Date Change - Grand Cru Burgs in Northern Virginia - Now September 1?

Due to my apparent inability to choose a date that restaurants are available, this is changing again. I’ve put up a tentative date of September 1 and am going to be going back to some restaurants to make sure we have some options available to us. in the meantime please chime in (yet again) if you are available for the new date.

On July 1, corkage became legal in Virginia and I think we should celebrate.

The dinners have tended to run to the new world recently and I thought it would be fun to switch it up a bit and do Grand Cru Burgs (red or white) 02 or older. I’ll be calling around to find the restaurants that plan to offer corkage on the day and narrow down the restaurant choices from there, but wanted to assess interest.

Note: every effort will be made to make this happen near a metro to allow those in DC who would like to attend to make it out.

As far as open slots, everyone please let me know via post or PM if you plan to attend and how many are in your party. I’m fine with +1s. I’m hoping to get the group to around 12-15 people.

So far:
Gabe +1 - TBD and Ramonet Batard Montrachet 1997 + Backup for premox potential…

The wait list (aka People who have expressed interest but who I have not heard from on the new date):
Matt Latuchie
Marcus Stanley +1
Scott Claffee +1 (or 2?)
James Cahill +1
Frank Rosenberg
Tim Orourke - 99 Groffier Bonnes Mares and 2002 William Fevre Chablis Grand Cru Bougros Côte Bouguerots
Roland Varesko
Maureen Nelson
Paul Marquardt
Derek S

If you are on the wait list and would like to come, please let me know asap.

me

I updated the opening post as well, but I wanted to add that every effort will be made to make this happen near a metro to allow those in DC who would like to attend to make it out.

i’m interested. are you talking about doing this on july 1?

newhere

Yes, I’m getting to edit my post a lot…

IN

Likewise!

Love the idea, but that’s the Friday of the long weekend and we’ll be traveling.

hey gabe -

after reading Paul’s note, i remembered that I too will be getting a jump on the holiday weekend and will be out of town on 7/1. i will monitor the thread in case the date changes.

and as much as I’d love to join - I’ll be in Burgundy!!!

So it seems a date change is in order. Let me sort out some options for later in the summer and I’ll update the OP.

I’m interested. Any dates coming to mind?

I’m in.

(side note - shall we start a NOVA thread in the BYOB forum?)

Good Idea Joe.

Sorry on the date guys, I’ve been stalling as I am out of town almost every single day in July outside tomorrow.

Taking a quick look at a calendar, how about Thursday Aug. 11 or Thurs. Aug. 18?

both of those dates work for me.

I’d much prefer the 18th, but might be able to do the 11th depending on work.

18th will more than likely work for me.

I’d be interested if you have room.

James! Welcome. It would be great to see you again.

Scott, Likewise. I could also bring RJ who you met at the SQN dinner. Don’t want to impose so I’ll take the lead from the group on open spots.