April Boston Offline

Anyone up for something in April?

I’m listening [gen_fro.gif]

I was thinking early April. I would be happy to host it at my house or we can look at a restaurant.

I’ll be around Boston April 20th, 21st and 22nd if it happens toward the end of April.

I would be out if it was sat the 11th or during Flannery Fest in TX (the weekend of the 25th, I think)

April 10,11 or 25 works for me.

Hi! I might be interested for any of those days. Gone 17th-23ed.

Later April suits me. Was there a theme or is this bring your favorite bottle within a price range?

I am up for anything. If anyone has a restaurant that allows BYOB I will be happy to coordinate it. Otherwise I am also happy to host it.

Going through a big Italian white phase right now but the theme is totally open. I am always down with bubbles. [swoon.gif]

I’d love to meet up with you all, but april is really tight. I’ll get ya on the next go round

How about doing Italian wines at Sweet Basil in Needham, which is legal BYOB with a $5 corkage? Fun vibe and good, hearty Italian food, although no desserts (so someone has to bring an Avignonesi Vin Santo!) and no reservations or CCs.

http://www.sweetbasilneedham.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I can bring a great '97 Tig that was just meant for Osso Buco.

When did they start charging $5/bottle? Maybe they always did, I could have sworn it was free 2 years ago.

I’m not aware of the $5 either. But it has been about 9 mos. since I last did an offline there. They may have changed policy (or who knows–maybe they’ve always added that to the bill and nobody ever noticed!)

The problem there in my opinion is that they take no reservations. So, it either has to be a “quiet” weeknight or folks have to wait for a table to open up (which is difficult for large parties and in general on any weekend evening). I do like the food and I do like the Italian theme, though! April 8, 9, 13 or 30 are about the only April dates I could even consider, so I’m probably not a good fit unless this slides to May.

-Michael

“We welcome you to bring your own wine & beer. Corkage fee is five bucks.”
I usually go early and so haven’t had to wait.

mid week would be better for me in april too

I might be able to make it also if it’s mid-week.

Natalie, why don’t you propose a date/place/time and we’ll see who’s up for it.

I hope it ends up being midweek on April 21 or 22. It would be great to meet the Boston Beserkers.

Ed’s dates could work for me…anyone else available then? It’d be great to meet you as well Ed! [drinkers.gif]

I’m out of town 17th-23ed.