Allman Bros Band Fox Theater Oakland, CA

i am psyched for tomorrow night. think Luka’s pre-show and then a brief stroll to see ABB.

anybody else going?

I’m going both nights. Best American r&r band, IMO. Derek Trucks is a force of nature on guitar.

A friend is coming from LA so we’ll probably be arriving for Tuesday’s show just before show time. Coincidentally, he and I are meeting my girlfriend and 2 more friends for pre-show dinner at Luka’s on Weds.

love DT - have seen a few times already in varied incarnations. we are on the floor tomorrow night. i am easy to find, 6’6", so if you are on the floor say hello.

I’m in the mezzanine both shows. I’m 6’3" so the floor itself isn’t an issue. I can see over most everyone. However, 22 years of seeing Grateful Dead shows and 15 years of tennis means my knees aren’t what they used to be.

I do make an exception for Los Lobos when they play the Fillmore.

The Allman Brother!!! OMG. The ONLY thing good about the Angels losing a ball game is that they play Jessica on your way out. Never for winning, only for losing. One of my top 5 songs, paired with Ramblin’ Man played by Dickie Betts. WOW!!!

goodness that was inspiring stuff with Derek & Warren.

Yep. The second set was positively epic. The Other One jam in the middle of Black Hearted Woman was incendiary. Jessica was amazing, too. I’ve never heard it played that way.

Can’t wait to see what they pull out tonight!

like you i thought Jessica was a real highlight and BHW/TOO was a really special moment. also dug Mountain Jam real hard.

looking fwd to hearing what you have to say about night #2.