Domaine Wine Storage - DC Thread

Announcements and planning of events, including in-person (when possible!) and virtual/video/online events
NoahR
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Domaine Wine Storage - DC Thread

#2351 Post by NoahR »

R_Gilbane wrote: September 4th, 2021, 6:22 am Domaine really should just condo out the tasting room and lease it to members for $1/year. Let people who actually care program events for the space. As currently configured (and hours), it’s an absolute waste of space that Domaine (and members) are paying for. Now I know this is possibly the last thing Domaine management cares about but it fundamentally ignores the value members provide by using & enjoying the space (word of mouth or social media force multiplier).

It’s so obvious but clearly a bridge too far for management in terms of connecting the dots. Just another brick in the very tall wall they’ve managed to build over the years. Never met a group that loved stepping in it as much as this group.
I Stand With Bobby

At some point after this COVID nuclear winter, I’d love to be able to get together with wino friends, old and new, with the same degree of reckless abandon of previous years. You simply cannot complain that ABRA is the cause of this - uncreative.
Noah Raizman
Washington, DC

R_Gilbane
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2352 Post by R_Gilbane »

NoahR wrote: September 9th, 2021, 4:27 pm
R_Gilbane wrote: September 4th, 2021, 6:22 am Domaine really should just condo out the tasting room and lease it to members for $1/year. Let people who actually care program events for the space. As currently configured (and hours), it’s an absolute waste of space that Domaine (and members) are paying for. Now I know this is possibly the last thing Domaine management cares about but it fundamentally ignores the value members provide by using & enjoying the space (word of mouth or social media force multiplier).

It’s so obvious but clearly a bridge too far for management in terms of connecting the dots. Just another brick in the very tall wall they’ve managed to build over the years. Never met a group that loved stepping in it as much as this group.
I Stand With Bobby

At some point after this COVID nuclear winter, I’d love to be able to get together with wino friends, old and new, with the same degree of reckless abandon of previous years. You simply cannot complain that ABRA is the cause of this - uncreative.
8B192ACE-3884-4848-97D0-FE063638E969.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Robert of Loxley aka Reggie Dynamite aka Slim Victory aka Wee Willy Winkie aka Can’t Stop Won’t Stop

Well I never been to Spain
But I kinda like the music
Say the ladies are insane there
And they sure know how to use it
They don't abuse it
Never gonna lose it
I can't refuse it

PSA-BEWARE PUMP&DUMP SCHEMES BY FRAUDULENT WINEFLUENCERS

JoeD

#2353 Post by JoeD »

Morning Cage Rattlers.... got an email from MG last night and there is a tasting next week with Cornell (?) vineyards. You need to RSVP. I can't make it, but im sure the tastevin squad will be there.
-J0E D@BR0WSK1

R_Gilbane
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2354 Post by R_Gilbane »

JoeD wrote: September 10th, 2021, 4:16 am Morning Cage Rattlers.... got an email from MG last night and there is a tasting next week with Cornell (?) vineyards. You need to RSVP. I can't make it, but im sure the tastevin squad will be there.
I AM READY TO ROCK.
Robert of Loxley aka Reggie Dynamite aka Slim Victory aka Wee Willy Winkie aka Can’t Stop Won’t Stop

They don't abuse it
Never gonna lose it
I can't refuse it

Justin K

#2355 Post by Justin K »

Hello WineBerserkers! I just moved to DC from Orange County, and I currently have my wine stored in Wine Cellar Club in Irvine, CA. I don't know if this is the correct place or not, but do you have any recommendations of where to rent cellar space in DC? Is Domaine Storage a good option? And is there a waitlist currently?

This looks like a fun group of people at Domaine, so I have my fingers crossed!

Justin
K 1 t a

scott c
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2356 Post by scott c »

c 1 @ f f e e

"By serving the best, never the most, a host compliments both himself and guest, and compensates with additional enjoyment what he wisely limits in number of drinks."
-Julian P. ("Pappy") Van Winkle, Sr.

JoeD

#2357 Post by JoeD »

Hello friends - that Dunn event was really fun! When can we get can the band back together for our next study of excess?

Justin K - welcome to the swamp. Domaine does offer storage, but you will need to call JohnP or MattG to find if they have space available- they are the local contacts.
-J0E D@BR0WSK1

John Telford
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2358 Post by John Telford »

Justin K wrote: September 21st, 2021, 7:02 pm Hello WineBerserkers! I just moved to DC from Orange County, and I currently have my wine stored in Wine Cellar Club in Irvine, CA. I don't know if this is the correct place or not, but do you have any recommendations of where to rent cellar space in DC? Is Domaine Storage a good option? And is there a waitlist currently?

This looks like a fun group of people at Domaine, so I have my fingers crossed!

