Friday, January 24, Playground Santa Ana - ADDED DETAILS IN FIRST POST

Hi, y’all! [crazy1.gif] Pardon me, a moment of Southern washed over me…

Daisy and I are going to be in the OC/LA area in a couple of weeks, and we’d love to break bread and pop corks with friends we haven’t seen in a while. Offline sage FMIII suggested one oof the new venues of choice is Playground in downtown Santa Ana. We’re game for running that up the community flagpole and seeing how many of you salute it with your interest.

Happily, they have a very BYO-friendly policy of no corkage, obviously no news to those of you who have dined there before. The menu looks innovative and they certainly have a great wine program of their own, so I’m excited for the prospects. We’re not setting a particular wine theme, so just bring what you’d like to enjoy with friends.

I am in touch with the restaurant regarding our reservation, and will update our numbers as needed. Daisy and I really look forward to enjoying your company on this swing out west.

UPDATE
I spoke with the restaurant today, and established a few details with them.

• They asked that we move out the start time to 7:30. Hopefully, that will also allow a little extra time for those with longer drives.
  • To keep things at a reasonable size, we’ll be capping attendance at 16. If you do have to cancel, please provide me with as much lead time as possible.
  • They will be presenting a prix fixe meal for us with an all-inclusive price of $45pp. If anyone has any dietary restrictions, please PM me so I can alert the chefs.
  • To minimize the service impact, please bring your own stemware if possible.

http://playgrounddtsa.com
220 East 4th Street
Santa Ana
Friday, January 24
7:30 pm

1. Kriss Reed
  2. Daisy Reed
  3. Veronica Castro
  4. Jim Dietz
  5. Arnold Caplan
  6. Lisa Caplan
  7. Francine Haight
  8. Rob Winn
  9. Leslie Goldsmith
  10. Chiara Gratton
  11. Andre Lavoie
  12. Jay Selman
  13. Lorena Chaparro
  14. Robin Miller
  15. Glenn Murlin

Woohoo! Glad to hear of your and Daisy’s upcoming visit. Count me in, please.

Count me in! Will be great to see you.

I should be able to make it, sign me up

Lisa and I will be joining the party. Don’t ask Veronica to bring the starter…
[snort.gif] flirtysmile

champagne.gif champagne.gif Woo Hoo…Count me in!

Please add Robo as well!!

Bump for additional details in first post.

Hmmmm. Never heard of them doing a prix fixe. Not sure what that will mean. Hmmmmm

Sign me up as well. I have a friend visiting, but, maybe I can talk them into joining us.

Ok! Golfing with my friend in the AM, drinking and eating with you guys in the PM, so, just me!

Hey Kriss.

It’s unlikely I’ll be able to clear the 24th, but I’ll make an effort. When do you arrive in town, and how long are you here?

I bet those Seminole fans will be tough to live with, now.

Glenn, we’re getting in on the 17th and leaving on the 26th. You are correct, the 'Nole fans are lording it over anyone within earshot, but truth be told, I’m glad to see the SEC stranglehold loosened.

Well, I guess the Nole fans have the right to brag a little. Great game, and I am also happy to see the SEC streak broken.

I’m sending you a pm.

You better make it Glen!!

Bummed out that I missed the post. Whats the limit on attendees?

Jay…you are not too late…Looks like he said 16!! (probably due to space) champagne.gif

Add me in. I saw 12 people and assumed it was maxed out. I am surprised they will accommodate a group that large.

Glad to have you on board, Mr. Grape Radio. It’ll be great to see you again.

Add Lorena Chaparro to the list of guests.