Long Beach Friday 7/31, Bistro 212º

Getting things going again in the LBC, come on out for a casual evening of wine, food and camaraderie at your friendly neighborhood Bistro 212º. We’ll be relaxing on the back patio, one of Long Beach’s best-kept secrets for a delicious meal. Bistro 212º features New American cuisine with some Latin flourishes, and is compatible with a range of wine styles. Go ahead and bring what you want for this evening. Corkage is a reasonable $5.

Bistro 212º
2708 E 4th St
Long Beach
562-439-8822
Map: Google Maps

We’ll meet at 7. Parking is available on adjacent streets, and is fairly plentiful. As usual, we’ll cap it at 12.

1. Kriss Reed
  2. Charlie Fu
  3. Chris White
  4. Carolyn Stoops
  5. Cris Whetstone
  6. Leslie Goldsmith
  7. Bruce Weimer
  8. Andy Velebil
  9. Donna Gaynor
  10. Ricardo Montecinos
  11. Stetson Robbins
  12. Veronica Castro

I should be able to make it, day after the Bar!

We’ll toast to your future legal beagle mojo. Cool.

Relaxing on the back patio sounds fabulous. I’m in!

Bringing it back to the LBC. Hook me up. [drinks.gif]

Sorry Kriss - Friday nights are tough. I want to make this restaurant someday though.
Eldon

So wish I could have stretched the time out to make this one, but I’ll miss you guys by a weekend. [oops.gif]

Oh well, next time!

Count me in.

Bruce Weimer

Things changed. Sign me up I can make it finally, YAAHOO [drinkers.gif]

Sweet! Glad to have you aboard, Officer. [berserker.gif]

I went by 212 tonight to pick up the dinner menu, which will closely resemble what we’ll see on the 31st. You can use this to plot wine choices accordingly. (I am sure we can ask them to dial down the spice on some of these)

Appetizers
Papaya Quesadilla topped with a Habanero Ruby Pomegranate cream sauce
Breaded and fried Manchego cheese with a red bell pepper flake dipping sauce.

Soups and Salads
Asparagus soup
Tortilla soup topped with avocados & crème fraiche
Latin Salad – BBQ Romaine lettuce topped with tortilla strips & pepita dressing
Organic spinach salad with fresh strawberries, Feta cheese and a mixed berry vinaigrette
Garden salad with balsamic vinaigrette

Sandwiches & Burgers (served with shoestring fries)
Angel’s Cuban sandwich
Roasted vegetable sandwich
The Bistro’s Signature burger
Angus Beef burger

Entrées
Petite Filet Mignon topped with hoisin & golden raisin reduction, served with buttermilk & Ancho chile mashed potatoes
Camarones Aijillo – Shrimp sautéed with garlic, parsley & red pepper flakes, with a side of white lime rice and corn tortillas
Manicotti stuffed with Habanero cream Ricotta, topped with a meat Bolognese, served with garlic bread
Fettucine Habanero Alfredo topped with a grilled chicken breast, Parmesan cheese and parsley, served with garlic bread

Dessert
Warm vanilla and chocolate brioche pudding with Crème Anglaise
Fruit tart with strawberry coulis

I might be +1. my girlfriend might actually come out to a wine dinner. oh snaps. Everyone please bring Rieslings neener . She needs to be converted into enjoying wine!

I’ll bring the white zin for her [wink.gif]

andy, she only drinks 2002 beringer white zin~

Actually, given the piquant bent of the menu, rieslings and/or other off-dry wines could be the ticket. We normally get a good hodgepodge of styles, anyway, so she’ll like SOMETHING, at least. [dance2.gif]

Ricardo’s +1 Rachel has informed him that he will be on his own for the night, so we have room for one more happy wine camper. Any takers for some al fresco LBC good mojo? [berserker.gif]

my gf has dropped out as well!

The menu looks fabulous; thank you so much for taking the time to post that for us! Can’t wait!

I think I can go to this, if there is still room.

Thanks in advance

Mais, oui, madame! Welcome aboard.