Third Wednesday in New York - August 19 - Riesling and its Friends

At the request of Jorge, I am posting our Third Wednesday in NYC monthly OL here as well as on that other BB. Here is what is posted there. You can go check it out there or lurk there or post here or do whatever you want. I will keep a master list of attendees over there.

We’ve gone through Rioja, Cote Rotie, Blind Cabs, Pinot and Sauvignon Blanc. For August, we’ve picked Riesling, Gruner Veltliner and Rieslaner (Gewurztraminer if you insist).

Temporary location change: Peking Duck House - 53rd Street between Second and Third Avenues - because that seems to be a better good pairing. Assemble at 6:30. Order food at 7:00. We will order lots of duck and plenty of other goodies. Bring glasses this time - PDH wine glasses are not the best thing they do.

Here is the general idea: {the link doesn’t hold, you’ll have to go to EBOB and find the thread for this event and follow the link there}

Post your name and wine choice. There’s no price point requirements on this one, but I just stopped by Crush and looked at what they have and if I said something in the range of $30-$60, that encompasses lots of good stuff. Blowing out the top of the range is never criticized. If I can find a Keller GG, that’s what I’m going to bring, but I’m all out of them.

PDH can accomodate multiple tables in the back room, so the All Are Welcome rule continues to apply.

Jay,

Thanks for posting over here, I was going to email you about this. I am in. I think I have a Muller Catoir Rieslaner which I would be happy to bring if I can find it. Otherwise I will be appropriately Riesling-laden upon my arrival. :wink:

OK. You’re in. I’ll add you to the list over yonder.

I’m really hoping for Lyle. He loves Riesling and I can’t wait to post L*** F*** over there!!

At the request of Jorge? What am I, chopped liver?

Unfortunately, I will be in Puerto Rico…the life of Jay Miller as a retailer.

Jay,

I think with a group this size blind tasting is kinda pointless. It’s going to be chaos as it is. A small group of 6-8 (maybe up to 10) is a better setting for tasting blind.

Please do not dissapear from sight on the PR Wine Boards dime.
As much as a 6 hour houseboat dinner cruise down the Río Grande de Manatí di Río Cialitos di Río Barbas with Puerto Rico’s top winemaker might seem alluring, don’t do it. [bow.gif]

He’s the one who asked me to post the OL.