Boston Offline ***Date is 7/19/09***: Older school Napa names from 1987, 1991, and 1994.

Who would like to check in on their Chateau Montelena, Dominus, Spottswoode, Mondavi Reserve, Diamond Creek, La Jota, or Beringer PR or other Napa classics from 1987, 1991, and 1994?

Would be willing to host. Might even be able to score some local oysters which we could pair with a Champagne/Chenin/Sauvignon Blanc flight beforehand as needed - or perhaps after with Sauternes - post vast quantities of meat, that is!!!

Okay, let’s do this July 19 at 1pm. Please RSVP with what you will bring.
[cheers.gif]
Guestlist:

1. Alex Hay - 1987 Mondavi Reserve and H. Billiot Reserve NV & mystery sticky.
  2. Michael Malinoski - 1987 Chateau Montelena
  3. Tyler Rico - 1987 Caymus, an aged Sauternes, and the dessert
  4. Kevin Foley - 1991 Dominus
  5. Zach Lang - 1991 Pahlmeyer
  6. Peter Tryba - 1994 Dominus MAGNUM [dance2.gif] and a Champagne
  7. Peter C - 1994 Opus One and a 40 ounce of Keystone Light Beer for the tractor neener
  8. Bob Kaminski - 1994 Chateau Montelena and possibly a mystery old world ringer

Let’s cap it here, otherwise the pours will be too small. Thanks!

Menu:
Various starter wine and Champagne
Fresh Island Creek Oysters native from Duxbury on the half shell
Wheels of Brie
Water crackers
French bread (lots so as to last for the whole tasting)

Summer vegetable medley
Red skin mashed baby spuds
Vast quantities of beef

Various dessert wines
Vanilla bean ice cream topped with caramel and vanilla wafer

Soda water and brush ups for the ride home.

Please bring stemware and $25. See you Sunday! [berserker.gif]

Argh - you’re doing this just to tease me, right? [diablo.gif]

I would be up for something, I have a fair amount of 91 and 94 CA cabs. The only problem is it’s all in my locker in Sacramento. If we did do this, I would have to have some shipped out.

I have a few but the 11th wouldn’t work for me.

Is there an upcoming Saturday which would? Perhaps you could find a date which is also shipping-friendly to Tyler. [cheers.gif]

Alex, great idea. I have not been to an O/L…well since the last one at your place. Hmmm…Aug 1 may work for me. Let me check other dates.

update: I can bring a 94 Montelena (I got it from Bob Wood so if it sucks we can blame him [haha.gif] ). Also maybe I will bring a ringer, you know some of the old world crap that tastes like dirt and such. We should do it blind just for fun.

Date dependent, sounds great!

I’d contribute a 1994 Opus One.

Okay, so being summertime, this looks to be faily date dependant. Please choose whether Saturday July 11th is good or if Saturday August 1st is better. Start time is 1pm. If you think you might know what you might bring, please chime in as well!

Sorry to say that I can’t make either date, Alex.

My only qualifying bottle is the '87 Montelena. I will say that the '94 Opus (along with '96) is one of my favorite vintages for that wine–sorry to miss that one.

-Michael

Unfortunately I can’t do either date either.

The August date might work for me. If so, I could bring either a 94’ Spottswoode or a 94’ Diamond Creek Gravelly Meadow.

When you’re around mid-August or later I’ll chime in :smiley:

If it were a Sunday in August I would be willing to donate a magnum of Dominus 2004 to the cause.

I can do the weekend of July 18th or Aug 22nd…that’s it for me

Oh crap…I need to be at the Tryba offline!!!

I was going to say a mag on Montelena 94, but its covered. I could bring a mag of 94 Insignia instead. It has to be a Sunday.
Alex, do you need help sourcing those oysters? I might have access to some Cotuit oysters that would be caught the day of the event.

Dude, you’re killing me!

Anyone able to do Sunday, July 19th? Or is that too far away. I’d love to make this one!!!

As of right now July 19th is still open for me.

July 19 works for me too