Falltacular 2014--This Saturday, 2/22 @ Noon. FINAL DETAILS POSTED

Which date for Falltacular 2014 do you like the best? You can select either/both days.

• Saturday, February 22nd
  • Saturday, March 1st

0 voters

As you may see above, we ran a poll and in my wisdom, I chose the less favored date but there were several problems attached to March 1st so we went with 2/22.

Having that now out of the way, for those new to the board or who may want more info about the event, I keep all my event info about Falltacular in Dropbox. If you click the link below, it will open and display two files. The Word file is the Falltacular FAQ, and will make anyone in expert in the event in roughly 10 minutes time, which is how fast the FAQ will read. The other file is in Excel, which is the big daddy file, a warehouse for all the events yearly details: which wineries are being featured, who has sent a check for tickets, the silent auction items and the volunteer schedule. For the years of 2013 and going backwards into time, all of that is viewable still and for those interested in seeing the event’s progression over the years, I leave that info intact for viewing.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/sszpvbtalnluadm/aywgH7kzSU

For 2014, we are just getting started so all I have as of mid-November is just the wineries committed so far, not much else. This will change rapidly as we get into December and January, and I will update the event’s file regularly as wines are committed, auction items are added and we start to lock down all the details.

For now, take a look and we will be ramping up soon…

All the votes are in: See you March 1 !!!

I was just thinking about this the other day. Glad you satisfied my curiosity.

I edited the poll, Erf as I heard from Laura’s House and we need to remove 2/8 as an option. Having done that, looks like I cleared the poll by accident. So the few who had voted, please vote again. Lo siento! blush [oops.gif]

Sign me up to pour from 1-2 downstairs on the big table.

Oops, got a liitle ahead of myself.

With March 1st I’m finally on the right side of the poll, so far at least. I would default to the earlier date due to impatience, but we will celebrate my son’s birthday the weekend of the 22nd.

I change my vote to Feb 22. Will need to be on the West Coast the weekend of the 16th anyway – so I can do what we did last year and fly down from Seattle. The 17th is Prez Day - long weekend.

Either date should be doable for me, should be fully ambulatory by that time, will definitely 100% want to be there!

Mike

Ambulatory? What’s up? I work too much in a banned alcohol environment to keep up. [swearing.gif]

Chuckle. I hadn’t made this public knowledge on the board, m’dear, but on September 8, while riding my bicycle from one film festival location to another, the front wheel got caught directly in a streetcar track. As I was falling, I put my right foot out to brace myself, and my leg decided not to do that. I should find out further details tomorrow at my first return visit with the surgeon, but they were pretty sure I’d be fully non-weight-bearing for three full months and plenty of physio afterwards—it was a pretty bad break. Thankfully, no real ligament damage and I have some great surgeons here. Just getting used to doing things with one leg for a while :slight_smile:

But by that date, all should be well on the recovery road—well enough for me to travel, at any rate.

Sante!

Mike

Sorry to hear this, Mike. Hope we all can make it to the best annual offline for a cause!

I am pulling for Feb 22. I will be in transit to Austin via Orlando March 1.

Thanks Nancy—I’m definitely taking the optimistic view. Surgeon was pleased with progress this morning, hoping to start some physio within the month.

Mike

Yes, good luck with your recovery!

Mike, you take good care of yourself so we can get you here in 2014.

Thanks for the polling responses above. This helps a great deal. Keep voting for those who have not yet done so.

Good luck with the recovery Mike.

Hoping for February 22nd as March 1st is Amador festival and we will be out of town.

Cheers!
Marshall

Guys, we have a date. Turns out that the weekend of 3/1 is my grandson’s 1st birthday and the party has been set now to be on 3/1 so I am sure my family would not take kindly to me having a house full of wine tasters with a baby party going on in the middle of the living room. Would make for an interesting day, however–but not good for either event if they were to occur side by side! For those of you who voted for 3/1, I hope you also voted for 2/22, as I’d like to see everyone here, but I know, like Andrew C above, other things may just trump.

That said, we can now groove with a date of 2/22. Makes it easy to remember, too–“222”.

Putting it on my calendar. Hope my date will be home that weekend and not eating grits in SC!

Make another wish. You got the last one! champagne.gif

Party on Frank. Party on Everyone!!!