Long Beach 2/28 Heavenly Fish Palace - Bubbly and more!

Heavenly Fish Palace
2420 E 28th St
Signal Hill, CA
562 988 1334

What could perk up a So Cal winter afternoon than a pile of delicious Southern-fried chicken and fish served alongside an array of addictive sides, washed down with effervescent elixirs from Champagne to Prosecco and Cava? That’s what we’re in for when we gather on Saturday, February 28, at Heavenly Fish Palace in Signal Hill. This place lends creedence to the truth that some of the finest foods can be found in the most unlikely places, as it’s tucked away in the dark heart of industrial Signal Hill, not otherwise known as a culinary mecca. I was skeptical until I went to try it, and I was hooked. I asked the owner, Jackie, if we could bring our wines and gear, and she said that guests already do on a regular basis.

We’ll order ample portions of the chicken and fish to be shared communally, as well as a selection of the sides like mac 'n cheese, greens and blackeyed peas. In addition to your favorite sparkling wine, you can also bring other whites, reds or dessert wines that you think will also pair with the cuisine. Please bring your own stems, as they have none in house. The start time is 6 pm, and due to the tiny size of the restaurant, only the first 10 will be able to join in the fun.

Attendees:
Kriss Reed
Carolyn Stoops
Charlie Fu +1
Robin Miller

Thanks for posting this here. I’m afraid I will have to be absent this one as will many of the OC regulars. We be conflicted. :neutral_face:

Player.

Just tryin to help a brutha out.

I’m sure there are good therapy groups or other resources in your area for this.
[tease.gif]

Are we allowed to post TN’s from that dinner?

too cool for school huh Cris.

I am one of the conflicted ones as well. I hear there is medication for that though. Looking forward to the buzz.

Pulling the plug here, folks. We’ll try this another time. Meanwhile, tune in for March’s LB dinner.

Sorry to hear that, Kriss. I’ll try hard to make the March dinner. In my case, next weekend was scheduled well in advance.

Glenn