Bordeaux 2009 in NYC

Hey guys

Just wanted to check if there would be any interest in doing a Bordeaux tasting in NYC.

I was thinking the theme could be 2009 vintage but open to any other ideas.

Right now just checking if at least 3-4 people would be interested. If there is an interest in the general concept, we can start figuring out the details (theme, venue, date etc).

Edit 4 (dates edited)
Date: July 29th, Friday

Confirmed so far - 8

1. Dinesh Goyal + 1
  2. Thomas Rippe
  3. jeff davidson
  4. David Schliecker
  5. Joseph Grassa + 1
  6. J a y H a c k

Venue : Peking duck house, Upper East Side
Time: 6:30pm

I’m interested.

Hey Tom, Great. Let’s see if we can get a couple of more people to express interest.

During the summer?

Lol. Hopefully.

I was hoping once we have 3-5 people signed up, we will start working on dates and see what works best.

Hi Dinesh, I am interested depending on the date picked. I have a busy summer.

I think that there would be more than enough interest, throw out some dates.

Edit

Dates are in the original post.

I and my wife could be interested. We don’t really have much on the Bordeaux end though. Only the sweet stuff, and mostly splits of Chateau Guiraud, Lafaurie-Peyraguey, Chateau Suduiraut, La Tour Blanche, but we do have multiples of each.

I can’t do Wed or Thurs nights. The other five days are fine. Fingers crossed.

Edited the dates

I’m interested.

David Schliecker Thomas Rippe Mike Reff J0hnEhrl1ng Joseph Grassa

Seems we have enough interest. I have thrown out a few dates. Please let me know if those work for you.

Also feel free to suggest a venue.

Looks like we should be good to make any of the Tuesdays or Fridays, besides the 21st of July.

Just curious, why 2009? Do you want to see where they are at at this stage? I do not know many venues that are byob or with a low corkage…

Mike, that’s right.

But feel free to throw out other ideas.

As for restaurants, I have asked a couple of people for ideas. Two that I can think of are Noreetuh and Peking Duck house

Posting to keep this on my radar. Will check in to see if there is room (and I can source) when a final date is selected.

I definitely enjoy Noreetuh. I’ll get back to you about the dates, a few seem promising.

As for 2009, are you wanting everyone to double decant a head of time? Or is your goal to see how the wines evolve throughout the night, pulling the cork at the restaurant?

I am going to double decant mine. Don’t want to be prescriptive. My personal opinion is that 2009 vintage is still young and double decanting would help.

Noreetuh is corkage free on Sundays. I enjoy PDH.