Riesling/Burg Table at Saturday PDH Berserkerfest

No strict theme here, if you want to bring something else just suggest it. I’ll try to keep the first post updated with who’s coming/who’s bringing what.

Attendees:

Corey M. +1: 2001 Trimbach Cuvee Fredrich Emile, 2007 D’Angerville Champans.
David Z.: 2001 D’Auvenay Bonnes Mares + geekier stuff (tentative)
Michael L.: 2005 Robert Weil Kiedricher Grafenberg Spatlese, 2002 Pousse D’Or Volnay Clos des 60 Ouvrees
Dan R.: 1985 Castello di Monsanto Chianti Classico il Poggio Riserva, 1970 Ducru Beaucaillou and 2003 Almaviva.
Robin S.: 1996 Chapoutier L’Ermite
Mike S. and Dana: 2008 Kosta Browne Koplen PN and an 2005 Pegau CdP Reserve
Poppy D: 1983 Deinhard Graacher Himmelreich Auslese, 2002 Dom Perignon

1 spot remaining.

Bump. Trying to get some momentum for this table. I haven’t settled on exact wines yet, but I promise to bring both Riesling and a red Burg. On the Riesling front, perhaps an '05 Robert Weil Kiedricher Grafenberg Spatlese or an '04 Alzinger Steinertal, or something else good. On the Burg side, maybe an '07 Fourrier Gevrey-Chambertin Combes aux Moines or an '02 Pousse D’Or Volnay Clos des 60 Ouvrees.

I confirm I’m in. Thinking of bringing the D’Auvenay, and then maybe some geekier stuff.

I will crash this table, destroy the theme and appall my snooty AFWE dining companions with my ghastly plebeian palate. Count me in for three bottles: 1985 Castello di Monsanto Chianti Classico il Poggio Riserva, 1970 Ducru Beaucaillou and 2003 Almaviva.

As long as you don’t literally crash the table, that sounds good to me. I always like drinking 85s.

For riesling, I thought I might grab a bottle of that Lauer that caused such disagreement on the main board last week, just to get some more opinions on it. Or I have some 01 Trimbach Cuvee Fredrich Emile I can bring, but David’s already had one of mine and I liked it more than he did.

Still working on the burg …

OK. Now that I see the theme has been completely annihilated, I’d like to join this table with a bottle '96 l’Ermite (and possibly a geek white … absent of travel shock). Maybe time to change the title of the post?

From Chapoutier? That’s a wine I’d love to try. Please do join!!

In this crowd isn’t Chapoutier assumed? One thing’s for sure … Vacqueyras would NOT be a good way to represent from San Diego! Full disclosure: Ermitage. Rouge. BTW, is this going to be a fun table?

I dunno, I’d like to think I’m fun, but I’m probably not the best judge of that…

[quote=“Corey Miller”]No strict theme here, if you want to bring something else just suggest it. I’ll try to keep the first post updated with who’s coming/who’s bringing what.

Attendees:

Corey M.
David Z.
Michael L.
Dan R. 1985 Castello di Monsanto Chianti Classico il Poggio Riserva, 1970 Ducru Beaucaillou and 2003 Almaviva
Robin S.: 1996 Chpoutier L’Ermite

Failed attempt to edit the original post!

Also, Robin, Dan is more fun than he is admitting. We’ll have a good time.

Hi Corey, Can you add Dana and myself to this table. I like the way this table is shaping up. [cheers.gif]
I will post our wines shortly. Need to look a bit longer to add to the wild mix.

Yeah, definite postfail. Don’t know what happened there.

Robin, Mike, and Dana, welcome aboard. Don’t worry Robin, it’ll be fun.

How many seats per table?

I believe we are entitled to a 10-person table, which, by my count, means we have room for 2 more people.

This looks like a fun table – please count me in!

I’ll figure out the wine tomorrow.

I’m bringing a 1983 Deinhard Graacher Himmelreich Auslese and a 2002 Dom Perignon to start!

I will bring the '05 Robert Weil Kiedricher Grafenberg Spatlese and an '02 Pousse D’Or Volnay Clos des 60 Ouvrees. And perhaps something else small to start or finish - though nothing as nice as the '02 Dom Poppy has offered to bring.

Also, don’t forget to bring stems with you on Saturday.

To follow the lead of Dan, and due to the fact I have none of the subject wines, Dana and I will offer up an '08 KB Koplen PN and an '05 Pegau CdP Reserve.
I was never good at following directions, so why change now. [cheers.gif]
[berserker.gif]