Falltacular Golf--Friday, 2/21 FINAL DETAILS POSTED

Bob Summers and I, along with Leslie Firsher, we want to get a round of golf together the day before Falltacular, which would be Friday, 2/21. Of course, this is the same day as the Pre-Falltacular Friday night dinner, which will be in the early evening. So, we would be teeing off sometime in mid-AM, NLT 9AMish, but sooner if the group wished.

As to course location, I have two ideas. One is San Juan Hills, which is near my home, or, Monarch Beach, which is 10 mins away. I have privilege with both courses. I can book SJH 2 weeks in advance, and MB 6 days in advance. The cost to play SJH would be around $75, and MB would be $99 (although the down side here is that I only can get the $99 rate for 4 of us, it would be $210 thereafter). So, with a larger interested group, of course, SJH becomes the best choice.

I need you to post if you wish to play, and given the SJH booking window, I would like to know all golfers NLT 2/7/14.

With golf, dinner, than the big Saturday event, should be an epic Falltacular weekend.

You can also include John Cabot. I talked with him yesterday and he said he was really looking forward to it. Last time I played a Berserkerfest round with him he cut the corner on an uphill par 4, landed on the green and made his eagle putt.

I’m a definite maybe, work permitting. I’ll confirm the first week in February before the SJH reservation date.

FMIII, if playing at SJH and staying at the best western, can they get the hotel shuttle to the course…

Brig, I don’t know but I am happy to play shuttle driver to anyone who may be at the hotel and wants a ride from there to golf, then back. Just let me know. As for you, Mr Campbell, get that day off!

Bob, as to Mr Cabot…noted. I had forgot that part.

Last two rounds have been better for me! Hoping it keeps around for our fun on the 21st.

My understanding is they will shuttle anywhere in the city limits.

And I can certainly shuttle to the course, have room for 3 others and clubs if needed.

I’m definitely in and looking forward to seeing and playing with you all.

Great, so we are at 5. Would be great to get to at least 2 foursomes.

[pillow-fight.gif]

Frank, if you still have room, count me in

Rdr, plenty of space. We can simply keep growing out the 4-somes.

I’m in! And can shuttle at least 2 other golfers. Wow, I guess I should check out the WB board more than once every quarter …

Am I allowed to play if I am only a 26 and haven’t picked up a club in anger since September? Is there a place to rent clubs, since any room I would use to schlep clubs would be better used to schlep wine.

Jay, I could bring a set of clubs for you no problem

Robin, that is cool of you.

Jay, based on the sign ups so far, it would appear Monarch Beach is out. So, if you like, I can call San Juan Hills and see if they rent. I’ll check and pass that info back to you. I am sure they will charge so maybe you save a few bucks, invest that money in the silent auction the next day @ Falltacular and let the cool lady with the big bottle in the photo above lend you some clubs!

Ok. I’m in for Friday. I will take the cool lady with the big bottle up on her offer because there is an item at the auction I have my eyes on that needs some extra cash because I suspect it will draw some serious bidding.

Jay, not sure how much the Big Bottle lady hangs out here on the board so suggest you PM and email her so she knows of your need. Tell her also when you talk to her to donate that bottle to the auction! [rofl.gif]

If you have a desire to golf and have yet to post it, please do so NLT night of 2/6. I can book our tee times 2 weeks in advance so that means on 2/7, I will book based on how many 4-somes we need. Don’t procrastinate. [berserker.gif]

Count me in if there’s enough room.

Thanks, Silk

Silk, you’re in. We have plenty of space.