Last minute mini-Offline at toddland - 7.9.09

In honor of Josh Pictl’s visit to the area, we’re throwing together a last minute mini-offline. Starting with the Loire tasting at WineX at 4:30-ish, then In N Out for grub, then my place for more wine drinking.

It’s last minute, but I thought I’d throw it out there for any interested.

1. Toddland
  2. Wetrock
  3. Veronica Castro
  4. Josh Pictl
  5. you???

I can join at WineX and INO… but will likely not be able to make the long trip to the Castle.

Nothing like Savennieres and Sancerre with burgers.

are we keeping the theme of Loire whites for the entire evening or can we venture out into other French wines? Preferences anyone?

I think Todd called it French wine for the post In-n-Out festivities. I was just making a joke about going to a Loire tasting and then hitting fast food burgers. Somewhere a Terroirist is twitching. [wink.gif]

Well, we’re not drinking the Loire wines WITH the burgers…unless we bring a bottle and go Las Vegas style!

Any Frenchies are welcome - red or white. Or pink.

Todd et al. Traci and I may see you at Winex. I am heading to The Wine Cellar CLub on Thursday to pick up some stuff from my locker there and we may try to hit the Wine Ex tasting.

Can you join us for post-Winex festivities also?

Not sure. I think we need to head back up to my mom’s in Whittier.

can bring: 2000 Ch. Smith Haut Lafitte
plus something else for fun?

Best,
V

Sounds great, V!

(I like that you are taking my ‘V’ nickname now!

All my old work buddies at the 401k shop call me that, actually. Very perceptive of you!

I’m still claiming it for myself.

pileon

This is Frog wine, right? [bleh.gif]
Think I will pass.
HAve some friends flying in from Oregon so will probably pop some CA Pinot!!
Love INO though.

Eldon, if you want to come, you can bring a non-Frog.

Maybe we can convince Officer Port Velebil to spin on by on his bike and join us too…

watch out, the PC police might come and send you guys a PM about using the term Frog.
edit: oh wait i thought i was on ebob for a second. [pillow-fight.gif]

Since Eldon is close to WineX sounds like its frog wines and CA Pinots at Eldon’s. He’s clsoe enough we can get our In-n-Out to go. [stirthepothal.gif]

You talking “The Gestapo”? Far as I know, I am the only one to use that label on the e-Bob. That was NOT a [pillow-fight.gif]
Unfortunately, I cannot make it Thursday - or Friday - or Saturday - or Sunday. Not that I won’t be drinking, just not with ya’all.

Thought you were heading to Frenchie’s? Come on down if you want to diss off The Uber-…whatever! By the way, I have a crap load of French wines I want to get rid of. Leave my CA wines alone!!!