Justin
Domaine provides a very good service. Let me know if you have any specific questions and welcome to the area!

Andrew M
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2359 Post by Andrew M »

Count me in for the next sesh. I only use Domaine to receive shipments and store weird shaped bottles of champagne that won’t fit in my fridges at home, but I can bring still wines from my fridges at home when I’m in DC every couple weeks.
M @ k $ ! m ø v ! ç

R_Gilbane
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2360 Post by R_Gilbane »

It’s that time of year. When the leaves start to change colors and we get the itch for split roasted suckling pig verticals of aged Mayacamas. Let there be blood. This Saturday at domaine.

They don't abuse it
Never gonna lose it
I can't refuse it

JoeD

#2361 Post by JoeD »

i've got mayacamus 80, 82, and 85 if that helps?
-J0E D@BR0WSK1

JoelD
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2362 Post by JoelD »

JoeD wrote: October 6th, 2021, 7:14 am Hello friends - that Dunn event was really fun! When can we get can the band back together for our next study of excess?

Justin K - welcome to the swamp. Domaine does offer storage, but you will need to call JohnP or MattG to find if they have space available- they are the local contacts.
Sad I missed this. But I'd love to join the next one. I see you posted about Mayacamas, I have the 83 actually.

I spoke with Matt recently and tasting room is fully open for tastings whenever. He is also talking about doing a holiday BYO sometime in early December.
D a v i d s o n

JoeD

#2363 Post by JoeD »

Hey all - does anyone have pictures from that rather impressive 30+ year Caymus vertical we did back in 2019?
-J0E D@BR0WSK1

Andrew M
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2364 Post by Andrew M »

Gauging interest - I’m stopping by Domaine next Thursday the 28th in the afternoon and would open each of the 2017 Burlotto Acclivi/Cannubi/Monvigliero to sample. Any takers? Maybe between 4-6?
M @ k $ ! m ø v ! ç

JoelD
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2365 Post by JoelD »

Andrew M wrote: October 18th, 2021, 2:31 pm Gauging interest - I’m stopping by Domaine next Thursday the 28th in the afternoon and would open each of the 2017 Burlotto Acclivi/Cannubi/Monvigliero to sample. Any takers? Maybe between 4-6?
I'll likely be down for this as I plan to be at Domaine that afternoon anyways to handle some shipments. I don't have any 2017 barolo, but I definitely have some 2015/2016 from other producers that I could kill in the name of research.

I'm hearing some 2017's are drinking quite well right now.
D a v i d s o n

Andrew M
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2366 Post by Andrew M »

JoelD wrote: October 19th, 2021, 10:22 am
Andrew M wrote: October 18th, 2021, 2:31 pm Gauging interest - I’m stopping by Domaine next Thursday the 28th in the afternoon and would open each of the 2017 Burlotto Acclivi/Cannubi/Monvigliero to sample. Any takers? Maybe between 4-6?
I'll likely be down for this as I plan to be at Domaine that afternoon anyways to handle some shipments. I don't have any 2017 barolo, but I definitely have some 2015/2016 from other producers that I could kill in the name of research.

Cool, I’m gonna lock this in with Matt. No need to open anything, I bought more of these than I need and wanna see what I’ve got
M @ k $ ! m ø v ! ç

Max K

#2367 Post by Max K »

Andrew M wrote: October 20th, 2021, 7:26 am

Cool, I’m gonna lock this in with Matt. No need to open anything, I bought more of these than I need and wanna see what I’ve got
I'd be up for it, if there's a spot.
Max Kelly

Andrew M
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2368 Post by Andrew M »

Come on down
M @ k $ ! m ø v ! ç

JoelD
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2369 Post by JoelD »

Sounds good, I'll plan on being there. Did you mean 4-6 people or 4-6pm?
D a v i d s o n

Andrew M
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2370 Post by Andrew M »

JoelD wrote: October 20th, 2021, 11:27 am

Sounds good, I'll plan on being there. Did you mean 4-6 people or 4-6pm?
Ah, sorry, 4-6 pm. I’ll probably get there around 3:30 and take an hour or so to deal with shipments, and then we can start tasting until we get the boot

As of now there’s only 3 of us that I know of so there’s definitely room for more
M @ k $ ! m ø v ! ç

JoeD

#2371 Post by JoeD »

Have fun boys, hopefully Mr Gilbane will grace you with his large presence. Dressed in a Habs jersey, showing pictures of statues.

