Pre-Berserkerfest I NO CABS Dinner - Friday 8/14, Napa

As the other dinner has filled up, and seems to be a lot of Cab based wines, I’ll open up another dinner.

No cabs/bordeaux is the theme. Anything else goes. We can refine this if necessary.

Capping it at 10.

Hurley’s is no longer the location. New location TBD.

8:30PM is the time they could give us (or 6PM which I think is wayyy too early)

1. pfohl (rhone TBA)
  2. Jane Benjamin
  3. Mike Stoneking
  4. Dana Stoneking
  5. Samantha Sheehan (calif pinot)
  6. Cris Whetstone
  7. Veronica Castro
  8. Glenn Levine (zin, Roussanne)
  9. Glenn Murlin

I really appreciate the “anything goes” theme. Me plus one please!

Jeff, since we are in Cabland, Dana and I would love to go against the grain with the “anything else goes” theme. [berserker.gif]

Anything ELSE goes. No cabs or bordeaux please.
[thankyou.gif]

Thoughts on same restaurant at the others??

We could maybe get tables close together? While up and walking around isn’t always appreciated on a busy Friday night, close enough we might pass a bottle or 2 (not that I’m drinking Cabs but they may want to try good wines [berserker.gif] )

OR just do our own thing. Let’s start thinking wines and go from there. Rhones is my strength, older riojas maybe 2nd with a lot of calif pinots…

I’d like to join, can bring CA Pinot. Rutherford Grill is one of my favorite restaurants and doesn’t charge corkage. Hurleys has a BYOB night now on Friday

I’ll jump on this wagon. I don’t have anything that fits where the theme seems to have drifted on the other one anyways. [cheers.gif]

uno mas, por favor. Thanks!

Hurley’s is fun! count me in. Zin definitely, maybe some Roussanne?

If I can still attend this event at all I’m in for this offline.

Hurley’s has the room and should have the inclination to do whatever you want them to. (They are a bit slow since Bottega opened). Trust me on this – you want the wild boar, BY FAR the best thing on the menu and that is no slight to the other entrees.

Jewish boys luv them some Boar!!!

Anyone have strong preferences on location? I also hear good things about Redd. I like Mustard’s but find it pretty noisy (hard to carry on conversations) IIRC.

Love Redd, but after 2 bottles its $50 corkage per bottle. Mustards has no limit but they do charge. Not sure how much… No preference on location btw, whatever works.

I know the Wine Director over there (Redd). I can see if he is willing to work with you guys.

**Update - Email sent. Will let you know if I hear anything back.

if Hurley’s is doing BYOB why not just support their efforts?

Agreed. [berserker.gif]

http://www.hurleysrestaurant.com/pdfs/AllDay.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

claims we can only have 2 bottles for every 4 people BYOB.

Obviously Samantha knows things that aren’t on the web site.

We’re reserved, 10 people. 8:30PM

We can always change if Redd or Rutherford Grill become more attractive based on what Will finds out or if Hurley’s does limit our BYOB.

it is a nice restaurant. if we drink all night and sleep on the street i’d suggest Bouchon Bakery for B’fast.

I am friends with Bob Hurley, I’ll ask if we can bring all of our bottles free and move up the time to 7. Redd would be cool if they let us have free corkage, but if they don’t lets skip that and spend more on the wine :slight_smile: If neither Redd nor Hurleys works, Rutherford has fantastic food.