Loser Fest I - Saturday, 4/25 - Virtual Tasting Party

In the spirit of FFII, the rest of us will have a Virtual Tasting on Saturday, 4/25. While the gang is trying to sample hundreds of nice wines, bit by bit, we’ll toast to them with our own bottles.

Let’s make it good - no mamby pamby crap.

Post your wine, and notes to accompany it.

I’m in. Total loser here! We’ll drink '85 Guigal Brune et Blonde.

Mine’s a 3L 1972 Mouton Cadet.

Baller all the way!

I’ll go either '87 Mondavi Cab or '97 E. Pira & Figli Barolo Cannubi, but it’s still SO young…

Bad shit happens in Toddland, Philip. And don’t contact him about this matter again.

Phil, who gives a rats ass about a bunch of losers? [bye2.gif]

I’m in!

I just have to decide which color:

Why, pink of course Ken.

I’ll send over some large format stuff to help you guys feel like you are part of the cool club. Cheers! [cheers.gif]

No thanks sugar…that Double Mag of Mouton Cadet should suffice.

Ken,

The Fruit Punch holds up best under bad storage, so if the provenance is questionable, go with the red.

I don’t know. The blue and the green have my attention right now. There’s just something magnetic about wines in those colors. Red and white are just so 10 minutes ago!

Do they still sell Thunderbird?

You Betcha:
http://www.wine-searcher.com/prof/wine-select.lml?Xwinenameid=&Xwinename=Thunderbird&Xvintage=2&Xlocation=USA&Xstate=ANY&Xcurrencycode=USD&Xlist_format=N&Xkeyword_mode=A&Xbottle_size=all&Xprice_set=CUR&Xprice_min=&Xprice_max=&ID=GN7BB4S57R000BQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sweet. To represent Loser-style, assuming I can source some Thunderbird, I will contribute a bottle of Blood Juice to the festivities. After I go the the Atelier tasting, of course.

T-Bone be rollin’…

Have fun…losers.

Ahh what a night last night 1988 Corton Charlemagne, 1988 Drouhin Musigny, 1968 and 1991 Unico, 1986 Lafleur, 1998 Masseto, 1989 Pichon, 1993 Echezaux, 1981 La Mission Haut Brion… God, still too buzzed up to remeber all of them, will get back to you with the full list so you, who stay home, can at least have little fun…