Announcing Chicago Bearserkerfest, May 17-19 w PREPAY INSTRUCTIONS

Okay, here is how we will proceed…

For Friday night at Blue Star Bistro, the all-in cost per person is $72.00

For Saturday night at Sun Wah Chinese BBQ, the all-in cost per person is $37.50.

The MANDATORY
cost per person for stemware rental is $4.00 for the entire weekend. Do not pay $4 per person per night!!!

So if you could please add up your $/bodies per night, subtotal, and at the end, add $4.00 per person, and send your Paypal payment (select “personal gift” option) to—

rspp
@
mppackaging.com

as soon as possible… I do not wish to be dealing with this late next week— let’s get it done quickly, folks…

All payments will be tallied on spreadsheets for each night, so we will have clear records (unless I screw that up, too.) [smileyvault-ban.gif]

Thanks,
Rob

• We have arranged a package to rent 240 Bdx stems for the weekend (plus washing fees), and must price this per attendee, no matter how many events they participate in.

So we had discussed this at an earlier OL here in town, and everyone seemed to have forgotten about it.

So next May (the 17th to 19th is between Mother’s Day and Memorial day and might work), we need to get the first Chicago Bearserkerfest in gear.

We can get a lot of folks into Sun Wah for duck and such, and I am pretty certain we can count on the many connections of the board members to get other establishments lined up.

A sodden golf outing should be counted on, and probably Jordan Whitehead’s back yard for other events. [snort.gif] [cheers.gif]

Updated—
from what has been offered below, tentative schedule?—

Friday night possibly, either Bristol, or Michael in Winnetka
Saturday, Cub’s game then to Phillip Cobb’s, then to Sun Wha (or a tasting at Domaine instead of the Cubs?)
Saturday night, Sun Wah
Sunday, golf, then off to (okay with you, J?) Jordan Whitehead’s home

The list is started… at about 67 + 0 tentative… and a thanks to George, David, Mel, Jeb and Tex, 3-Liter bottle of Jamie Kutch’s 2009 McDougall Ranch Pinot!!!

Keith A k e r s
RPS +1 for Sun Wah only
Corey N.
Jordan Whitehead +1

Mel Hill +1 for Sunday afternoon
Matt Latuchie +1
Phillip Cobb
Jim Brennan +1

Ryan Kilkenney (+1 Sunday only)
Mark Fister
Steve Albrecht

Chris Freemott +1
Carlos Delpin
David Kolin +1

Debbie Holm
Rowen Bell
Tim F.
Bob Summers
Jimmy Gillingham

Clayton Wai-Poi+1
George Hejna +1

Victor Hong +1
Bill Bucklew
Greg Golec
Ken Kailin

David Tietz

Tim M
Chris Weaver +1
S. Camhi +1

Izzy Noznik +1
Jordan Jacobs +1 Friday and Sunday, 1 for golf

Ben van Guilder
Mark Pecken
Nick Ch ee k
Jamie Kutch

Jay Carroll (Fri+Sun) +1
Chris Blum + 1 (17th 18th(eve) 19th)
Nola and maybe Juan Palomar

B Stucker
Jay Hack
Chris Hughes (Fri only)

Scott McDonald Fri/Sat/Sat
Scott Hinden

Tentative…

Shane C.

Wait list…

Depending on how upscale and where folks want to go, I can talk to the chef/proprietor of Restaurant Michael in Winnetka Happened to go there tonight and it was pretty yummy.

Michael would be superb— we could like, commandeer Metra cars for the ride to Winnetka.

How happy he’d be to handle 50-60 of us on Friday or Saturday night, hmmm…

[wow.gif]

I’m guessing Saturday might be a bit tough, but I imagine Friday would be doable. If that ends up being the group decision, I’d be happy to coordinate logistics, since Michael is good friends with my uncle.

I would be game.

I certainly would suggest a massive Wagyu grill extravaganza.

Whithout discussing this with the most beautiful women in the world I think we could host a cookout. Love the sun wah plan, a great place for a large OL.
I can rent one of those huge weber grills from my local hardware store but would need help cooking for a WB’er crowd.

Count me in!

Cooking assistance is hereby volunteered. [cheers.gif]

I can help. Pretty sure we could round up some “professional” help.

Plus we will have an extra room for those wishing to discuss politics…

You built an addition in the bottom of the pond?

I might consider it, but can we arrange a side trip to Wrigley? THe last of the old ball parks I have never been to.

looking forward to it

I could even bring the helmet.

Cubs are home against the Mets the weekend of May 18th.

And tix should be not too much of a problem… [soap.gif]

For the Friday part of it, I think we could grab the entire top room of the Bristol.

I’m all for Mel’s for a cookout. We won’t have to worry about the neighbors complaining about the smoke being kicked up.

Oh yea, I’m in

Also, I’ll say it right now, I want to be at either the burgundy or piedmont/Italian table

If you have it Saturday the 11th of May, I’m in, as I likely will be going through Chicago at that very time

I’m going to try to swing a trip out for this! [cheers.gif]