Wines of TRB in NYC! February 25, 2013 sign up and post wine.

Just got my shipments of wine we ordered at Black Sears and Outpost in May. Makes me want to have a “Wines of Thomas Rivers Brown” festival in New York. Maybe in February when it’s cold and you need to be fortified against the weather with some serious flavorful wine. Anyone else interested? We have Rivers Marie, Outpost, Black Sears and some Schrader, although the Schrader would be infanticide.

Here are the details

Rothmann’s Steakhouse, Three East 54th Street, Manhattan. 6:30 pm (assemble, chat and order at about 7pm to bring in the stragglers); February 25, 2013. Order off the menu and we’ll just split the tab. We’ll order appetizers and sides to share. Post wines and we’ll divide up flights by grape. Maybe we an get a Rivers Marie Cab verticle and an Outpost Cab verticle. I have most of both of those so I will fill in.

Attendees and wines:

Jay Hack - 2007 Outpost True Vineyard Cab; 2010 Black Sears
Dan Hammer - 2008 Schrader Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer To-Kalon Vineyard
Joe Dabrowski - 2008 Outpost True cab
Jeff Lewis - Hobel ?
Ross W.
Thomas Rippe - 2009 Outpost Howell Mtn; 2009 Rivers-Marie Chardonnay B. Thieriot Vineyard
Andrew Glass
Marc Leno
Craig Haserot

Sure. Keep me posted.

Jay,

February is a busy month for me. Keep me in the loop. I would gladly drink one of my Schraders and with you and Mike. I think a Black Sears and Schraders dinner would be [welldone.gif]

Sounds like fun. Count me in to bring some Rivers Marie…
I am also up for a Westchester tasting.

Jay, I have interest. Either NYC or Westchester fine w/me, I’m in CT. I can bring some Bisou, which TRB is making for James Johnson.

I’d be up for making the trip from Philly if schedule allows! Keep me posted.

I’d be interested in either NYC or Westchester. If Westchester, I can help with a place if you need (private room and no corkage). I can bring Maybach or RM

Please include me too. I can bring Schrader, Maybach, RM or Outpost. Maybe a different vineyard or vintage if all already are spoken for, say RM Panek or Corona vs. regular RM Cab.

After a slow start, it looks like this is building some momentum. December is too busy and I already have two blind dinners scheduled for January, so I am looking at February. I am thinking Rothmann’s Steakhouse on 54th in Manhattan because you need real food to go with TRB wines and they will usually play ball with me. I will look at the calendar and take a poll. I am thinking Monday, February 25, because it’s the day after Purim, and for those of you who do not know, you are supposed to drink lots of wine on Purim.

Being Gentile, I will just go with: “Hey, it’s Monday!”

Feb 25 looks good for me, and a Manhattan location is much better for me than elsewhere

We can adopt you for one day. It’s our best holiday. You are supposed drink so much wine that when they read the story, you can’t tell the difference between the good guy and the bad guy.

Sounds like an average weekend in my house. :slight_smile:

If you all have the space, I can make it a point to be in NYC for this.

Put me down amigos!!!

I spoke to the Sommelier at Rothmann’s last night - 54th Street just off Fifth Avenue in the BIG Apple. Monday February 25th looks fine, but he told me they would even prefer Sunday the 24th. I like the idea of a Sunday because it’s not necessary to rush out of work, show up in a suit, and watch your Blackberry throughout the dinner. However, I know that some of the young-uns in the group have a problem with weekends because they need to play chauffeur to their children. So I ask which day should I choose? Please answer in the following manner:

I prefer X but I can attend on Y.
I don’t care.
I can’t make either date.
I prefer date X and cannot make date Y.

Unless it’s a tie, I will tilt towards the day that gets the most people because there is a TON of TRB wine available to try.

I prefer Sunday but I can attend on Monday.

Thanks Jay!

I prefer date Monday and cannot make date Sunday.

I don’t care, but my Mom would have been 91 on the 25th.

prefer Monday, and cannot make Sunday.