New York Offline Friday, 5/29 - full

I’ve had a rough day with being told that I’ll need major back surgery. I need to be cheered up and do some serious drinking pre-op! Aaron & I are going to be in NY for a few days at the end of the month to see his piece, The Journey being premiered at Lincoln Center on May 31st.

Date: Friday, May 29
Time: 7pm
Location: Grano Trattoria (http://www.granonyc.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) We were told that if we buy a couple of bottles off the list, corkage will be free, so that is the plan in addition to the bottles we bring.
Wine theme: Old world wines that are ready to drink. Please only bring 1 bottle per person (requested by the restaurant).

Here is the list of attendees, we’ll cap it at 10 people.

1. Poppy D.
  2. Aaron F.
  3. Jorge H.
  4. Suzanne C.
  5. Leo F.
  6. Diane K.
  7. Victor H.
  8. Greg K.
  9. Tom F.
  10. Kathy F.

Poppy,

Would love to get together. My wife went through major back surgery a couple of years ago (disk fusion and replacement) and she’d be happy to share any info. We could do either night at the moment. Not too savy with vegetarian-friendly locales but I can look into Indian, Thai, or any oher Asian places. Any theme in mind?

Jorge,
That sounds great! It doesn’t have to be an ethnic restaurant. Most restaurants can accommodate us, except for steak houses, sushi and seafood places.

I don’t think I can make it down then, but congrats to Aaron! That’s a very big deal!

Will Bruce Dern be coming to dinner?

For now, count me in. I won’t know my schedule/ability to commit 100% for a few more days.

Poppy,

Just checked in with Zoe (Da boss), we’re driving up to Connecticut on Saturday so it’ll have to be Friday for us. Same as Rick, it won’t be a 100% lock in until a little further down the road, but I can certainly attempt to set something up. As for “ethnic” places…no problem on my end; remember, I’m technically “ethnic” myself. Just blurt out a couple of requests, food and/or wine wise, and I’ll get crackin’.

Cool! Thanks so much for doing the legwork. As for food, probably anything Italian/American/California/Bistro, etc. would be good, but I’d certainly be open to other options. But I only drink beer with my Mexican food. [wow.gif]

I’ve never been into strict wine themes, maybe we can do something pretty broad such as old world that is drinking well now?

I think Asher R. might be in for this as well.

I can make it…please add me

Jim Gallagher asked to be placed on the list.

Thanks.

This is shaping up nicely! Many thanks, Jorge!
It’ll be great to meet you all!

Sorry I have to miss this, it sounds great. Welcome to NYC Poppi!

Poppy,

Add Sharon Bowman to the list please.

Excellent! I’m so happy to meet the NY gang!

Michel, I’m sorry we won’t get to meet – hopefully we’ll get another trip to New York sometime soon.

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Me Pick Me Pick Me

Yay! Glad you can make it! Will I get added to the list of Berserker women who’ve been hugged by Leo? :smiley:

Please add me to the wait list!

I’m going to back out and let a wait-lister have a guaranteed spot for now. It looks like I won’t be able to swing this.

Rick, sorry you won’t be able to make it.

Peter, you’re in!

Poppy,

If you and Aaron don’t have any plans on Saturday I would like to invite you to my place for a diner. I live short train ride north from NYC and you’ll get to meet my wild and crazy kids…

Leo,
Thanks for the very generous offer. I’ve only spent 8 hours in New York before, so we’re going to take in as much of the city as we can and find a show and/or dinner in town. We’re looking forward to meeting you on the 29th!