Also, having JoelD and JoeD chiming in on the same thread is confusing!
-J0E D@BR0WSK1

Andrew M
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2372 Post by Andrew M »

Max K wrote: October 20th, 2021, 7:45 am

See you guys tomorrow, pulling corks around 4:30. Should be 4 of us in attendance
M @ k $ ! m ø v ! ç

JoelD
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2373 Post by JoelD »

Andrew M wrote: October 27th, 2021, 6:08 pm
Max K wrote: October 20th, 2021, 7:45 am

See you guys tomorrow, pulling corks around 4:30. Should be 4 of us in attendance
See you then. I may open a bottle of 08 champagne that I want to try if you guys have any interest.
D a v i d s o n

R_Gilbane
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2374 Post by R_Gilbane »

Sorry folks I was out of town doing super important stuff (or not, it's unclear if anything I do truly matters anymore). Let's cast the net again and see if we catch something interesting. What say everyone to a wild rumpus to celebrate the impending turkey holiday? Good? Great? Gravy? Check, check and check.

They don't abuse it
Never gonna lose it
I can't refuse it

JoelD
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2375 Post by JoelD »

R_Gilbane wrote: November 8th, 2021, 3:19 pm Sorry folks I was out of town doing super important stuff (or not, it's unclear if anything I do truly matters anymore). Let's cast the net again and see if we catch something interesting. What say everyone to a wild rumpus to celebrate the impending turkey holiday? Good? Great? Gravy? Check, check and check.
I'd likely be in for this. When did you have in mind? If cleared with Matt ahead of time, he said there's options to stay after close.
D a v i d s o n

JoeD

#2376 Post by JoeD »

Which one of you rugrats ordered a huge Roll of Carpet or Cloth to the holding locker?
-J0E D@BR0WSK1

Guillermo M
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2377 Post by Guillermo M »

JoeD wrote: November 9th, 2021, 7:40 am Which one of you rugrats ordered a huge Roll of Carpet or Cloth to the holding locker?
That sounds funny. (Not that I’ll ever see it since I’m still on the waiting list.)
Guillermo M e n a

WOTY candidates as of 9/21:
2019 Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Sonnenuhr “Ur” alte Reben
2019 Huet Vouvray Le Haut-Lieu Sec
2019 Skouras Moschofilero Salto
2018 Carlisle Papera Ranch Zinfandel
2017 Artemis Karamolegos Pyritis Mega Cuvee Santorini
2019 Raúl Pérez Atalier a cruz das ánimas Rías Baixas

R_Gilbane
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2378 Post by R_Gilbane »

JoeD wrote: November 9th, 2021, 7:40 am Which one of you rugrats ordered a huge Roll of Carpet or Cloth to the holding locker?
Bro that's my tapestry. Of course I ordered it to Domaine. See my thread about tapestries and wine if you want to shed the scales of ignorance from your eyes. View a tapestry, ingest it with your mind and wash it down with the GC Juice if you want to experience nirvana.

They don't abuse it
Never gonna lose it
I can't refuse it

John Telford
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2379 Post by John Telford »

Cant say I every envisioned a posting starting with "Bro, that's my tapestry". Love it!

JoeD

#2380 Post by JoeD »

I can only imagine what your wife will say as you redecorate.... I guess it's 'better' than buying more old Oregon Pinot?

when we all going to party?
-J0E D@BR0WSK1

John Telford
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2381 Post by John Telford »

Restaurant help.....Have a friend coming in we always go to 1789 (old school, quiet, not noisy, wood panels, corkage)....they are closed on the night we wanted. Any good suggestions? Need urgent (in other words next week....we need to get in!)

Guillermo M
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2382 Post by Guillermo M »

John Telford wrote: November 17th, 2021, 12:40 pm Restaurant help.....Have a friend coming in we always go to 1789 (old school, quiet, not noisy, wood panels, corkage)....they are closed on the night we wanted. Any good suggestions? Need urgent (in other words next week....we need to get in!)
Ok, old school and not noisy... (not sure about corkage)

Charlie Palmer (steaks, enough space between tables for lobbyist to talk to members of Congress without being overheard)

The Lafayette at the Hay Adams

Taberna del Alabardero (Spanish, extremely old school otherwise)

Cafe Milano (Italian, ok food, but as DC as DC restaurants get)

Rasika (Indian, but again, very DC)

If it can be out of the city: L’Auberge Chez François

DC's restaurant scene is moving trendier by the day (and smaller spaces) so, old school and not noisy with fairly decent food is really hard IMO.

I hope this helps.
Guillermo M e n a

WOTY candidates as of 9/21:
2019 Selbach-Oster Zeltinger Sonnenuhr “Ur” alte Reben
2019 Huet Vouvray Le Haut-Lieu Sec
2019 Skouras Moschofilero Salto
2018 Carlisle Papera Ranch Zinfandel
2017 Artemis Karamolegos Pyritis Mega Cuvee Santorini
2019 Raúl Pérez Atalier a cruz das ánimas Rías Baixas

Return to “Event Planner - Online or Offline”