June 5th LA Offline India Grill 8 pm

OK then. Here it is:

Friday, June 5th, India’s Grill, 8 p.m.

Corkage: $6
Bring: wine and stems

Theme: Wine that pairs well with Indian food! This can be tricky. If you need some guidance, please enujoy this somewhat helpful article about pairing wines with Indian. THE CHRONICLE PAIRING GUIDE / THE SPICE IS RIGHT / The secrets of matching Indian food with wine but don’t sweat it too much. Save that for the spicy food. Be experimental!

Attendees:
1.) Sarah Warner Occhipinti Il Frappato, maybe a Gruner, maybe looks like we have a ton of wine already!
2.) M.A. Gelb
3.) Mrs. Gelb
4.) Veronica Castro 2004 Saxum Syrah Bone Rock James Berry Vineyard and the Gutzler 2008 White Pressed Pinot Noir.
5.) Lisa Lovullo
6.) Gregg Greenbaum
7.) Andy Weber: 1999 Abbazia di Novacella Praepositus Lagrein and a 2005 Pipestone Viognier
8.) Marina Greenbaum
9.)Brett Johnson - 2008 Ameztoi Getariako Txakolina Rose Rubentis, 2005 Van Volxem Scharzhofberger Riesling
10.)Ed Kurtzman (subbing in for rock star secret guest (he made me write that)–August West Rosella’s Vineyard 2005, Pinot, Stony Hill Gewurtz Traminer (sic) 1991, Alfred Merkelbach/Geschwister Albertz Erben 2005 Urziger Wurzgarten Riesling Auselese, Mosel, Domaine Weinbach Cuvee Laurence Gewurtztraminer 2006 Vin d’Alsace
11.) Meredith Johnson–2006 Porter Creek Old Vine Carignane

Waitlist:

Hope y’all can make it! [gen_fro.gif]

My house is available if need be, but whatever it is, you know Wetrock will be there

Last time I checked, Long Beach is still in So Cal [bye2.gif] Why not come join us for pizza on the 8th? That said, I’d be up for whatever comes out of this thread.

OPH is kind of weekend challenged until after volleyball nationals at the end of May. After that, I think we can work in something sometime in late June, but too soon to post it up. MAy is going to be busy for me, but I will certainly keep looking to see what pops up here.

I might be tempted. Especially if Jeff Leve is invited. I’ll bring the Angelus. He won’t be screaming OMFG about the wine.
[rofl.gif]

Sounds great Sarah! My schedule is flexible these days…

Definitely hit a Long Beach offering when they come up Sarah. Kriss hooks us up right. There might be a thing or two in the works also.

I’m interested. I can’t make the Long Beach one, but if we set something up for June or July, I’m good to go.

OK. I’ll plan for LBC in May. Can’t wait until June to see all of yous! :slight_smile:

Todd, I am happy to crash your home for an offline. Name a theme and date.

Depending on date, and if I can afford the theme, I’m in. Wife would likely join as well, but I suspect she is going to tire of all the OL’s I’m going to try to cram in this summer.

Haven’t been to Eldon’s in a while, and since he’s offering something in June, let’s take him up on it. Especially since OPH is now on my GPS.

I’m in…thanks to this terriffic econmoy, my schedule is far more open than I care for it to be.

If Wetpebble would get it together, we could do our 3rd installment of Garagiste at Marouch.

Do tell. . . . [drinks.gif]

My place is teeny-tiny, but can certainly do an offline in June. Will not be drinking in May, just for work.

LOVE the avatar Veronica. Reminds me of the good ol’ days…

I’m always interested and my wife would probably join as well…

If we are available, I know the wife and I would be interested as well. [good.gif]

OPH > is kind of weekend challenged until after volleyball nationals at the end of May. After that, I think we can work in something sometime in late June, but too soon to post it up. MAy is going to be busy for me, but I will certainly keep looking to see what pops up here.

Haven’t been to Eldon’s in a while, and since he’s offering something in June, let’s take him up on it. Especially since > OPH > is now on my GPS.

Not sound completely “out of the loop” here, but what does “OPH” stand for?

No worries! Everybody asks that. It’s a unique home, in a somewhat challenging location, and aptly named, “One Particular House”.

Gotcha! Thanks!! [good.gif]