also opened the Sauvignon Blanc, which was a little higher alcohol and richer than we expected - in a good way. This is definitely not a grassy green acid water style. Last night, we opened one of the Pinot Noirs and served it with grilled porterhouse steak. Very nice!

Glad to hear you are enjoying the wines! The Pinot Noir Blanc is one of my personal favorites! (Beth speaking here) Chris does a great job making beautiful aromatic whites and very elegant reds.

Keep an eye on our specials for other great wines to try. You will probably enjoy the 2018 Gewurtz (you should have this one already) and 2018 Pinot Blanc…and we have new 2019s that are somewhat different than the 2018s…for example, the 2019 Sauv Blanc is dryer and has some of those grassy notes. I hope you will keep trying our wines and letting us know what you think!