SQN Tasting Dinner NYC - Friday 3rd May

I’m going to be up in NYC for that weekend and I’m trying to organise an SQN tasting dinner on Friday 3rd May, I will supply the wines, I’m thinking of doing some of the younger SQN’s - both EBA and new release to see how they’re progressing…I’m also going to open up a 2010 Chimere…

Now just need to find an appropriate venue…who’s in and any suggestions on venue?

I’m interested - sounds like an event worth coming down from Boston for…

Can’t help with venue suggestions - I’m pretty disconnected from the NYC scene.

I’d certainly be game. Peking Duck house is always accommodating. I am sure we could find other venues

I’d be interested.

I’m interested too…

I am interested as well. Would be my first offline and would enjoy meeting up with some from the NYC area. Very generous offer with the SQN wines, Duncan.

recently had a wine dinner at tocqueville… management seemed really willing to work with diners…

Duncan,

Is this happening? I could contribute but need to get bottles out of storage this week.

Hi everyone. The response for this dinner was overwhelming and unfortunately I couldn’t accommodate everyone as I wanted to keep the size to 12 people max for 2oz pours from 750ml bottles; I have mailed everyone who’s in. Sorry to disappoint those who missed out, but I’m hoping to make this a regular event, so there should be plenty of opportunities

When I think of PDH, I think of burgs not SQN.

Not to be a jerk but as the second one to respond to the thread how did I not make the cut.

If you are going to post an offline in the offline section and then “book” it in some other manner I’m at a loss for why you bothered posting it here at all.

yeah PDH is for burgs but I had a brain fart as to where else to suggest having it in NYC

I would like to think that he probably already had some of the group in mind, maybe personal friends in NYC, and then maybe worked with others on PM’s to round out the group. I don’t feel like I was skipped over, just didn’t work out. Based on the lack of responses in the actual thread for such a generous event, I imagine Duncan received a lot of PM’s.

It was also posted on the other board.