Domaine Wine Storage - DC Thread

Announcements and planning of events, including in-person (when possible!) and virtual/video/online events
etomasi

Re: Domaine Wine Storage - DC Thread

#2301 Post by etomasi »

Wait, so I need to put back my mag of '01 G-max?
---
Eric Tomasi
CT: Ericindc

R_Gilbane
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2302 Post by R_Gilbane »

This thread is the last refuge from the oppressive hand of those who wish the death of wine democracy. I’ve been told in no uncertain terms that this board has no room for “spam postings or nonsense”. Thank goodness for the tasting room at Domaine which I am now employing as a temporary HQ for future freedom oriented operations.

But to get back to your original query, Yes the dream of fine wine in a relaxed setting is indeed real. I’ll be there on Saturday at 12 eating a ham sandwich and drinking some older Thomas. All those who oppose pumping and dumping wines in secretive Facebook groups are welcome to join.
Bobby

etomasi

#2303 Post by etomasi »

lol @ a private club being an HQ for anything "freedom" related.
---
Eric Tomasi
CT: Ericindc

R_Gilbane
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2304 Post by R_Gilbane »

etomasi wrote: May 31st, 2019, 12:56 pm lol @ a private club being an HQ for anything "freedom" related.
Easy there comrade. Freedom is never free.
Bobby

R_Gilbane
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2305 Post by R_Gilbane »

Pumped for today’s Domaine Tasting. Breaking out some interesting selections that need some TLC. Started at 1 and should go until 3.

D886515C-8D01-4C8A-99E0-212CC852DF55.jpeg
AE211CA6-E2A1-4ED4-9CFC-7593344BFC78.jpeg
Left to right....

‘97 Hartwell Stags Leap
‘69 Mayacamas
‘80 Mayacamas
‘00 Cameron Abbey Ridge L&E Cuvée
‘16 Cameron Rouge de Gris
‘05 Baudry Guillot
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bobby

R_Gilbane
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2306 Post by R_Gilbane »

Update: due to overcrowding, we’ve been asked to move locations. Temporarily heading to my house before the table opens up at Le Dip.

Edit: stop asking me if we need krug. Of course we do. The next time someone says no to krug will be the first time somebody says no to krug. Just bring it already. Talking to you Berg.

Edit: Berg, where are you? Pick up the phone. We are getting concerned and need more petrossian ASAP.
Bobby

JoeD

#2307 Post by JoeD »

Hey All - is the plan to still do this weeks tasting on Bobbys catamaran? Docks in front of the wharf @ 1pm?
-J0E D@BR0WSK1

AndrewH

#2308 Post by AndrewH »

R_Gilbane wrote: June 1st, 2019, 10:18 am
‘80 Mayacamas
I take it the contributor of this left the Sale $15.95 sticker on for show?
Andrew H e i m e r t

R_Gilbane
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2309 Post by R_Gilbane »

NOTE TO NOAH: I AM NO LONGER ACCEPTING APOLOGIES FOR YOUR FAILURES.
Bobby

HoosJustinG
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2310 Post by HoosJustinG »

Anyone else experiencing super long delays on incoming wine being logged? Going on 3-4 weeks now... I know it’s shipping season, but damn.
I'm a good man ... in fact, it's my last name

John Telford
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2311 Post by John Telford »

HoosJustinG wrote: October 12th, 2020, 6:16 pm Anyone else experiencing super long delays on incoming wine being logged? Going on 3-4 weeks now... I know it’s shipping season, but damn.
I have not noticed such delays......but will keep my eyes open!

JoeD

#2312 Post by JoeD »

All i've noticed is that some of the 'louder' members of this thread have 20+ boxes in the holding locker... I'd assume those jokers are causing the delays.
-J0E D@BR0WSK1

HoosJustinG
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2313 Post by HoosJustinG »

JoeD wrote: October 13th, 2020, 10:03 am All i've noticed is that some of the 'louder' members of this thread have 20+ boxes in the holding locker... I'd assume those jokers are causing the delays.
Assume this meant me. I’d point out 2 things:
1) You have to put in pull requests multiple days before coming to pick up wine. When I’m driving from 2 hours away, sometimes that’s going to mean days won’t sync up perfectly. I’m not sure how having wine in a holding locker would cause delays other than the initial labor of pulling it, though... Especially since in many cases, it’s not pulls but rather I think the wine is literally just pulled off a pallet from an auction house and set aside in there (see #2).

