Suntacular For Laura's House--August 6th, Noon @ The Murray Casa

I’ve been noodling some thoughts since Falltacular about how we could raise some more money for Laura’s House mid-year. Aside from Falltacular, which raised $14,000 this past January thanks to many of you on this board, it was a great success. Two links below offer insight as to 2011’s event:

Moving to the punch line, I’d like to get Suntacular off the ground. Premise is the same: raise money for Laura’s House, drink some fun wines, eat and hang out together all for a good cause. Jill and I will host the event at our place, of course. As opposed to the more complex size and sheer thrust of Falltacular, let’s conceive of Suntacular to be far more simpler, based on the following:

1. LICENSING–we’ll license this event with the ABC. We’ve built a fine rep for being above board and partnering with them, we’ll keep that relationship intact. In fact, I have already had conversations with them. License is in process.

2. DONATION–to get in, you have to do 2 things: make a donation AND bring a bottle of wine. Specifically, you must donate a minimum of $30 per person (more of course is encouraged, as this is about raising money to help the shelter) AND each person must bring a bottle of wine with no less than a minimum value of $30 (and like with the donation, you can bring a wine with a higher value if you wish!). I will not accept money at the door and I will not allow folks to attend without pre-mailing their check. This keeps things simple, fair and legally compliant. To be clear, the wine you bring we will DRINK! Once in the door, out with the cork. [cheers.gif]

3. FOOD–we’ll do the same routine with the food as Falltacular: you bring a side dish to share with everyone and you bring whatever you want cooked on the BBQ.

4. MISCELLANEOUS–No auction this time around, we’ll hold that for Falltacular 2012. You’ll need to bring stems. And, I will not post my address so if you plan on coming, you can get that from me via private message.

That’s it. I told you it was simple. The goal is pure: raise money for Laura’s House. The beauty of it all is that we have a great time doing it.

To attend, you simply need to mail a check for $30 (minimum) for each person you will bring, sent directly to Laura’s House via the following:

SUNTACULAR
c/o Laura’s House
999 Corporate Drive Suite 225
Ladera Ranch, CA
92694-2156

I truly do not know how much attendance to expect so at this stage, it’s wide open but I am going to reserve the option to limit attendance if we look to be getting too full. For now, just send checks to Laura’s and we will go from there. More info to follow but with only 5 weeks notice, I needed to get this posted and up for viewing ASAP. Once again, thank you for helping Jill and I support the charity, support the shelter and do something where we can all make a difference.

Of course, Dana and I are in. [cheers.gif]

Frank … Frank …
I am not sure that this is truly an FM3 post, because 67% of your wines of the year are French!!! OMFG!!!
However, I see that this is a Laura’s House 'tacular, and so I trust it is really you. As such, I see it as my mission to bring some non-French wines and try to drag you back from the dark (frog) side.
Check is in the mail!!!
Eldon

Excellent idea. A full year is just too long between ____taculars. We hope to be there!

Excellent idea and very generous. Let me check with the warden but I’m fairly certain chris and brig in for any *tacular.

IN! Gotta send check…

Lisa and I are IN!!!

[cheers.gif]

Nice work everyone. And, if possible, we can create a Burgundy corner and tie Eldon to that section of the house and make him drink there through the entire event. Eldon, what you need is some Cathiard or Sauzet and you may well forget about all that wine under your house.

Keep the confirmations coming, really appreciate it, as does Laura’s House.

Love it! Thanks Frankie and Jill!

Does that mean you’re attending, or you simply have fallen in love with some person named “it”. If the latter, then send a photo of your new love. If the former, then by god, that’s great.

Ok, confirmed we are in.

FMIII, I’d like to offer a challenge. Anyone willing to sign up for the “Diamond level” sponsorship at $50/person? anyone willing to match it and I’m in for $50 each.

There are many reasons why this event is under valued. Great host, people, great wine, great cause… I feel fortunate.

Diamond Level for Lisa and me.

I will be seeing your sweet face on August 6th!

What a fabulous idea Frankie… Count me in… I miss everyone, can’t wait…

Marla and I are in. Check in the mail this afternoon.

Many Thanks!

If our Canada trip gets postponed, Fe and I will be there. Will be finalizing plans over the weekend.

oof. have a wedding this day. next time =(

Brig - I need to check the date but if we can attend I’m in for the $50/person. I should know in a few days.

Jim

Frank, we will not be able to make Suntacular but I will send in a donation.

Atta boy, Bayani. Really appreciate it.

Thanks for the continued sign ups and support for the charity. We still have lots of space and we won’t get full here given it is summer so simply keep sending your checks to Laura’s and drop a post if you’re coming so I can keep tracking along how many to expect.