OC/LA Oct. 9th, Kriss and Daisy's belated wedding offline, Tustin

Daisy and I will be back in town the second weekend in October, and we want to celebrate our still somewhat recent nuptials with our So Cal wine buds. I have arranged an informal gathering at Tustin’s Beach Pit BBQ for Saturday night, October 9, beginning at 6 pm. This will be a very casual, drop-in-friendly event, and no wine theme is specified. Bring whatever you want to share with friends, and whatever goes with bbq. Please provide your own stemware. They will not charge us corkage as long as we stay well-behaved - this means you, Dietz. [pillow-fight.gif]

They can accommodate a healthy crowd, so unless this shoots past 30 with a bullet, I won’t be needing a wait list. LA folks, I know this is a bit of a schlep, but since it’s the weekend, hopefully some of you can part the Orange Curtain and join us. Daisy and I hope to see many of you this night, and look forward to your camaraderie. [drinkers.gif]

Saturday, October 9
6 pm
Beach Pit BBQ
560 El Camino Real
(Old Town) Tustin, CA 92780
714.929.RIBS
http://beachpitbbq.com/locations/tustin-garage.aspx

Guests:

1. Kriss & Daisy Reed
  2. Todd French
  3. Jim Dietz
  4. Rob Winn
  5. +1 (Francine?)
  6. Bruce Weimer
  7. Arnie Caplan
  8. Lisa Caplan
  9. Eldon Gath
  10. Clara Gath
  11. Veronica Castro

I’ll do my best to stop by after opera

Grazie, cello dude. Hope you can make it.

Extra points if you’re still wearing your tux. [berserker.gif]

Having been singled out, I’m not sure if I should be honored or pissed. Given my state of confusion, I will be there, but I can’t promise anything about my behavior. Is this the place that has changed owners/cuisines umpteen times???

Glad you can make it. The place to which you refer is across the street from Beach Pit. Not sure by which name it goes these days, is it still Quinn’s? We offlined there a couple of years ago.

Kriss–Cool idea.

I don’t know yet if I’m available on Oct. 9, so put me down as a “maybe.”

Bruce

Put me down with a plus one. Sounds like fun. Looking forwad to seeing u and Daisy.

Yes.

Would be great to be there, but, I will be in Missouri.

Enjoy!

Leslie

Lisa and I will be there (a tad late)…

I’m in, probably with Clara. To clarify - this place was the Tustin Transmission Shop in its prior life.

So, greasy spoon to describe this place would not be inappropriate???

K Reed, nice to see you back. Congrtaulations, too. Been a long time since you came over to the Casa wrapped up in that goofy costume. Maybe Dietz has a photo of that get up you were sporting.

I’m tied up already for the 9th or I’d come hang with you guys but can’t make it. Have fun, have a safe trip pal!

[rofl.gif]

Don’t apply the 5-second rule …
Actually, it should be an excellent choice for this as there is plenty of room, the food is reasonable, the lights are bright, oh wait …

Congratulations Kriss! If I was on a different coast I’d be there with bells on!

Sorry, no can do; I’ll be out of town on the 9th. Have a great time, though!

Bruce

B-Day party for my brother-in-law that night. No one there drinks wine, so I will pop a great wine to celebrate your belated wedding offline. Dana sends her wishes to you both as well. [drinkers.gif]
P.S.- No need to thank us for the Florida like heat and the dose of humidity. Just our way of making you feel at home. [tease.gif]

Please add me to the list if possible. Grazie!!

Bring your favorite 09 Bojo…

gonna see if i can convince the powers that be into making the trek …