Friday FFII dinner

Now that we’re closer to the date there seems to be some interest in “what’s happening Friday night”.

So I’ll try again

Friday night dinner. Everyone is welcome. If you don’t have plans and want to hang with some Berserkers before the main show on Saturday, jump on board.

When - Friday, April 24
Time - 7:00pm
Citrus Bistro

1. Jeff Pfohl (2002 Kistler Sonoma Coast Pinot)
  2. Frank Rodriguez (06 Mondavi Fume Blanc To Kalon Vnyd)
  3. Julie Rodriguez
  4. Joe Dulworth (2003 J. Rochioli Pinot Noir River Block or 2000 Eyrie Vineyards Pinot Noir Reserve)
  5. +1 Dulworth (2001 Kistler Chardonnay Vine Hill Vineyard)
  6. Darin Kendrick
  7. Jordan Whitehead (04 aubert)

Should be an exciting dinner

Zach, I’ll save you a seat

If that’s the table, I’ll sit in anything!

May I impart some vision here?
Thanks.

or

Lesson? Don’t pick on my buddy Zach.

Showing a bunch of kids at a table is a lesson to me? [imnewhere.gif] Some cult it appears which makes sense actually…

I invited Zach, that shouldn’t be an issue for you to deal with… should it? Zach seemed ok with the invite…

Or are you saying you are jealous I didn’t extend you an invite…

[sarcasm]
But I’m going to get ahead of this. Zach, I am so so so very sorry that I indicated anything about your height. Certainly no one here would do such a thing [rolleyes.gif], I’m clearly cleary so far out of bounds showing a high chair that I can only beg for your forgiveness and pray pray you won’t drop me from your holiday card list. Please allow me to offer you up any 100 bottles from my cellar, plus my sister’s hand in marriage and a Lamborghini as part of her dowry as only a small gesture showing how very sorry I am to step so far out of the WB norms as to make any comment about your size.
[/sarcasm]

[whistle2.gif]

Zach can’t come to the internet right now, but if your sister does windows, I will accept in his place. How are you fixed for Chave?

Nah, just havin’ a giggle. Have fun.
Jealous is so last year. [highfive.gif]

Not sure if she does windows, but I’m also pretty sure she is hetero so you’re not really her type.

Chave? Tons back into the 1980s. I’m opening up maybe 4 whites and 4 reds at the Friday dinner. It’s gonna be great!

Everyone is invited of course. I never exclude anyone from OL events, all inclusive. If you’re in town, you’re welcome.

Linda got lured away to the “private dinner” and Cheryl just bagged the whole weekend so we’re down to 3 rather than 5, but there’s still room and Frank/Julie/me always have a great time together.

Jeff, my wife and I might be able to make it. I’ll let you know as soon as I can. Just keep us in mind as a maybe at the moment.

Any thoughts on a venue?

Pending work, I should be able to attend as well.

No idea on venue. Cheryl had arranged us to take over an entire restaurant and BYO, but I’m guessing at this late date that’s a non-starter.

Something easy I would suppose. It doesn’t need to be, in my opinion, a huge BYO gorgefest. Just a chance for some of us to get together, visit and have a nice evening.

I’m open to any/all ideas. I know there is a brasilian steakhouse around for instance which is always fun. Maybe some seafood place if we wanted to go lighter. BYO is trickier in Texas I think so we shouldn’t count on that unless someone has an “in” they’d like to share.

Don’t forget the 61 Cheval Blanc

If you are having Chave, those at the private dinner are simply full of fail.

Bordeaux? Me? Never. But some killer La Las to add a Cote Rotie component to the Chave might be a good idea.

Plus I’ll be surrounded by Cab/Bdx fanatics on Saturday. If it wasn’t for Leo with his Spanish maggies and Philip tossing in the Lillian I’d actually be drinking water! [emot-pwn.gif]

It’s dang near impossible to BYOB on a Friday night in Dallas unless the place is 100% pure BYOB even with an in. Even Van at Lola prefers that we don’t come on a Friday or Saturday night and BYOB any longer. He’ll yield for special occasions but it’s been abused so badly in the past it isn’t always cut and dried.

Fogo de Chao (the Brazilian Steakhouse you mentioned) technically doesn’t allow BYOB so you’ll definitely want to call ahead and try to work something out. I don’t have any pull with them myself. You’d likely be better off ordering off their list or simply sticking with cocktails for the evening. Just my two cents. http://www.fogodechao.com/locations/addisonTX.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The place Cheryl was trying to setup was Mirabelle. Josef doesn’t typically allow you to BYOB, especially on the weekends, unless you take the whole place like she was trying to put together. However, sometimes if you call him a little late like this and he doesn’t have any advanced bookings you can sometimes sweet talk him into allowing it for a group of 8 or so. (972) 733-0202.

Here are a few places you can Google that are nice places (not great, not bad, casual, “nice”) that do allow corkage:

Amici’s Signature Italian in Carrollton http://www.amicisignature.com/" onclick=“window.open(this.href);return false;
Citrus Bistro in Dallas http://www.pegasusnews.com/news/2009/feb/04/dallas-restaurateur-gaspar-stantic-resurfaces-citr/” onclick=“window.open(this.href);return false;
Suze in Dallas http://www.suzerestaurant.net/index.html” onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just a few suggestions.

FYI…I’m not against simply making a reservation someplace and ordering off a list myself if people prefer that. Just beware any place with a decent list in Dallas is always usually $$$$.

Citrus now has a website. http://www.citrusbistro.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Could go the seafood route as I wouldn’t want a heavy meal at a Churrascaria the night before Flannery Fest.

corkage at citrus is $5

would join you if we went for this option. appears to be about 5 miles from the hotels in addison.
could bring an 04 aubert

Thanks for that link. Didn’t realize their site was up yet.

If people want Citrus for seafood I’d recommend a reservation soon. The place is absolutely tiny.

I spoke with Citrus to obtain their website info, they do have availability for 8-10 people friday at 7pm