Pisoni is in da house!!

I think I’ve Pisoni-proofed enough of the house now. OC folks will start piling in to party with Gary Pisoni any minute.

Interesting how when I offered Frank Murray my house for an Offline event so he wouldn’t have to be the ONLY one, he gives me this one. Beer-bongin’, pot-smokin’, party animal Gary Pisoni and gang.

Well, look for pics, and notes, and hopefully I’m around tomorrow to post here.

Well, crisis averted - Gary never showed! His interview at Napa Rose went too late, apparently…

Jeff Pisoni was there, and is (from what I gather) the polar opposite of his father, just like his brother Mark. Had a great time, with TONS of wine, and hopefully Cris, Lauren, Charlie, Paul, Gerry, Leslie, or anybody else can post notes, as I was too busy playing host.

In attendance were Leslie Fisher (who has a series of photos of me literally shovelling sh*t for you all to look forward to), Rob Winn, Francine Haight, Charlie Fu, Lauren Buckles and her NEW CAR, Paul ‘I need 3 hours to get ready’ Lin, Cris Whetstone, Steve Nordhoff, Frank Murray, Robin Miller, Gerry Frayer, Chris Silkowski, and about half a dozen more that I’m too hungover to remember just yet, so I’ll wait for someone else to help me with.
About 1/4 of the wines:

2003 and 2006 Pisoni Estate Pinot Noir
2004 and 2006 Lucia Susan’s Hills Syrah
2006 and 2007 Lucia Garys’ Pinot Noir
2006 Lucia Garys’ Syrah
2007 Lucia Chardonnay
2008 Lucy Rose
1995 Caymus Special Selection

I can’t remember the other wines, and there were many, so guys and gals, chip in and let me know what you wrote down and/or remember, since there were about 20 more bottles I’m not writing down.

Lauren took a posse up to my cellar to raid it for some Italian wine, and we pulled out a 1993 Castello Banfi Brunello di Montalcino Riserva Poggio All’Oro. Everybody but me drank it down rather quickly, but in about 2 hours, it was really kicking. It needed all that time to open up, particularly the flavor profile.

Interested to hear how the Caymus is showing.

The Caymus was awesome. WOTN candidate for many, I’m sure. It was a bit unfair, however, as you have this cadre of new, big pinots and syrahs from CA, so having something with age and grace on it within a couple dozen bottles of almost the polar opposite makes it really stand out.

I do recall of the Pisonis that my favorite was the '06 Estate Pinot Noir - far more than the '03, for some reason.

Btw I think it was a 94 Caymus SS. We also had the 2000 Arcadian Stophelm (?) Syrah, Paul Lin’s wine from Gaps crown, Loring Gary’s vineyard… 05 and 06, 05 Domaine Maume Gevrey Chambertin En Pallud, Carlisle Sonoma Coast zin 07, Carlisle 05(?) Rosella’s vineyard syrah. Might be more but I forget for the moment.

Some of Leslie’s pics - people and wines shown, and lots of my daughter Ella, and most importantly, me shoveling sh*t

password" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Todd - Thanks for hosting the event. Nice to finally meet you!

Here are some more pictures. Thanks to Todd for opening up his house to us! [cheers.gif]

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLanding.action?c=v5vjuft.8dba36k9&x=1&y=47pkmf&localeid=en_US" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thanks for the photos, Paul! What I noticed is that there is a new type of drunk. There are those who get angry, there are those that get sleepy. Frank Murray, when drunk, apparently likes to poop in his pants, or at least for photos…

I want copies! How can I get copies?