Boston Dinner with Ed - April 21st - 6:30pm

Ed Kurtzman (Freeman/August West) will be in town on the 21st of April. Who is interested in meeting Ed and having some wine and dinner in Boston (or anywhere else convenient to Ed)? I’d like to limit this to between 6 and 8 people (depending on venue, we may have to cap this at 6 people)

Reservation Made: 6:30pm at “the usual”

CONFIRMED ATTENDESS:

Ed Kurtzman (and guests)
Zachary Lang - 06 W.H. Smith Marimar
Tyler Rico - 97 AF Gros Cote de Beaune
Jud and Lisa - 96 Jacquesson Extra Brut and 82 Beychevelle
Peter Czyryca

I would be up for it

I’m in.

If no one has an issue, the 21st would be better for me…what say you?

Zach, I think you need to take a couple of days off there buddy. Thurs/Fri/Sat are going to be an assault on your system.

The 21st would be better for me as well.

doesnt matter to me 21 or 22.

I like em young [berserker.gif]

Now we just have to get Ed to confirm! hahah

Sorry I won’t be able to make it. I’ll be having dinner with Cinderalla and the mean step-sisters at DisneyWorld that night (just shoot me now, please). [suicide.gif]

By the way, I see from the other thread that Ed was a one-time Western Mass resident. Ed, I was born and raised in Northampton and lived there and in Amherst until about 1987, when I moved to Somerville/Cambridge. I imagine we may have overlapped a bit in our tenures there, so I’m especially sorry to miss you at this off-line event, where we could have bored everyone with the topic of “the old days”. Oh well, there is hopefully always next year! [cheers.gif]

-Michael

Looks like we dodged a bullet!

Zach - I would like to be +1 if interest stays light.

The 21st is perfect for me. Where should we go? Thanks for setting this up.

There probly won’t be many Cali cabs there [gheyfight.gif] .

I’m in.

or burgundy… until about ten minutes ago

Ed, are you going to be staying downtown? If so, does everyone just want to do “the usual”? I dare not post it here because Pete gets very upset by that.

If not downtown, we can also do Cafe mangal in Wellesley. I’m open to suggestions

I am kinda over the “usual” at this point. I would be up for anything else.

I’ll probably be staying downtown, but Wellesley is fine if that’s where folks want to go. I wonder what the “usual” is.

Ed - Any particular theme for wines? Zach - PM sent

Really, Ed. You probably don’t want to know.
[gheyfight.gif]

No theme planned that I know of. Any ideas? I’ll bring a couple of my recent wines, as well as something(s) that will fit into a theme.