2) When your locker is full, you don’t get notification of wines arriving (or Domaine having delivered wine from auction houses which does not happen on a regular schedule). Not knowing that you have more wine on site than you have room for makes it difficult to clear room in your locker unless you’re regularly there in person to keep tabs... Again, not living in town, this isn’t realistic for some. It’s hard to know exactly how full a locker is just by looking online because bottles come in different shapes and sizes. For instance, my 18 case locker is full. Online shows 189 bottles in my locker—not quite 16 cases. Unless I’m told I don’t have any more room, how would I know that?
I'm a good man ... in fact, it's my last name

Sh@n A

#2314 Post by Sh@n A »

I have wine that is 2 months delayed for processing in Domaine's NJ facility/
/ @ g r @ \

Alex Valdes
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#2315 Post by Alex Valdes »

I too have about 20 boxes in holding (some since mid Dec). They emailed me yesterday and told me about 2-4 more weeks until wines are processed.

JoeD

#2316 Post by JoeD »

HoosJustinG wrote: February 9th, 2021, 7:42 am
JoeD wrote: October 13th, 2020, 10:03 am All i've noticed is that some of the 'louder' members of this thread have 20+ boxes in the holding locker... I'd assume those jokers are causing the delays.
1) You have to put in pull requests multiple days before coming to pick up wine. When I’m driving from 2 hours away, sometimes that’s going to mean days won’t sync up perfectly. I’m not sure how having wine in a holding locker would cause delays other than the initial labor of pulling it, though... Especially since in many cases, it’s not pulls but rather I think the wine is literally just pulled off a pallet from an auction house and set aside in there (see #2).

2) When your locker is full, you don’t get notification of wines arriving (or Domaine having delivered wine from auction houses which does not happen on a regular schedule). Not knowing that you have more wine on site than you have room for makes it difficult to clear room in your locker unless you’re regularly there in person to keep tabs... Again, not living in town, this isn’t realistic for some. It’s hard to know exactly how full a locker is just by looking online because bottles come in different shapes and sizes. For instance, my 18 case locker is full. Online shows 189 bottles in my locker—not quite 16 cases. Unless I’m told I don’t have any more room, how would I know that?
Nope! I dont know you personally, so I would never fire such snark your way! I was talking about MR CAPS GILBANE who causally left a pallet of Oregon Gems just chillin in the middle of the aisle at Domaine. There are others as well - looking at you DR Noah.

Justin - I hope we can meet safely soon!! :)
-J0E D@BR0WSK1

R_Gilbane
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2317 Post by R_Gilbane »

JoeD wrote: February 10th, 2021, 8:55 am
HoosJustinG wrote: February 9th, 2021, 7:42 am

Nope! I dont know you personally, so I would never fire such snark your way! I was talking about MR CAPS GILBANE who causally left a pallet of Oregon Gems just chillin in the middle of the aisle at Domaine. There are others as well - looking at you DR Noah.

Justin - I hope we can meet safely soon!! :)

Nothing casual about it. It was done with malicious intent.
Bobby

R_Gilbane
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2318 Post by R_Gilbane »

PARTY TIME IS SOON. CHECK YOUR INBOXES FOR INVITE AND DIRECTIONS!!!!
Bobby

John Telford
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2319 Post by John Telford »

Hey everyone, this is probably the wrong area to post this note BUT, I have been a customer at Domaine DC since they opened and have probably run into many of you in the tasting room (which I look forward to seeing open back up). I am looking for some suggestions of tasting groups, societies, clubs, etc in the greater DC area to join. Do any of you belong to any or know of any? I am looking forward to life after covid!

JoeD

#2320 Post by JoeD »

Team - did we finalize a date for Alpaca's & Albarinos? Mid May; outside in NOVA still the plan?
-J0E D@BR0WSK1

R_Gilbane
GCC Member
GCC Member

#2321 Post by R_Gilbane »

JoeD wrote: April 8th, 2021, 8:44 am Team - did we finalize a date for Alpaca's & Albarinos? Mid May; outside in NOVA still the plan?
Yes the invite was sent out. May have gone to the wrong email. Will resend. Good news is Bryan F has agreed to send the 102 day dry aged Dino hangers gratis as long as we post to the gram. Also have the sea bugs coming in hot and enough shellfish to match Steve and Chris’ hoard of aged raveneau and salon. Will need to confirm the black gold though with Betty. Last time she brought way too much caviar (I know I can’t believe I just wrote that).

Do we have a line on the suckling pigs yet though? Andy was supposed to handle that.
Bobby

JoeD

#2322 Post by JoeD »

Thanks for the email Bobby! ill bring the champagne sabre.
-J0E D@BR0WSK1

Return to “Event Planner - Online or Offline”